Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

850 t5-r gul estate for sale

Views : 6440

Replies : 44

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 24th, 2015, 15:21   #21
tony213

Default 850 t5r

Good afternoon Neil and thank you for the update , yes I would really like to see it , I really would.

I do know of another one which is identical in model and colour and it could be bought but to be honest have not got the heart.
The present owner is not well and he has had it for several years and I see him regularly and have always said if and when he wants to sell it can he give me first refusal.

The only thing I would not want to push him into selling , that would be unfair in my eyes and besides he knows if it goes would never be able to replace it and besides he does take it out for a little spin now and then !
it does need some work (respray) headlamp wipers etc missing and he sold off the titan alloys would you believe it years ago for £100. Would make a nice car - but it up to him to decide when the time is right , not me I feel.
tony213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2015, 19:13   #22
t4johnny

Quote:
Originally Posted by t5frankie View Post
I think that this car would be better off being sold to a forum member with a known interest in these cars, all these new members asking to buy it, i'd be wary of where it was going.
Fair point...im on VPCUK most of the time thats why i seem a new member,i got a heads up from there that a Gul was on here possibly for sale........hence i am here....been on VPCUK since 2008...JCT5R....back on topic........i am a genuine 850 enthusiast and hope she goes to a good home if not to mine !

Last edited by t4johnny; Sep 24th, 2015 at 19:15.
t4johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2015, 00:01   #23
tony213

Default johnny

Well done, i am probably like you would love to own it , but if not would like to believe that it finds a very good home !
I believe and have experience of working for Volvo for many years this was a ground breaking car of such immense factor i do not believe it has been surpassed.
When i worked for a dealership alas i could not afford one and had a great deal of empathy and yes envy of those who could. We had some genuine customers who were passionate about the brand and still have friends i worked with who have remained like me loyal and some even still work their today. They are probably like me a slight dinosaur in some respects but still have command of respect for those who find that it gets under your skin and becomes part of your life.
The Following User Says Thank You to tony213 For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 25th, 2015, 02:27   #24
t5frankie
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4johnny View Post
Fair point...im on VPCUK most of the time thats why i seem a new member,i got a heads up from there that a Gul was on here possibly for sale........hence i am here....been on VPCUK since 2008...JCT5R....back on topic........i am a genuine 850 enthusiast and hope she goes to a good home if not to mine !
Funny I'm the top poster on vpcuk and don't really recognise you LOL

visit my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/t5frankie?feature=mhee
t5frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2015, 12:51   #25
tony213

Default Johnny

To be honest I do not really like forums much because you tend to get too many trolls and people making statements questioning people's ethics so that's why I prefer to remain in the background. I really don't see why if someone is on her 5 minutes or 5 years does it really matter - what is important is someone's passion for the brand !
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tony213 For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 25th, 2015, 13:26   #26
alfadave11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony213 View Post
To be honest I do not really like forums much because you tend to get too many trolls and people making statements questioning people's ethics so that's why I prefer to remain in the background. I really don't see why if someone is on her 5 minutes or 5 years does it really matter - what is important is someone's passion for the brand !
I know many people out there that are very passionate about cars bikes and don't live on forums and some are highly respected in the tuning world and they have some very rare machines tuckedway ..they don't talk it they just do it ...so being on a forum doesnt make you any passionate from the rest
alfadave11 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alfadave11 For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 25th, 2015, 18:28   #27
t5frankie
Master Member

what is the actual price for this car?

visit my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/t5frankie?feature=mhee
t5frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2015, 18:57   #28
t4johnny

Default Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by t5frankie View Post
what is the actual price for this car?
See 1st post.............
The Following User Says Thank You to t4johnny For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 1st, 2015, 20:16   #29
Claymore
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4johnny View Post
See 1st post.............
1st post doesn't state price, just sensible offers,l that could be anywhere from £1000 to £5000, I'd like to know if it's in my price bracket as I'm looking for another T-5R for the wife.

Build Thread:
Volvo 850 T-5K
Claymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2015, 00:12   #30
t4johnny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
1st post doesn't state price, just sensible offers,l that could be anywhere from £1000 to £5000, I'd like to know if it's in my price bracket as I'm looking for another T-5R for the wife.
I know, it says a reasonable offer so...............make an offer when you have seen pics/messaged or spoken to the owner........?????
The Following User Says Thank You to t4johnny For This Useful Post: