Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

T4 finally turning into a beast

Views : 13710

Replies : 151

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 12th, 2012, 11:52   #21
Dog_Book
Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy t4 View Post
Afzamlj lol my mate has rolling road and they the readings we been getting so what's funny???
i cant make out the posts either. Would be better if they explain rather than just say lol..

Busy pestering the poor sods here now
Dog_Book is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 12:14   #22
t5frankie
Master Member

Quote:
Afzamlj lol my mate has rolling road and they the readings we been getting so what's funny???
a t5 2.3 engine with a 19t at 18psi is pushing 300 ish i should know thats what mine is at the minute so a 14t would never get anywhere near that more like 220-230bhp

visit my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/t5frankie?feature=mhee
t5frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 13:02   #23
tommy t4
Premier Member

So a 230 hp t4 would beat a 360 mr evo or a 350hp rb5 or b level with a rs4? Yea of course mate you must be right lol
tommy t4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 13:15   #24
mitchyboy01
Premier Member

Quote:
And another bit Mitch when I bought my t4 my standard boost was 8 psi not 15 didn't think t4s run a bar standard, I put an extra 12-15psi through to get this figures with bad spikes and running extremely rich.
Hi mate, yes they run 0.9-1.0 bar from factory. I'm not saying you're lying mate at all so dont take what i said the wrong way. From 960kg's post it seems some people have gotten good power from the 14T. My comments were based on looking at the compressor map and other peoples experiences, it looks impossible on paper but we all know there can be exceptions. I know the Holset compressor maps ( the limited ones there are) are very conservative indeed.

Last edited by mitchyboy01; Feb 12th, 2012 at 13:18.
mitchyboy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 13:26   #25
tommy t4
Premier Member

I wasn't accusing, it's just really annoying when people don't believe me I'm 28 got 2 kids and have had various turbo cars, I'm well into cars and go racing every weekend all these cars iv raced are my mates I know there flat out to there's no holding back and I've pulled on them all so what's the deal??? I've done hardly anything to the car, turbo back exhaust, cone filter with cold air feed from fog light, mbc, forge adjustable actuator, forged rods and pistons, front mount, and Bosch 440cc's and 21 psi from a tdo4, which is used by the old evos and they see 260-300 from that, so what's hard to Believe????
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 13:34   #26
mitchyboy01
Premier Member

There are many different types of TD04, some can flow much more than others. For example 12T to a 19T, massive difference. What was hard to believe is that a 14T can see 300, but you have obviously proved otherwise. Maybe you're supporting mods are doing you a great job seeing those extra horses too.
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 13:37   #27
inchley313
Insane!!

Quote:
I wasn't accusing, it's just really annoying when people don't believe me I'm 28 got 2 kids and have had various turbo cars, I'm well into cars and go racing every weekend all these cars iv raced are my mates I know there flat out to there's no holding back and I've pulled on them all so what's the deal??? I've done hardly anything to the car, turbo back exhaust, cone filter with cold air feed from fog light, mbc, forge adjustable actuator, forged rods and pistons, front mount, and Bosch 440cc's and 21 psi from a tdo4, which is used by the old evos and they see 260-300 from that, so what's hard to Believe????
I think the only way to resolve this without getting involved myself is to get the vehicle on your mates rolling road, print the results and post them in a separate thread on this forum. That would shut everyone up that does not believe you but if you cannot put the figures up, get ready for the onslaught that will ensue.

'01 V40 2.0 Ph2 141,000mi (lower than the last one)
'98 Honda CR-V 2.0 Auto (as this is the car I'm teaching SWMBO to drive in)
Previous:
'97 V40 2.0CD with 173,000mi on the clock and now sold!!
inchley313 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inchley313 For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 13:40   #28
tommy t4
Premier Member

I know the sizes but a td04 is a small turbo compared to others, when it's running flat out on it's limits it performs ok, obviously got good induction and better exhaust free flowing, all helps to get there.....
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 13:50   #29
mitchyboy01
Premier Member

Quote:
I'm 28 too mate with 1 kid. We must me the young'uns on the forum lol
The Following User Says Thank You to mitchyboy01 For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 13:52   #30
tommy t4
Premier Member

Lol i was thinking about doing that, didn't think people wouldn't believe me, as some people know on here my t4 has given up due to running flat out all the time the bottom end gave up, so the only printout I'd get will be of the new engine and that figure WILL be between 350 and 400, plus my friends still have all there cars and they will confirm this ( although there not happy bout gettin smashed by £700 Volvo, when there spending propa money lol)......

Tags
bollox, he loves anal, i think tommy t4, is a gibbon shafter, t5frankie loves rimming