Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General > x40 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Breaking a fully specced 2003 1.8 S40 Sport Lux

Views : 17376

Replies : 209

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 7th, 2014, 21:08   #21
mickaleen59

Hi Alex,

Does it have a CD changer by any chance?

Also if you get back the white side markers (mentioned by you earlier) can i have them instead?
mickaleen59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2014, 21:12   #22
gatos
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickaleen59 View Post
Hi Alex,

Does it have a CD changer by any chance?

Also if you get back the white side markers (mentioned by you earlier) can i have them instead?
I am afraid no CD changer. And even if there was one, I would have kept it for my car....... It is one of the very few things my car is missing..... Will let you know if the sidemarkers become available

Nullius in Verba
gatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2014, 21:56   #23
gazO2V40T4
Premier Member

alex are they xenons on it or just black bezel headlamps

2002 V40 T4
17" Arcadia's ,Boost Gauge ,Forge Dump Valve And Blanking Plate ,Front Upper Strut Brace
gazO2V40T4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2014, 22:16   #24
Bobzilla
V40 2003 ('53)

Hi Alex. How much for the plastic A-pillars? I have the cloth ones at present and actually quite like them! However, one's looking rather tatty and are soooo hard to find in good condition. Perhaps you could let me know by PM combined with the other bits please? Many thanks.
Old Jan 7th, 2014, 22:48   #25
gatos
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazO2V40T4 View Post
alex are they xenons on it or just black bezel headlamps
No Xenons I am afraid. Standard lights with black bezels and chrome rings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobzilla View Post
Hi Alex. How much for the plastic A-pillars? I have the cloth ones at present and actually quite like them! However, one's looking rather tatty and are soooo hard to find in good condition. Perhaps you could let me know by PM combined with the other bits please? Many thanks.
Which side A-pillar cover is looking tatty? Might have a spare good one in cloth. Otherwise, I am after £10 for the pair of plastic ones

Nullius in Verba
The Following User Says Thank You to gatos For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 7th, 2014, 22:58   #26
gazO2V40T4
Premier Member

well thats a bummer

2002 V40 T4
17" Arcadia's ,Boost Gauge ,Forge Dump Valve And Blanking Plate ,Front Upper Strut Brace
gazO2V40T4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2014, 00:32   #27
Baffler
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatos View Post
Similar question so will answer for both. First of all, checked and there is no bloody amplifier on the car....... It does have the bigger rear speakers and that is it.

However, if it helps, I did this upgrade on our own S40. It already had the bigger rear speakers and I got a donor car with an S40 amplifier. All you need is to wire the amplifier to a prewired socket at the rear passengers seats. You will need to remove the kickplate and the leather seat bolster and lift the carpet. You should be able to see the power connector. To get the signal to the amplifier, you will need the amplifier AUX cable from the front of the car. Then, you will need the extra wiring from the Amp to the two rear speakers. I removed all of this from a previous donor car and have successfully fitted it on. The best part is that the original connections to the rear speakers are now redundant, but they can be used to plug in two more speakers in the car. My plan is to install a V40 amp and Sub in the boot and then use the other spare connection for a centre speaker in the dashboard......

If you are interested on the setup, let me know and I will try to make a post in the forum at some point
Thanks for the info, Alex. I'll have a look for that power connection under the bolster but, knowing my luck with this "Sport" model, anything that could have jeopardised the weight of the vehicle seems to have been deleted. I already have an auxiliary cable, which I got from Ants so, you reckon I just need the harness from the amp to the rear speakers. Assuming it's not on my car and if it's available from yours can I have first dibs on it?

'96 854 TDI SE, '99 V70 2.5D S, '05 C70 2.0T Collection, '05 S80 2.0T SE, '15 V70 D4 SE Lux Nav.
Baffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2014, 01:28   #28
gatos
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffler View Post
Thanks for the info, Alex. I'll have a look for that power connection under the bolster but, knowing my luck with this "Sport" model, anything that could have jeopardised the weight of the vehicle seems to have been deleted. I already have an auxiliary cable, which I got from Ants so, you reckon I just need the harness from the amp to the rear speakers. Assuming it's not on my car and if it's available from yours can I have first dibs on it?
Our 1.9D was a basic S model and the wiring from the front and all the way to the rear passenger side was present. It is a grey connector with 3 wires. Black, red and brown/white one.

The rest of the wiring from there to the amp was missing as well as from the amp to the speakers. So in my case, I retrofitted this extra wires and everything worked like a treat. The extra wiring on the car MUST come from an S40 equiped with the amp. So in the case of the car I am breaking, it is not present. There was an S40 in my local scrapyard with a complete amp system and they wanted £45 for the amp, rear speakers and all wiring. So if interested, I can get it for you. Should be able to get amp and wiring for a bit less

And yes, the V40 amp has extra wiring for the two speakers and the sub. I am only guessing here, but I would assume that the V40 amp distributes the power accordingly to the rear speakers and the base. So if it was used instead on an S40, it may give a much weaker signal to the two big rear S40 speakers.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140108_010524.jpg (50.6 KB, 169 views)
File Type: jpg 20140108_010834.jpg (69.6 KB, 170 views)

Nullius in Verba
The Following User Says Thank You to gatos For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 8th, 2014, 02:03   #29
Baffler
Premier Member

God damn...knew I should of bought a Luxxy Sprot. I'll check to see what's on mine in the morning.

Thanks again for the info & pics

'96 854 TDI SE, '99 V70 2.5D S, '05 C70 2.0T Collection, '05 S80 2.0T SE, '15 V70 D4 SE Lux Nav.
Baffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2014, 12:39   #30
adamamam

What would you charge for the cup-holder console? Also, does it have a spot for a fag lighter?