Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > V40/XC '12>17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

About to place an order

Views : 1789

Replies : 13

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 19th, 2014, 06:37   #1
Si666

Default About to place an order

Just about to place and order

Looking at the D4 R Design
with Sports pack, Drivers Support Pack, and Winter pack.
Electric drivers seat, PCC, and Premium Sensus, and flappy paddles, which I guess will be just used for the first few weeks.

Two questions

1) thinking of the 18" alloys, Do these increase the CO2 output? its going to be a company car.
2) is the reversing camera a worth while option. Never had one before.

Thanks in advance

Si
Si666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2014, 08:40   #2
tt82
Forum Support Team

1. The emissions only change with any engine/gearbox differences in spec. Whilst adding options and weight will increae real world fuel use and emissions output, it doesn't affect the C02 emissions for road tax and I imagine that would be true for company car tax as well.

2. Not had one myself either

tt82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2014, 13:28   #3
Loskie

Extras and wheel sizes can have an effect on emissions. The volvo car builder on the website should be able to tell you what the outcome of optional extras will be.
Loskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2014, 10:23   #4
Si666

Volvo car builder doesnt say anyhting. but specing in the Lex leasing site changing wheels says it may effect the the CO2 output.

On the D4 the tyre width is 225 for both the 17 and 18 so hopefully wont effect it.

the D4 with 17 is 109CO2 which is band B Band C starts 110CO2
Old Sep 20th, 2014, 23:02   #5
NewVolvo
VOC Member

We have the reversing camera.....it's brilliant. Once you have it, you will never look back!

IMG_5530.jpg
1987 780 Bertone
Lots of previous Volvo's
NewVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2014, 07:57   #6
tt82
Forum Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si666 View Post
Volvo car builder doesnt say anyhting. but specing in the Lex leasing site changing wheels says it may effect the the CO2 output.

On the D4 the tyre width is 225 for both the 17 and 18 so hopefully wont effect it.

the D4 with 17 is 109CO2 which is band B Band C starts 110CO2
The trim level/options fitted, alloy wheel design, tyre fitted, road surface, any gradient and the weather can all affect the CO2 output aswell.

I would be very surprised if anybody actually went to the trouble of testing every car, with every possible different engine/gearbox and wheel combination. My guess is that any tax calcualtion will be based on the CO2 figure written on the V5 and that will be based on the engine/gearbox combination only.

tt82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2014, 20:08   #7
NewVolvo
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt82 View Post
The trim level/options fitted, alloy wheel design, tyre fitted, road surface, any gradient and the weather can all affect the CO2 output aswell.

I would be very surprised if anybody actually went to the trouble of testing every car, with every possible different engine/gearbox and wheel combination. My guess is that any tax calcualtion will be based on the CO2 figure written on the V5 and that will be based on the engine/gearbox combination only.

MB brochures usually state the CO2 output based on different wheelsizes as standard and I am confident they provide this info to any government that asks for it so they in turn can charge more....
1987 780 Bertone
Lots of previous Volvo's
NewVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2014, 22:21   #8
Si666

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewVolvo View Post
We have the reversing camera.....it's brilliant. Once you have it, you will never look back!

Attachment 79239
Last weekend I spent it with a BMW 420D M sport convertible which came with a reversing camera. Previously I have been against them but I have to say they do make reversing so much easier!!

Do the lines in this picture change as you turn the steering wheel?
Old Sep 26th, 2014, 10:26   #9
Si666

Finally after 2 tough months of debating in my head various cars I have finally ordered a V40

Others I looked at where the A3 sport line, Mercedes A220 AMG, and the Golf GTD

I tried several and quickly decided that Auto was the way to go. lots of stop start traffic etc. This dismissed the Audi as the 184psi engine only comes in Quattro form which is expensive and and not as efficient.

The heart said Mercedes the Head said Golf, and the Volvo was an outsider.

Having previously had a Golf (MK4) it was time for something different. The Merc came out about £50 more a month. (the head is still screaming Golf)

Managed to track a dealer with a D4 engined demo but in Manual guise. due to traffic was only a brief test drive. But they also had just in a geartronic version so was able to have a quick play in that.

Mercedes allowed me 5 hours in the A220 AMG so had a good play in that. Very nice comfy and a nice place to be. All the reviews say its a harsh hard ride. I find it just right but then I have always had sporty cars. and what do you expect from an AMG?

So after lots of changes of mind I have plumpt for the for a V40 R Design Lux with geartronic box in black.

Drivers pack, sports pack and winter pack along with 18" alloys.

Order has been placed with Lex and just need manager to approve the order.

now I just need to wait patiently hopefully not too long a wait
Old Sep 27th, 2014, 19:09   #10
volvorocks
Rodney

When you get it, you will have to do a roadtest/review. Very quiet here in the V40 section!

Regards
volvorocks is offline   Reply With Quote