Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > Parts - Sales and Wants > Generic Parts for Sale
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Breaking 2003 S60 2.4 factory LPG

Views : 951

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 3rd, 2014, 19:26   #1
garyovey

Default Breaking 2003 S60 2.4 factory LPG

Hi, hopefully, this is the right place for this. My very nice S60 suffered a valve timing issue in August, we think it is the timing pulley. Not having the correct tools to even check the valve timing, I tried to sell the car complete as 'spares or repair' on eBay, with the usual time wasters!

I have started, therefore, to break it. I have everything going, either removed or I can take off or you would be welcome to come and take bits off.

Generally in good condition, lovely engine and gearbox and all ancillaries, leather interior, all the toys.

If anyone wants anything, let me know, either 07900 917 573 or garyovey@tiscali.co.uk

Cheers

Gary
garyovey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2014, 00:36   #2
zoidberg
Master Member

Default 2.4

where abouts is Callington ???
zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2014, 01:39   #3
cheshired5
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoidberg View Post
where abouts is Callington ???
The only one I know is Cornwall. I'm pretty sure there isn't another.
Old Nov 4th, 2014, 09:10   #4
reggit
Premier Member

and the car was in Cornwall when it was advertised on eBay.

OP - it will be worth your while advertising this in the LPG section and the P2 S60/V70 sales section
Old Nov 4th, 2014, 13:55   #5
mrdave2003
Premier Member

Hi, what colour is the interior? looking for front door cards, amp and speakers to upgrade from the standard stereo set up.
Parking sensors and mudflaps are a couple of other things i'm looking for.

Can't be many of these lpg models around now, was it any good in terms of economy & performance?
mrdave2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2014, 23:02   #6
garyovey

Default Thanks

Thanks to all replying. Yes, callington is in Cornwall, but only just!

I have removed the door cards, front and rear. The inside is a dark beige.

I have kept the speakers but am selling the HU-803 cd multi changer unit.

Sadly, I have to arrange removal of the car from the drive so what is off it now is all there will be, most of it is listed on eBay but I do have other bits.

It did not have parking sensors, for some reason. There is a radiator (I think it has the aircon radiator attached), front bumper, inner front panel, air filter box, light switch, power steering pump, 'volvo', 'S60' and 'bi-fuel' badges from the back (they are, in fact, separate characters) and once car taken away, I will get back the alloy wheels and locking nuts.

As for economy, not bad, giving 22-25 mpg on gas, so if I could get it cheap enough, it was the equivalent of running the diesel version.

Only two drawbacks were the size of the LPG tank (presumably smaller as factory fit) so only had a range of 200 miles on a tank of LPG and the availability of LPG around Devon and Cornwall. It is awful, especially on my commute (Callington to Bodmin). There are no garages en route that stock autogas. Morrisons do not do it around here. My nearest three stocking garages are all ten miles away, all in the wrong directions.

As someone who used to work for Calor Gas, I have always been a champion of LPG and never afraid of it. However, with the poor infrastructure in place, especially at this end of the country, it will never catch on in any meaningful way around here. What could be the fuel of the future will just fade away.

Rant over!

Last edited by garyovey; Nov 5th, 2014 at 23:05.
Old Nov 8th, 2014, 12:17   #7
garyovey

Default S60 update

Car has now gone to the breakers yard. I have retained everything listed on eBay plus alloy wheels (with pretty good tyres), locking wheel nuts and key, front bumper, slam panel, inner panel with the twin horns, air filter box, windscreen washer water reservoir, some other plastics, multi light switch, door cards, maybe other bits as well.

Tags
lpg, s60, spares