Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General > 200 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

244 DL only 55,000 miles for sale

Views : 1135

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 14th, 2010, 19:52   #1

Default 244 DL only 55,000 miles for sale

You probably wont find any others with mileage like this!

My old 244 DL. This used to be my trusty daily drive until about 5 years ago. Since then she has been standing. Was started a few months ago but is on a SORN so being sold as spares or repair.

Many of the panels are still absolutely fine. Doors open and shut with that solid volvo thud. Original stickers still inside the boot! Far too good a car to scrap so hope that someone who knows that these go on forever will look to save her. Alternatively for someone looking to restore one of these then this would make a great donor vehicle with all original parts.

She needs to go as I need some agricultural bits and pieces for my tractor. Buyer to collect swiftly please - you'll need a trailer or dolly as no tax / mot.

Sold as seen to the highest bidder
244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14th, 2010, 22:40   #2
clarries40

Quote:
Originally Posted by 244 View Post
You probably wont find any others with mileage like this!

My old 244 DL. This used to be my trusty daily drive until about 5 years ago. Since then she has been standing. Was started a few months ago but is on a SORN so being sold as spares or repair.

Many of the panels are still absolutely fine. Doors open and shut with that solid volvo thud. Original stickers still inside the boot! Far too good a car to scrap so hope that someone who knows that these go on forever will look to save her. Alternatively for someone looking to restore one of these then this would make a great donor vehicle with all original parts.

She needs to go as I need some agricultural bits and pieces for my tractor. Buyer to collect swiftly please - you'll need a trailer or dolly as no tax / mot.

Sold as seen to the highest bidder
Hi there interior colour?
clarries40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2010, 02:19   #3
learngolf

Default Old 244 for sale

Hi,

can you advise the year and the colour please, also what price range you have in mind.

Photos if available to learngolf2 at hushmail.com (Replace at with @ thanks)

What rust is on the body, do the brakes work, what is the condition of the interior and a phone number to contact you at.

regards,

Learngolf.
learngolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2010, 20:26   #4

Hi - the car is yellow (faded in the sun but inside the bootlid looks like new. Interior is cloth and has also faded - was black now lighter grey.

Car is on ebay as item 190380703745
244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2010, 01:55   #5
learngolf

Default 244 now on E-Bay?

Hi again,

after checking on E-bay as described you still have not put the year of registration and are only showing one photo of the car?

You seemed better able to describe the Frontera you sold more than adequately recently.

Could you advise the year or registration suffix and what areas need attention on the car,

What rust is on the body, do the brakes work, what is the condition of the interior and a

phone number to contact you at so that a better opinion can be formed, thanks.
Old Mar 18th, 2010, 11:00   #6
Triple-S
How Old?

Steady on, learngolf - we all know they only produced the square-headlamp 244s for a short period between the round-lamp ones (mine is 1976) and the large lamp ones (from about 1980).

Besides, its the condition that is the most important fact. If it has no rust round the rear arches/sill ends/wing bottoms etc, and if the brakes haven't seized, then its a rare peach.
Triple-S is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Triple-S For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 18th, 2010, 19:15   #7
learngolf

Default 244 DL for sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvo Paul View Post
Steady on, learngolf - we all know they only produced the square-headlamp 244s for a short period between the round-lamp ones (mine is 1976) and the large lamp ones (from about 1980).

Besides, its the condition that is the most important fact. If it has no rust round the rear arches/sill ends/wing bottoms etc, and if the brakes haven't seized, then its a rare peach.

A big "Thank You" to Volvo Paul for the explanation, I did not know about the light changes during those years and so was unable to date the car.

There is a large difference between a 1979 registered car and a 1980 one here in Ireland, so that was important to me, and as the post only said that "Many of the panels are still absolutely fine." and there were no pictures or statements to clarify the condition I feel that a better description should be forthcoming.

My apologies to 244 if I appeared brusque, but I am still no wiser re the rust condition and E-Bay is still ticking!
Old Mar 19th, 2010, 11:09   #8
Brian Walsh

Default 244 for sale

Have a look at donedeal.ie. I am considering selling my 1979 244DL. I am based in Dublin, the car has had only 2 owners before me and is very good condition -but needs a bit of welding around rear wheel wells and wing bottoms at fromt. Price looks high, but I have spent about 1k on the car -but will be lower for forum members.

Brian
Brian Walsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2010, 14:23   #9
OldBlueVolvo
VOC Member

ebay link.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=190380703745

And also here (thanks to johnjp)
http://motoring.friday-ad.co.uk/AdRe...lAdDetails.asp

Last edited by OldBlueVolvo; Mar 19th, 2010 at 14:26.
OldBlueVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote