Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Anti Skid Temporarily Disabled/off

Views : 60798

Replies : 27

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 13th, 2012, 21:13   #21
Carrizos

Default anti skid service warning

Just popped in with the antiskid service warning as well, it first happened about two months ago. The handbook said it can be a temporary fault - if it goes away ignore it, it went away so I ignored it. I guess that might relate to the cleaning bits and bobs mentioned in earlier posts.

It is now back on today about 1500 miles after the first time. I do fairly regularly drive away with the parking brake on for a few meters - even after 10k ish miles I can't get used to the daft little hand lever thingy although have now developed an instinctive foot pedal reaction when I park.

We are about to move to Cornwall and I will be doing about 500 miles over the next few days, no time to get a service place to look at it - I am hoping it will be safe to ignore again and do an inspection / clean when I have facilities in Cornwall.
Carrizos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2014, 09:04   #22
Fooddestroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
if the battery supply to the ABS/DSTC system is low it may act unusualy so it is disabled temporarily . I sometimes ( not often ) see this message if the ignition has been on a while . Your volvo dealer will do you a free battery check with their sophisticated tester i'm sure ..
Hi.

How do I check these?

Thanks
Fooddestroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2014, 15:04   #23
Danielpsmith
Master Member

I had the anti skid warning message come up a few months ago had it looked at and it was the steering angle sensor my local dealer charged me £300 fitted and it included the software for it aswell
Danielpsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2015, 15:49   #24
Royhim

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDavo View Post
Three times in the last two weeks I have had this error message ' anti skid temporarily off/disabled'. When this occurs it has been at start up and either disappears or is fine if I switch off and restart the car.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks.

John
I got this message on my Volvo s80 after track rod was changed. get your wheel alignment done then drive a few miles it might clear as mine did.
Royhim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2016, 20:00   #25
mbs40rdesign

Default S40 08 1.6d limp mode

My s40 is stuck in limp mode. I've had the anti skid service light on today but go's off after 10 mins. It will not rev more then 3000rpm.

Thanks
mbs40rdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2016, 11:31   #26
strbryan
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbs40rdesign View Post
My s40 is stuck in limp mode. I've had the anti skid service light on today but go's off after 10 mins. It will not rev more then 3000rpm.

Thanks
Very good!!
strbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2019, 16:17   #27
SonnysGirl

Default Anti-skid temporarily off message

I've had this warning come up intermittently over the last 2 years and my XC90 has been in to my Volvo dealership for investigation several times.

Only during it's MOT pre-check this week have they found a permanent code logged for ABS that links to the steering angle sensor and also the anti-skid sensor. I've had to fork out £550 to have a new steering angle sensor fitted.

No ABS or anti-skid warnings so far and the technician who worked on my car said he's had a couple of XC90s with this problem and the new sensor does stop the warning lights.
SonnysGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2019, 00:09   #28
Wolfywolf

Default Naughty angle sensor.

Hi All,
I had problems with the steering rack having some kickback whilst turning corners, I had it repaired but it came back with the anti skid warning as you have all mentioned, apparently the steering wheel has to be locked in to the centre (straight ahead) position before any work is carried out to the rack as there is like a tape device in the steering angle sensor that sits behind your steering wheel, this thing is very delicate and can be snapped even if your steering is a quarter of a turn out from left to right or visa-versa, there is even a notice somewhere under the bonnet to warn you about it, all the hammering on the bottom of the steering column to get the rack off caused mine to fail and this is what's giving me the message, as there was no fault before the repair the mechanic is going half and half with me on another sensor.
Wolfywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wolfywolf For This Useful Post: