Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > V40/XC '12>17 General

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Check light illuminated

Views : 6665

Replies : 33

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 31st, 2016, 20:07   #1
squiddley

Question Check light illuminated

The check light has illuminated on my wife's V40 D2 ,car has covered 12000 miles and its a 2015 model (2 lt engine), came on late friday night, ringing dealer tomorrow.

Just wondering if any one else has had this problem,and is the car still ok to drive?

thanks in advance.
squiddley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2016, 00:04   #2
Rooster
Speed freak

Check the 100+ page thread in xc60 section,

Should tell you more than you need to know
07 CB600 Hornet --- 2 wheel fun
Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2016, 09:46   #3
squiddley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
Check the 100+ page thread in xc60 section,

Should tell you more than you need to know
thank you.
Old Aug 6th, 2016, 15:13   #4
exmpa

Had the Check Light come on my 2016 D2 yesterday; 5 months and 4000 miles. Took it into the dealer this morning and the fault code indicated an O2 sensor. Sensor cleaned and seems OK, shall monitor.

Exmpa
exmpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2016, 16:43   #5
exmpa

Default Engine Management Light Again

The EML came on again today. Same as last time, no other symptoms or unusual circumstances. Booked into dealer next Monday for investigation. During discussion about the possible fault, an O2 sensor malfunction was described as "not uncommon".

exmpa
The Following User Says Thank You to exmpa For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 24th, 2016, 22:24   #6
exmpa

O2 sensor cleaned again and fault subject of technical report to Volvo who are seeking a long term fix for the issue. Will have to go back when they have solved the problem. At least I got the fuel filter changed as apparently there is a recall for this item

exmpa
Old Feb 20th, 2017, 22:07   #7
exmpa

Engine check light on again for the 3rd time in less than 12 months. Booked into the dealer in Friday. They have said that they will change the EGR flap this time.

Exmpa
Old Mar 11th, 2017, 11:03   #8
Oldlaw16

What was the conclusion of this? My car eml came on last week and they changed the fuel filter, under recall, but was told I had to get the egr valve replaced. Another trip to the garage. Seems to be a common design/ mechanical fault going by the amount of correspondence on various websites.
Oldlaw16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2017, 18:10   #9
exmpa

EGR flap was replaced and the O2 sensor. The issue is condensation that causes a buildup of residue. I presume that the new parts are modified to prevent this occurring but the dealership was somewhat reticent on this point! Anyway it is approximately 4 months between occurrences so I shall see what happens in June /July.

Exmpa
The Following User Says Thank You to exmpa For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 13th, 2017, 18:38   #10
squiddley

Started this thread off couple of months ago with the issues to my wife car...

Well I have the same car, had one issue in the last year, clutch slave cylinder.

Anyway car got repaired. Then came its first service at 18000 miles.

Picked car up after service, no problem... Then next day discovered the fan would not work, rang dealer, took car back in, only to be told fan had failed.

They had the car for a couple of days and replaced the fan.

Since the service which was 5 weeks ago I have been back to the dealer on a number of occasions with regards to the emission fault light coming on which they have eventually changed today was the EGR valve, I went to pick up the car and was told there is problem with the air conditioning, when the car was serviced 4 weeks ago the AC was fine showing a temp of 5 degrees at max cold, today the temperature is now 13.5 degrees max cold, they now want the car back yet again to diagnose it to which I have to pay for the gassing I have told them in no uncertain terms F*** O **, they have had enough money out of me as I have bought TWO brand new cars from them in the last 12 months

I have told them that I no longer want the car because of these on going issues, since coming home I have rang the dealer and spoken to the salesman who sold me the cars to be told by him that he has been told by his manager to not get involved any more......... any advise would be most welcome on this matter