Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC90 D5, literally the worst car ever owned. Broken Again

Views : 11841

Replies : 77

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 27th, 2019, 12:34   #31
Duri13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack21 View Post
Jmot, I'd like to jump in here. About two months ago I sent off an email to Volvo customer relations (Europe) because I was so ****ed off at the useless Nav system and a couple other things (having severe problems with the brakes/rotors rubbing, I think it's related to the electronic "handbrake", and other issues).

Essentially I sent my complaint off into the ether not expecting a reply or anything. To my surprise about a week later, I not only received an email back but also a phone call (never left my cell phone number with them, so don't know how they did that) from the head of Volvo Europe. They also contacted my dealership here in Spain which in turn called me and told me to come in. Mind you, I was NOT complaining to Volvo about my dealer, just about my expectations of a 55k € car. Amazing.
And was it worth it? To go to your dealer I mean. Did they solve your issues or they just offered you a coffee and pretended to be kind and listening to your problems. I assume you already went there few times before with those problems...
past: XC60 D4 FWD AT (MY 2015)
Duri13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2019, 14:07   #32
Jack21
2017 XC90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duri13 View Post
And was it worth it? To go to your dealer I mean. Did they solve your issues or they just offered you a coffee and pretended to be kind and listening to your problems. I assume you already went there few times before with those problems...
Was it worth it? Well, only in that someone higher up in the Volvo ranks heard my complaint and at least responded. This isn't a dealer issue, it's a basic design flaw/bad programming issue. This can't be fixed by the dealer unless of course Volvo Europe decides to do the proper programming and send it on down for the dealerships to update all of us.

My dealer called me wanting me to come in because I guess Volvo Europe contacted them. A nice gesture, but wtf for? Unless they (my dealer) have a whole new set of reprogramming available (they don't) what's the point?
Jack21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2019, 15:33   #33
Duri13

That's what I thought
past: XC60 D4 FWD AT (MY 2015)
Duri13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2019, 10:35   #34
jmot

Apparently, its the fuel injector no1 seal that's the issue but they have a new injector there if needed.

Seems to be a lot of "seal" issues with this car...
jmot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2019, 18:37   #35
jmot

i've had to chase this week for every update. Been quite annoying.

So apparently, according to volvo, given the vehicles "history" they have told the dealer to replace the "O rings" on each injector...

I'm not sure we'll have the car back till next week TBH.

Lex/VCL also dragging their heels it seems. Apparently, they have not been in touch with the dealer to request all the vehicle paperwork/service records.

Time for some snotty emails.

Went to kick the tyres on new A6 Avant today... lovely but meh... I've huge car apathy at the moment...
Old Feb 4th, 2019, 18:28   #36
jmot

Still no car back...

Receptionist dropped the service manager right in it today when Mrs called... She said Lex had called up several times last week and messages had been passed on...but clearly nobody from the service team at dealer has been playing ball...

Despite being assured by the service manager that nobody from Lex had been in touch.

Sigh.

Bit of a shower of sh1t all this. Again they are tripping themselves up with porky pies...

Was told on Friday someone would take the vehicle for an extended test drive, 30 miles or so for it to get properly hot, manager said they'd replace the Diesel etc. Fine I said.

He just told the Mrs they've done all their checks and are happy.

Car has not moved since Saturday when VOC app tracked it from one side of carpark to the other.

Not the first time they've tripped themselves up telling me one thing then another member of staff saying another.

Want rid of this car as quickly as possible.
Old Feb 4th, 2019, 22:45   #37
soupytwister
Master Member

All sounds rubbish. Have they put you in a XC90 loan car or in something else? At very least, you'd like to think Volvo UK could put you in another XC90. I know what seems "logical" to us doesn't seem to translate between dealers and corporate though. Even more annoying when you get told white lies because they're waiting on something, but just don't want to update you.

Not that it helps one jot (or jmot!), our 2017 17-reg XC90 D5 R-Design has been faultless. Not one single mechanical issue. Spotify has been the one thing that has been poor - so if that's all I've had, I'll count my chickens....

It's up for end of lease soon - maybe Lex can swap you into ours!
soupytwister is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to soupytwister For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 6th, 2019, 14:37   #38
jmot

We were in a disco sport then a managers xc90 in London

Up here been in various dealer xc60's, a Thrifty mitsubishi L200 Barbarian and 2 Thrifty xc60's

Reason Lex been crap is person has gone off sick so now passed to someone else who we have to re-start the dialog with.

Opening a sweepstake for the next breakdown date, miles till breakdown and breakdown issue if anyone's interested haha
Old Feb 7th, 2019, 08:56   #39
jmot

Got it back.

Engine bay still stinks like a petrol station as quite a lot of diesel must have leaked out but hopefully, that should subside in the next few days... either that or there is still a leak

It's quieter, smoother, faster & MPG up to 36.4 which I have never had on the school run before.

I'm reminded how generally nice a car the xc90 is but unfortunately, the thought at the back of my mind now is: when will it break again?

Is it fixed? Who knows. We thought it was fixed each of the other times it came back.

Aiming to get a written confirmation of termination from Lex by the weekend.
Old Feb 7th, 2019, 09:03   #40
jmot

oh, one of the nicest things about having the xc90 back is being able to see at night.

The difference between the xc60 headlights and xc90 ones are sorry use this... night and day