Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Post Your Car's Modifications

Views : 229362

Replies : 149

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 25th, 2009, 16:12   #101
IC
S60R/V70R

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy chu1 View Post
I would like to post my Old V70 Classic T5 CD 1997 Black. I will not forget it, I hope the next owner is looking after it. LEft me at 186k on the origional turbo.

Body

R Front Bumper
R AWD rear bumper twin exit
Scan Tech Black Projector Headlamps with matching indicators
LED - Side lights, rear indicators, tail lights, foglamps bulbs.
Diamond mess style front grill to match the lower R bumper grill inserts.
Perfos powder coated in Anthracite Grey
Tritons 2 peice BBS rims, the centres in high silver and the rims finished in polished aluminium.
Privacy Glass, from from to back going from 32%, 22% and finally 12%.
Rear tailgate was replaced in accident and badges were left off. Give the Mystery.

Interior

Parrot Bluetooth Kit
Kenwood Tape, with 10 disc changer
Kenwood KMD D400 MD changer 3 in 1 connected to a switch box and toggle switch on the dash, auxilary for plugging in an external device such as laptop, ipod.
Vibe 2 15inch subs and VP4 amp, which was sold on separate to the car.
VDO boost guage with a custom A Pillar mount colour coded to the interior.
Additional foglight switch utilised for switching the amp on and off, it uses the blank space for additional accessories.

Engine and Suspension

Front Shocks - Monroe Reflex
Volvo OEM Strut Brace
Poly Top Engine Mount... give a nice grunt indeed, its a manual so vibration is not an issue
Poly bushes fited to lower Control Arms - made it nice and tight.
Goodridge Brake Hoses
ITG Panel Filter Good but only for a short period cause it shrank
K and N cone - you can watch the feul pour out, not a good option
Paper element - best selection
KU Dump Valve - fitted for a couple of months, not that good, great sound though.
Tighten turbo bolts every service as they came loose from time to time
Samco Turbo and Coolant Hoses
Custom twin exit oval tailpipes by A44 in worcester - well done Dave

Current Volvo S60 R 2005

Body

Standard but if anyone can carry out a fist class a matching exit for the right hand side of my bumper for my duel exit exhaust then please let me know.
Pirelli origionally fitted, tire wall quite weak, the replace with GDS3 Eagles, now replaced with Eagle Assym.
All Fluids changed last year

Interior

Standard Gobi, with mounted JL amp on/off switch, bass controller and JL CleanSweep Control, Connected to JL Amp and 13.5inch sub in the boot.
2007 edition gear knob with the gearshift diagram on it.

Engine

Standard

Future List

IPD HD End links
IPD Anit Sway Bar Kit
IPD HD TCV
Poly Top mount
Poly Lower transmission mounts - both large and small bushes
Poly control arm bushes front and back
GOODRIDGE braided hoses for later 2005 model
PFV Strut Brace finished in powder coated Black
Poly small bush for engine torsion bar
Pipercross Air Filter (to remain in the origional houing)
Looking into custom Quad Exhaust system, no one has the bals to do it in worcester though

Thats it for now.

Roy
Hi Roy, long time no see! I remember your car at the Power Engineering rolling road session and at the Crooked Billet many moons ago! How's your S60R?

Iain

VOC Speed Challenge Champion 2007/08/Joint Winner 2009
Motor Sport Challenge Winner 2008/Joint Winner 2009

<font size=2><font color=RoyalBlue>
</font></font>

IC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2009, 17:54   #102
roy chu1

Hi Iain, I hope you are keeping well and the motor is as tip top as ever, I know you like to look after her as we all do.

The S60 R is going great, its been just over a year of owning it now, and so far no niggles what so ever, apart from the usual maintainence with fluid changes.

It really makes me appreciate how good the V70 was to maintain, none of this angle gear or bevel business, but its what I always wanted so a bomus indeed.

I hope to put my mods on in a couple of months, I shall post up my thoughts.

I hope everyone on the forum is keeping well also.

Regards

Roy
roy chu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2009, 21:45   #103
t4 tony
Master Member

ok, here go's for my 1999 s40 t4 (phase 1.5 if you like)

17" alloy wheels
lowered at the front by 50mm, 35mm at the rear
front upper evo strut brace
rear upper evo strut brace
bsr cone filter
brs style cold air shield
forge dump valve
custom 2 3/4" intercooler pipe work
bsr cat back exhaust
oil temp sensor and gauge
boost/vac gauge
voltage gauge
black bezel head lights
painted front grill(satin black)
200 watt amp and sub in the boot speakers to match all round

looking to go for a 3" down pipe and 100 cel cat,mte remap b4 crimbo fingers crossed.lol. anyway there you go,the mission to 300 bph + continues.
t4 tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2009, 02:56   #104
Pretty240

Default That took a long time to read!

Volvo 264 (anyone else??)

I've only just started and I'm after keeping or improving the mpg so...

Basic rebuild and balance

Emerald ECU (am I the only one not using megasquirt?) replacing fuel and ignition.

Custom inlet tract from twin plenums back. No point mentioning new injectors/seperate ig. coil etc. Coils salvaged from a VW polo I think.

Mpg has jumped from a best of 18(ish) to 32.4 and although the peak bhp has only jumped from 115 to 125 (book 155, ha ha ha) the delivery is much better and the curve much less peaky. I regard this as amazing

I need a direction now to improve the power (the aim is close to 200) whilst keeping or improving the mpg. As the 760 even fire PRV is rated at 180bhp(again hahaha) I wondered if that might be better.

Any ideas would be welcomed but before you say it the 3 litre multi valve renault apps are regarded as being v unreliable. If you know different then great.

My suspension improvements arn't catered for as I'm intersed in comfort. I've already spent £3500+ on a £600 car and I'd like to find active suspension as an aftermarket
Pretty240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2009, 20:08   #105
daftv6

Default 1999 s40 T4

Only had her 4 a couple of month, so only got these

HKS EVC 5 boost controller
K+N 57i Cone Filter

Next is an exhaust.
daftv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2009, 15:00   #106
roy chu1

Update, the following has been done.

IPD Anti Roll Bar Kit fitted (track Spec) and the IPD endlinks, feels nice and tight but still has a nice ride.

Strut brace fitted, fits quite well, not sure if it works because I fitted it the same time as the ARB kit and the Links.

Poly bush fitted to the lower transmission mount, Polyed the Top engine mount, gear change feels a little better, not harsher and no vibrations to complain about, although the grunt from the engine is reverberated into the cabin, but it sounds good.

So far no luck with finding anyone to tackle a second exit on my back bumper, I know they have done this in the states, but I think it might be a pipe dream. As for the exhaust if I sort out a good look for the back, then Hayward and Scott should be able to do the trick.

Thats it for now.
roy chu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2010, 22:38   #107
barkster1971
VOC Member

Default 1997 945 2.3 Celebration. 153K silver.

I have had the car for 4 years and mainly used it for carting my fishing gear in. Then I started getting strange noises. New clutch sorted out the squeak. Then I got an annoying rattle which was the wastegate rattling due to the actuator being fused and immobile. So,
Reconditioned and reclocked 15g turbo from USA
Boost gauge (running at 10PSI)
Cylinder head replaced so now has a D cam.
Chrome front bumper trim from 960
Bonnet emblem
965 tailgate debadged needs repainting
965 grey leather drivers seat base to get heated seat working.
Debadged eggcrate grill with chrome surround.
Volvo viking car and Swedish chef in cake car dash tat.
Carpet on back seat to be sown together and black 5 spoke alloys to go on eventually plus other mods soon.
Carl.
barkster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2010, 09:43   #108
LeBon

Default 2006 C70 (mk2) T5 SE LUX

H&R lowering springs

Custom Stainless Exhaust 2 1/2inch bore with dual 4 inch tailpipes

K&N Filter

Alloy Pedals

R badges front grill & rear

DICE ipod link
LeBon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2010, 03:20   #109
RAYC
TWR S40 PROTOTYPE

Default Twr s40

rebored to 2.1 using cosworth bda pistons, 16t turbo, twr inlet manifold,twr alloy intercooler,twr alloy radiator,zytec engine management,dump valve, twr front mounted oil cooler,goodridge hoses/fitting throughout engine bay, quaife gearbox, koni suspension with twr modified mounting locations,polybushed throughout,ap 330mm floating discs and bells with ap racing four pot calipers,goodridge braided hoses, straight through decatted 3" exhaust,twr prototype front/rear bumpers sideskirts and rear spoiler,twr badged grill, twr/arrows stamped leather recaro interior, 18x8 dtm wheels with different offset front/rear,phase 2 headlights fitted with hids and its been driven by jeremy clarkson :-)
RAYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2010, 07:08   #110
gmain1967
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAYC View Post
rebored to 2.1 using cosworth bda pistons, 16t turbo, twr inlet manifold,twr alloy intercooler,twr alloy radiator,zytec engine management,dump valve, twr front mounted oil cooler,goodridge hoses/fitting throughout engine bay, quaife gearbox, koni suspension with twr modified mounting locations,polybushed throughout,ap 330mm floating discs and bells with ap racing four pot calipers,goodridge braided hoses, straight through decatted 3" exhaust,twr prototype front/rear bumpers sideskirts and rear spoiler,twr badged grill, twr/arrows stamped leather recaro interior, 18x8 dtm wheels with different offset front/rear,phase 2 headlights fitted with hids and its been driven by jeremy clarkson :-)
Wow!!

You got any pics of this beast?! And having seen Jeremy Clarkson driving on Top Gear, not sure whether that would be a plus point or a minus, when it comes to selling!!! LOL
gmain1967 is offline   Reply With Quote