Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Picked up yesterday - D5 R Design

Views : 1199

Replies : 12

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 31st, 2017, 09:31   #1
XCRoman90

Default Picked up yesterday - D5 R Design

Hi everyone - I took delivery of my new XC90 D5 R Design yesterday and wanted to show a few pics to help others with colour / spec choices. Will provide a more detailed thoughts in due course (coming from a 2013 Q7) but I am currently loving it!

btw I have no idea how to upload images just attachments!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg xc901.jpg (229.0 KB, 149 views)
File Type: jpg xc902.jpg (266.2 KB, 150 views)
File Type: jpg xc903.jpg (229.5 KB, 131 views)
XCRoman90 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to XCRoman90 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 31st, 2017, 09:36   #2
NandM

Congrats!
NandM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2017, 11:15   #3
neon
Premier Member

Congrats & hope you enjoy.
Old Mar 31st, 2017, 11:59   #4
XCRoman90

Here are some thoughts from the first couple of days and 200 miles:

1. I don't have air suspension and have the 20" wheels with ContiSport5 tyres - I find road noise perfectly acceptable and on a par which my previous Q7 which was running 21" wheels. Ride is comfortable for me but on the firm side.

2. Power/acceleration - really pleased - as good if not better than my previous 3.0 v6 TDI - I think the power pulse helps. I had an average mpg of 42 driving back up to London which I was very pleased with on a new car.

3. Tech is great - Adaptive cruise makes this the easiest car I have ever had to drive on longer runs - I was a bit dubious at first but soon learned to trust it. Active Bending / Shadow lights are amazing and really worth it.

4. Standard sound system is just as good as my Q7 which had a Bose upgrade, perhaps a little less base but still very good. I was worried I would miss this but pleased to report not at all. connecting via apple car play cable produces much better sound than Bluetooth.

5. I have the standard R design seat with nubuck - seats are amazingly comfortable once adjusted properly but I am a little dubious over the wear especially on the side bolsters and also how the nubuck will hold up, i'll probably put some protective treatment on them. Only issue I had post delivery was the passenger seat tilt would not work as if there was something stuck in the mechanism - of course by the time I tried it again this morning it is working.

6. Still trying to work out what the Volvo app actually does

7. My kids love the fact I can control aspects of the car from my iWatch!

8. I'm trying to work out how to show average mpg in the dash as opposed to only showing current mpg plus fuel distance.

9. Pan roof on the R Design makes it much lighter otherwise it would be very gloomy in the cabin.

10. Really like the Osmium grey on the R Design - nicely offsets the black elements and makes them stand out. Will be much easier to clean than my previous two cars which were black!

11. I'm still toying with the idea of adding the led running bars / side steps to ease getting in/out.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to XCRoman90 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 31st, 2017, 12:05   #5
TheDufster

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCRoman90 View Post

I use it for remote start in the cold and it's also come in handy on the odd occasion when I've forgotten to lock it!

Quote:
10. Really like the Osmium grey on the R Design - nicely offsets the black elements and makes them stand out. Will be much easier to clean than my previous two cars which were black!
Looks very nice indeed. I am just toying with colour choices and I like the look of the Osmium Grey! And it's actually a fantastic comparison for me, because my current XC90 is silver and that's what is parked next to yours in the picture

XC40 1.5 T3 R-Design
TheDufster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2017, 12:17   #6
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Here are some thoughts from the first couple of days and 200 miles:

1. I don't have air suspension and have the 20" wheels with ContiSport5 tyres - I find road noise perfectly acceptable and on a par which my previous Q7 which was running 21" wheels. Ride is comfortable for me but on the firm side.

2. Power/acceleration - really pleased - as good if not better than my previous 3.0 v6 TDI - I think the power pulse helps. I had an average mpg of 42 driving back up to London which I was very pleased with on a new car.

3. Tech is great - Adaptive cruise makes this the easiest car I have ever had to drive on longer runs - I was a bit dubious at first but soon learned to trust it. Active Bending / Shadow lights are amazing and really worth it.

4. Standard sound system is just as good as my Q7 which had a Bose upgrade, perhaps a little less base but still very good. I was worried I would miss this but pleased to report not at all. connecting via apple car play cable produces much better sound than Bluetooth.

5. I have the standard R design seat with nubuck - seats are amazingly comfortable once adjusted properly but I am a little dubious over the wear especially on the side bolsters and also how the nubuck will hold up, i'll probably put some protective treatment on them. Only issue I had post delivery was the passenger seat tilt would not work as if there was something stuck in the mechanism - of course by the time I tried it again this morning it is working.

7. My kids love the fact I can control aspects of the car from my iWatch!

8. I'm trying to work out how to show average mpg in the dash as opposed to only showing current mpg plus fuel distance.

9. Pan roof on the R Design makes it much lighter otherwise it would be very gloomy in the cabin.

11. I'm still toying with the idea of adding the led running bars / side steps to ease getting in/out.
You can have your average milage displayed on the sensus screen, swipe right and sellect driver performance, it will park at the botton of the four tiles on home page.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nu11eaf For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 31st, 2017, 12:18   #7
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Congrats on the car.

Iirc, there are two mpg figures available in the pop-up menu corresponding to the manual and auto trip meters. The manual trip meter runs until you reset it manually (obviously) and the auto trip is for the current journey or set of journeys undertaken within the last 4 hours.

There is also the Driver Performance app on the main Sensus screen which gives mpg figures over different time periods.
Old Mar 31st, 2017, 12:22   #8
XCRoman90

many thanks - this forum is brilliant!
Old Mar 31st, 2017, 13:29   #9
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDufster View Post
Looks very nice indeed. I am just toying with colour choices and I like the look of the Osmium Grey! And it's actually a fantastic comparison for me, because my current XC90 is silver and that's what is parked next to yours in the picture
I'm not sure it is silver parked next to it, I think that is luminous sand.

:wq
The Following User Says Thank You to familymangreg For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 31st, 2017, 13:38   #10
TheDufster

Quote:
Originally Posted by familymangreg View Post
I'm not sure it is silver parked next to it, I think that is luminous sand.

:wq
Yes, upon further inspection you are correct. Anyhow, I'm sold on Osmium Grey now after having seen one at the dealers.

XC40 1.5 T3 R-Design
TheDufster is offline   Reply With Quote