Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General > PV, 120, 1800 Wants
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo P1800 Wanted

Views : 1193

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 24th, 2013, 07:34   #1
dcadan

Default Volvo P1800 Wanted

I'm looking to buy a Volvo P1800 for my friend's 40th birthday. I would have to ship it to California by October 1st at the latest. Any help in tracking a nice car, in good working order would be most appreciated. Thanks.
dcadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 08:24   #2
Andy the Aussie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadan View Post
I'm looking to buy a Volvo P1800 for my friend's 40th birthday. I would have to ship it to California by October 1st at the latest. Any help in tracking a nice car, in good working order would be most appreciated. Thanks.
Hi,

Shipping time to LA from uk/Europe is approx 25 days so your pushing it if you need cleared and out of long beach by oct 1....

But not impossible

Here is a very good looking car that I've been watching in Germany

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Volvo-P1800-S...50852279440%26

It's halfway in between hamburg and Rotterdam/Amsterdam so it would give you good shipping options

Plus it's left hand drive..... Most uk cars will be right and not ideal for the states

Andy
Andy the Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 08:39   #3
Burdekin
Chief Bodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadan View Post
If not already done so there's a few US forums to post the question on which might be better. UK cars rust, especially P1800's so don't touch one unless you can do a full inspection, so you're best off getting a nice clean west coast car from the US if you can. Turbobricks is one US forum I can think of.
Burdekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 08:41   #4
Andy the Aussie

The car is no connection to me by the way.....

If you need any advice around shipping stuff feel free to pm me, I have shipped cars a fair bit in my time...

Here is a translation of the description;

Sell collector's item due to relocation to Hamburg and space problems!

Reserve price lowered!

Volvo P1800 S Coupe for sale.

Was for many years in a lovers hand of a 79ig-year-old.

After the death, the vehicle was barely moved by the widow and has been covered in the garage about 3 years...

It is a special vehicle and a real eye-catcher!

I would classify the vehicle as a "Daily Driver" and make TÜV do rest of piece by piece.

The Volvo needs some work (finally 46 years old), that's why I'm offering vehicle it as hobbyists. The vehicle has tracks, some scratches, some rust spots that are relevant but not TÜV age! The left sill has a bump. Exhaust has a small hole, but not noisy. Vehicle should go without much effort by the TÜV. Hazard warning system is already installed. Ballheads and brake hoses on the front axle are made by the Vorbesitzerin. Water and fuel hoses have I already renewed, carburetor ultrasonic cleaned and sealed new. Are still not set running but not so bad. Test drive over 150 km already completed. Drive the vehicle at 5 day flag - also on track. The vehicle is completely reliable.

The vehicle can be transferred easily on its own axis.

4 Cylinder engine (96 DIN PS/108 SAE HP) with manual gearbox with overdrive.

Motor runs and transmission / Overdrive ok.

Car passed with Dutch export papers.

Day of registration: 30.06.1967

Read mileage approx. 20,000 tkm (because he is still off and on driving it could be also over 20 tkm)

Engine / transmission:

Four cylinder engine (probably Exchange) with HIF6 carburetor, manual transmission with overdrive.

Display tools:

Speedometer km/h, oil, petrol, content, water temp, battery, clock.

Facilities:

Overdrive, original radio.

The Interior is in good condition.

Tires are in very good condition

Private sale without warranty and without redemption!

Please visit the car before bidding!
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 08:57   #5
Andy the Aussie

Canada is much closer/faster/cheaper

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Volvo...#ht_500wt_1064

That is - as Mitch said, you can't find a decent US car

Andy
Old Aug 26th, 2013, 13:16   #6
ANDREWNT

Saw this one doesn't come up under basic ebaty search California car now in Ohio I think

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ebaymotors/196...t_11177wt_1413
ANDREWNT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ANDREWNT For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 26th, 2013, 13:28   #7
123GT-AMAZON
1800necwinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDREWNT View Post
Saw this one doesn't come up under basic ebaty search California car now in Ohio I think

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ebaymotors/196...t_11177wt_1413
that looks like a nice car lots of photos and a good write up with that much attention to detail im very sure on close inspection the cars a geniune listed example and i would say defo worth a look and a punt dont miss out on a good car take the plundge if your wanting one and at least look ! you will kick yourself if you dont

I grew up on classic volvos hence my passion for them born and breed into the lifestyle !
123GT-AMAZON is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sales wants, volvo p1800, wanted