Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Air Quality Sensor

Views : 10421

Replies : 53

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 8th, 2017, 08:34   #51
rogereld

Start from page 1 and read the earlier comments in this post. Especially 8 and 12. Others have discovered that the cheap AQS from ebay will only work on pre facelift cars (up to 2004). If you car is 2005 the comments in this forum suggest the item you have purchased will not work.
rogereld is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rogereld For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 26th, 2019, 17:48   #52
Beton2005
Beton2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakechester View Post
done mine not so long ago,its located under the bottom of windscreen you have to remove the plastic panel on the outside where the windscreen wipers are.I did mine without taking the wiper arms off as they were very tight and I didnt want to break anything,you remove the round trim plugs on the panel to gain access be careful not to force them,the aqs is clipped into the air intake,remove the wired connector first then off it pops,also remember to take the old gasket off the aqs you are taking out and put it on the new one ( I forgot) be worth you while to clean the area while your there as mine was full of debris
Hi, I have the same problem on my car. I find a few products and honestly I'm very confused right now. Can you please, if you remember, tell me the part code that you put on your Volvo and what brand it was. I have a V70 from 2005. Many thanks.
Beton2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2022, 20:15   #53
Mac2

Default Going down a AQS rabbit hole?

I have a 2007 V70 and although the engine is getting to temp and the hoses going into and out of the heater matrix are getting hot I am only getting warming air through the vents. The ECC seems to be working properly (if I change where the air should blow it changes where it blows from. If increase the temperature to max the fan speeds up). I’m trying to be methodical in addressing the lacklustre heater performance. I have Vida. It generates a CCM0040 code suggesting the Air Quality Sensor is faulty. But would this affect heater performance? I noted cheshired5 comment “The AQS sensor is only there to automatically close the fresh air intake and has no bearing on anything else”. So does it have no effect on how hot the air blown into the car is? What does? I’m going to change the cabin air filter ( as don’t think it’s ever been changed) and then going to try “flushing the heater matrix” and gently blowing any dust from the ecc thermistor to see if that has an effect. Are there any tests I can/should do with Vida? I see there is an option to calibrate the CCM but it suggests you only do that after changing the AQS. Should I try that without changing the sensor? I’ve checked with Volvo Swansea and they have to.d me my AQS sensor is part no 31369324 costing £195.50+Vat. I can’t afford that. The Herth&Buss part number is 70604009 but I can’t find any of these for sale at all. If anyone has either and it will help me get hot air in the cabin when engine is hot then please let me know. If there is something more obvious I should do to fix this I would be most grateful for advice. Thanks
Mac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2022, 22:30   #54
Darlo 1
Lunatic.

Do the calibration anyway, the AQS has no bearing on cabin heat, mine is duff to and my heater gets roasting hot(sorry)
S60 D5 2004.
I vape therefore I am.
Darlo 1 is offline   Reply With Quote