Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V60 geartronic jerky

Views : 730

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 14th, 2020, 12:16   #1
Spacejam

Default V60 geartronic jerky

I have a volvo v60 MY2015 with a D4 engine and geartronic gearbox (TG-81c). Unfotunately the gearbox is not as wat it should be. At least I read everywhere they are reliable and smooth shifting. However, mine is not, at least not always. The downshift can be quite rough, especialiy the lower gears. Also the the upshifting it nog alway very smoots, it feels like it is holding back during shifts up.

What I also notice with a cold engine that is revs high, I already learned it is normal behaviour with cold wheater to warm up the oil, but it does it also till 15 degrees outside, is that also normal?

What I already did:
- Oil flush
- software update
- change maf sensor (had some weird stuf with an old car and auto gearbox, was coused by the maf sensor).

Unfortunately no luck to resolve it. Does someone know what this could be and what the next steps are?

Sorry for the bad english btw, I'm not a native english person
Spacejam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Spacejam For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 14th, 2020, 18:08   #2
Spacejam

Hello, an update about this, I tried some extra steps:

Resetting adaptation
changed the fluid for original volvo fluid and set the oil level properly.

But unfortunately still no luck, does anyone has experience with stuf like "Lucus 10009" or other equivelents?

I am suspecting the solenoids but I barely see any (read none) issues with this gearbox, the mileage is also not that high (81k miles), does anyone have any tips before going to an expensive gearbox revision? Can the solenoids be replaced without removing the complete gearbox?
Old Jul 14th, 2020, 20:26   #3
rxtian

Sorry to hear about your issues

On the high revs at startup: I believe the slip is maintained until the fluid temperature is 25C, so it will do it at an ambient of 15.

I would really not try anything other than the exact Volvo fluid (except maybe Toyota as I believe they use the same gearbox so would have the same fluid) - I think that can only introduce more unknowns and make things worse.

Are there any fault codes for the gearbox? You probably need a proper VIDA equipped garage to check.
rxtian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2020, 22:32   #4
The Thong
VOC Member

Give these people a shout, they might be able to advise.

https://www.hortoncars.co.uk/

TT
Old Jul 16th, 2020, 09:29   #5
Tannaton
Bungling Amateur

As has been said the "warm up" characteristics are quite normal, even in summer temperatures.

Unfortunately I think you've done everything already that might help - it's likely your gearbox will need repair or replacement.
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500
1976 Massey Ferguson 135
Tannaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2020, 10:22   #6
Spacejam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannaton View Post
As has been said the "warm up" characteristics are quite normal, even in summer temperatures.

Unfortunately I think you've done everything already that might help - it's likely your gearbox will need repair or replacement.
I resetted the adaptation (not re-learn) and it improved quite a bit, first 200 miles where really smooth after the reset adaptation, it changed a bit after but still better then before the reset adaptation.

I also saw this product: https://lucasoil.com/products/proble...ansmission-fix, I read many good reviews about it. Is it save to give it a go with this gearbox? so I could mix it with the fluid en set the right fluid level with the product in it.