Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Are XC60 owners happy?

Views : 135461

Replies : 495

Users Viewing This Thread :  

View Poll Results: Are you happy with your XC60?
Overall happy, no significant issues 441 64.66%
Overall happy, but minor issues 188 27.57%
Unhappy, significant issues 35 5.13%
Very unhappy, never again 18 2.64%
Voters: 682. You may not vote on this poll

Old Apr 14th, 2010, 15:51   #21
jimhamilton

My SE Lux Geartronic has self-levelling suspension. I live in the country with poor roads. On these roads, at speeds below 40 mph, the car rolls, wobbles bounces badly and suffers severe steering tracking. It is my 10th Volvo. I have been happy with 9 and the ninth was a fantastic car (2003 XC70).
The dealer has been looking at the car for the six months I have owned it and has done ove half of its 3000 miles. It is there now, awaiting my request for a full refund.
Make sure you test your car on your local roads before you part with your cash.
jimhamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jimhamilton For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 14th, 2010, 20:28   #22
HairyMonster

Talking

I've driven it for 7 months now and it's the best car I've ever owned ...well pleased with it

It has load compensating rear suspension (for towing etc) and has never caused any problems handling wise.

Last edited by HairyMonster; Apr 14th, 2010 at 20:31.
HairyMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HairyMonster For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 15th, 2010, 02:25   #23
carlott

Hi,

Had my MY10 2.4D FWD Geartronic for a month now with just under 400 miles.

Plus points would be handling, ride comfort, gearbox, High Perf audio with DAB and overall external design.

On the negatives, the 2.4D feels noisier and rougher than I remember from 3 previous test drives with D5s and 2.4Ds. Fuel consumption has been sitting at 26.5mpg (urban) Noticed VED band was 1 higher than advertised in brouchour and web when I picked the car up. Centre and door armrests at different height.

Otherwise great all round car.

C
carlott is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to carlott For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 15th, 2010, 09:47   #24
Foringo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhamilton View Post
My SE Lux Geartronic has self-levelling suspension. I live in the country with poor roads. On these roads, at speeds below 40 mph, the car rolls, wobbles bounces badly and suffers severe steering tracking. It is my 10th Volvo. I have been happy with 9 and the ninth was a fantastic car (2003 XC70).
The dealer has been looking at the car for the six months I have owned it and has done ove half of its 3000 miles. It is there now, awaiting my request for a full refund.
Make sure you test your car on your local roads before you part with your cash.
In the past I owned a '07 Citroen C5 estate with hydropneumatic self levelling suspension which was fantastic (didn't need separate levelling on xenon headlights!), but also a C4 Grand Picasso which had self levelling suspension on rear only (with on board air compressor) which gave a poor ride choppy and I assume that this is similar system to the XC60 option....so that's why I avoided it this time round.
Foringo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Foringo For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 15th, 2010, 10:59   #25
adambsmith

22,000 miles up on my 2009 XC60 D5.

All good apart from:

Headlamp washer pump had to be replaced as it was corroded and ceased working - sorted under warranty with only one vist to the dealer.

Buzzy noise on start up from engine particularly after a damp/wet night. Goes after about 20 seconds from engine start up. Annoyingly this only started after the first service at 18,000 miles. Sounds like a belt catching or slipping on something - weird. Can't be bothered going to the dealer as it will need an overnight stay in the wet to demonstrate the issue.

I even think the SatNav is fine despite comments to the negative on here.

Slight annoyance is the behaviour of the locks on the doors - can never fathom when they are supposed to all unlock when getting out but hey ho.

Last edited by adambsmith; Apr 15th, 2010 at 11:02.
adambsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to adambsmith For This Useful Post:
Old May 12th, 2010, 19:32   #26
asparks

Love my car (xc60 3.0T6 geartronic) but have a couple of niggles....

1. Some rattling from rear left in load compartment - am not sure if related to the load compartment cover but have however ensured that the cover is properly fixed at all times. Will refer the matter to the dealership when I take my car in for the recall.
2. Battle to find overhead console light switch at night. It is not intuitively located!
3. Am disappointed in the Hi-performance sound system in this car. Had the same system in my previous S40 T5 and it sounded so much better. Recognise tho that this car is bigger! (Did try to order the Dynaudio but no cars available with this spec in SA at the time and I wasn't prepared to risk a retro-fit in this country!)
4. Is it just me but I feel that suspension a bit rough on bumpy stretches of road - and in these conditions it reminds me somewhat of my old 2004 S40 T5 and its (rather uncomfortable) sports suspension! On a good open road the XC60's ride is supreme however day to day driving is not an open freeway! (In my view my 2000 model S40T offered the best ride of them all in allround SA conditions)
asparks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2010, 02:58   #27
dj898

apart from several recalls the only issue would be the noise from driver side folding mirror. Mentioned to the dealer on first two recalls and they said there's nothing wrong and it should sort itself out and the noise would be gone. Well it didn't and at one before previous recall one of tech finally dismantle that folding mirror and found the washer has unstuck somehow and causing that noise. Replaced and the noise is gone. Also the CD button in the centre console started to get stuck when it's pressed. After mentioning to the dealer they pull out and put back the centre console cover with better clearance.

Other than these two and numerous recalls we have no problem.
at least Volvo AU sent us the gift card for studio photo session plus some credit to use... And every time I brought the car for the recall service they lend me the free loan car - had pleasure(?) to test drive S80 Turbo, S30 T5, Toyota Camry Hybrid and V50 among some of free loan cars...
dj898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2010, 11:35   #28
155mph
1st time Volvo Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlott View Post
Noticed VED band was 1 higher than advertised in brouchour and web when I picked the car up.
When did you take delivery? Did you challenge this?
155mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2010, 16:00   #29
carlott

Hi,

I took delivery on March 22nd and first we knew was the higher than expected cost for the road tax and that evening looking through the vehicle handbook an addendum on a piece of paper slipped in.
On another thread it was mentioned this changed from build week 9 but why this happened and which build week my vehicle is has not been confirmed.

After initially ordering in mid December, the order costs went up by VAT increase (ok, we knew about this) list price increases from Jan 6th and then the VED band. There is a definate disconnect and lack of info from Volvo UK and the dealers.

:-(
carlott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2010, 01:18   #30
dodgyblue

Quite happy other than the known rising oil issue. Its a great car to drive. Now if only I can reduce the amount of brake dust.
dodgyblue is offline   Reply With Quote