Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

C30 2.0d headlights error

Views : 2194

Replies : 24

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 3rd, 2017, 11:13   #11
LizardOfBodom
WowIcanwriteAnythingHere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansC30 View Post
Quick update on the headlights issue. I found somewhere on the forum that it could help to open up the ballast and clean it with pure alcohol. So I did this and what do you know, the xenon lamp did not turn on anymore at all.. Switch the bulb to the other side and it didn't turn on either. So I ordered the ballast (FYI https://www.lichtex.de/xenon-steuerg...ting/a-329098/) after driving home I noticed het bulb turned on normally.. So I'm gonna give it another week and if no problems occur, send the unit back..
eeee, you mean you opened up the actual BALLAST unit and cleaned the PCB
with isopropyl??? that sound....dodgy atleast....
is that really the recommendation for ballast fixing?
Old Aug 3rd, 2017, 13:29   #12
hansC30

Yep, found it on following forum http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...nt-out-options
Headlights are working for moment, didn't get the error in the last 50km while normally it would pop up almost immediately :-)
hansC30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3rd, 2017, 18:05   #13
hansC30

Smile

I have some more news about the dpf issue... Maybe I should put this in different thread as to keep the issues a bit separated? Moderator? :-)
Old Aug 4th, 2017, 09:36   #14
LizardOfBodom

Quote:
Yep, found it on following forum http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...nt-out-options
Headlights are working for moment, didn't get the error in the last 50km while normally it would pop up almost immediately :-)
Huh... you learn something new every day
have been using isop for years of fixing PCs and laptops but never thouht of soaking whole PCB in it
Old Aug 8th, 2017, 18:46   #15
hansC30

Worked gone about a week, then gave me the same error, so changed it with the new device, an of course now another error pops up, seems like something is wrong with the communication to the device. cem-DD13, something about missing signal. Seems like I can't calibrate the lamp now..
Old Aug 9th, 2017, 09:50   #16
LizardOfBodom

Long shot, but you may want to check the actual CEM connectors and see if all are clipped tight. It wouldnt hurt to unclip them and spray with contact spray aswell, but if you decide to do so - its recommended to disconnect the battery first.
Maybe all those CEM errors are due to small corroded pin on one of the clips?
Old Aug 9th, 2017, 09:57   #17
hansC30

I have tried that allready without result... :-(
Old Aug 9th, 2017, 10:33   #18
hansC30

Although now I come to think of it, I only cleaned the connector to the headlights and the that connects the GDL module. Where is CEM situated in the car?
Old Aug 9th, 2017, 16:58   #19
LizardOfBodom

Quote:
Although now I come to think of it, I only cleaned the connector to the headlights and the that connects the GDL module. Where is CEM situated in the car?
Passenger's footwell, just beneath the glove compartment.
Old Aug 9th, 2017, 19:10   #20
hansC30

This did not do the trick either... Still same error.. Thanks for all your replies though! I contacted the store where I bought it and they said it might need the Mercedes software.. No idea what he means by this though..