Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

CFE-Plus

Views : 2821

Replies : 20

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 2nd, 2018, 22:25   #1
cookieones

Default CFE-Plus

Hi all, has anyone any experience of successfully fiting the above canbus extender from Volvotech to a 2015 my V60. Struggling with it at the moment and any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,Allan.
cookieones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2018, 01:46   #2
Thommykent

Volvo-Tech responds quickly with questions e-mailed to them and are very helpful. Their stuff works good but I find the written instructions poor, which is probably to be expected from computer geeks who have issues with written and spoken language.
Thommykent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2018, 14:42   #3
cookieones

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thommykent View Post
Volvo-Tech responds quickly with questions e-mailed to them and are very helpful. Their stuff works good but I find the written instructions poor, which is probably to be expected from computer geeks who have issues with written and spoken language.
Instructions I didn’t get any!
Ordered a CFE-Plus with front and rear cameras on there recommendation, when I informed them that there was no pdf file available for my car they informed me that written instructions would be provided in the box.
The box arrived with all the cables etc and no instructions, not a clue where to start as the head unit needs to come out to connect the cameras.

Downloaded the latest firmware for the CEF after having to download new drivers for windows 10 then the firmware would not download in my browser, so ended up using Firefox and managed to get the latest Beta firmware for my car only to be informed in the settings after entering my VIN number that my model year is not supported!
So much for plug & play................... now off to a quiet room to beat myself up
Old Sep 3rd, 2018, 18:36   #4
DT19
Master Member

I got a CFE plus a while back and like you I want to add the cameras.
Also like you, mine doesn't work either.

I've had an original CFE in my older S60 for a couple of years and it's brilliant so I'm sure this one will be as well when they sort out the bugs.

Which firmware are you using? I was getting the same error as you with some older firmware but that's sorted now. At the moment mine is working but not connecting with my car fully, it doesn't register and none of the functions work but it did download an error code. Last time I spoke to Volvotech (last week) they told me they are aware that some models aren't working and they have all their boffins working on it as a matter of urgency.

So, you're not alone and I'm confident they will sort it out.
DT19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2018, 18:38   #5
DT19
Master Member

I should add that my car is a 2013 S60 T5 Auto, is yours similar?
DT19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2018, 18:58   #6
Thommykent

I have written them more than once that their instructions are dismal. Instructions are on the website, have fun finding them though. V60 is not supported as indicated on their website BTW. If you click on CFE-plus from the site, then click quick reference guide, you will see what`s supported. Computer nerds, what can I say.

Last edited by Thommykent; Sep 3rd, 2018 at 19:06.
Old Sep 3rd, 2018, 22:09   #7
cookieones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thommykent View Post
I have written them more than once that their instructions are dismal. Instructions are on the website, have fun finding them though. V60 is not supported as indicated on their website BTW. If you click on CFE-plus from the site, then click quick reference guide, you will see what`s supported. Computer nerds, what can I say.
If you look under the Beta version the V60 is listed.
Old Sep 3rd, 2018, 23:00   #8
cookieones

Quote:
Originally Posted by DT19 View Post
I should add that my car is a 2013 S60 T5 Auto, is yours similar?
Mine is a 2015 V60 with Sonus.
I originally contacted Volvotech as I was interested in the reverse camera set (VT-01888) but they informed me that the CFE-Plus was a better option. I informed them that my car was not listed on there website and they told me to look under the Beta version and it was listed there, so on there recommendation I opted for the CFE-Plus................ then the nightmare began!

It came complete with two cameras that I had ordered with it, one for the back and one for the front but no instructions as advised there would be as they have yet to produce a pdf file for my model year. So I have a box full of cables and not a clue as to what they connect to, I know how to remove the trim and head unit etc as I have previously fitted reverse cameras to both my V70 & XC90.

App downloaded from there website but once plugged in it could not find the CFE, after much head scratching it turned out that I needed to download new drivers for windows 10. Success the CFE appeared in the box. Next step go to settings and put in the vin number for my car, it then pops up a message telling me that model year 2016 is not supported, strange, mines 2015. So next step check for new firmware found the latest version on there website so just a simple job to download and update. All I got was pages of script apparently my web browser does not support this download, so three browsers latter and I manage to download the latest version of firmware (v2.144) so back to settings re enter vin number and hey presto.......... model year 2016 not supported!

Last message today from Volvotech, we are checking.
So far I have spent over two days on my PC trying to configure what should be a plug and play, I know the camera install is going to be time consuming with trim removal etc but I envisaged that two days tops should have seen the job completed, I’m yet to remove a single piece of trim.

My patience is now getting very thin and feel that this product should not be on the market with so many issues and should certainly not have been recommended for my application.
Old Sep 4th, 2018, 00:24   #9
Thommykent

It sounds strangely reminiscent of my dealings with them. They are helpful and will get it sorted for you ( I hope ) I had driver issues also with Windows. They sometimes can`t understand why you don`t understand.....lol
Old Sep 4th, 2018, 16:05   #10
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookieones View Post
Hi all, has anyone any experience of successfully fiting the above canbus extender from Volvotech to a 2015 my V60. Struggling with it at the moment and any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,Allan.
Check out this video.

https://youtu.be/wmskUS3uzm8
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote