Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 Ordered - Thanks to Forum for Help

Views : 1347

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 12th, 2009, 13:36   #1
ak888

Default XC60 Ordered - Thanks to Forum for Help

Thanks to the forum for all the information and help. I have finally ordered an XC60 from a dealer recommended by another forum member - Nice but Dim.

Dealer sales exec also turned out to be a very helpful and provided a very competitive quote - better than any of the dealers close to me. Overall discount including Volvo UK contribution was over 16% - beats a drivethedeal quote as well! Theres still the 1000 finance contribution to take into account. Also qualify for the 3 years servicing as well.

Finally settled on an XC60 D5 SE Lux Premium in Savile Grey (still time to change the color) with black and lemon interior. Options I chose were Geartronic, BLIS,rear tinted windows, front and rear park sensors, rear camera, rear armrest, high performance sound system, bluetooth, famliy pack, panoramic glass sunroof and PCC. NCO was the spare wheel and changed the alloys to the Mantus alloys. Added dealer fit options of running boards and front and rear mudflaps. Now just waiting till October for delivery.

Again thanks to the forum for providing a wealth of information in helping choose the options and securing a good deal.
ak888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2009, 14:16   #2
Nice But Dim

Hi Alex

Well done - glad everything worked out well for you..... your spec looks fantastic. Glad I could help - and thanks for the gift - much appreciated.

Still delighted with my XC60 - a lowly 2wd 175 bhp Drive - but suits us very well indeed.

By the way Saville Grey is the new Silver !

N b D

Previously
XC60 MY2010 2.4D Drive SE, Saville Grey, leather, sunroof, front & rear sensors, family pack
Nice But Dim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2009, 14:34   #3
NewVolvo
VOC Member

Congrats on your new car.

I am ever so pleased with my D5 SE Lux Premium and some of these options are well worth it.
1987 780 Bertone
Lots of previous Volvo's
NewVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2009, 13:59   #4
tangey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak888 View Post
Dealer sales exec also turned out to be a very helpful and provided a very competitive quote - better than any of the dealers close to me. Overall discount including Volvo UK contribution was over 16% - beats a drivethedeal quote as well! Theres still the 1000 finance contribution to take into account. Also qualify for the 3 years servicing as well.

Am I reading that right, you got 16% discount BEFORE the £1000 finance contribution ?

Did you have a Px, if so how did you definitively work out how much was discount and how much they were really giving you for your Px ?
tangey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2009, 14:46   #5
ak888

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangey View Post
Am I reading that right, you got 16% discount BEFORE the £1000 finance contribution ?

Did you have a Px, if so how did you definitively work out how much was discount and how much they were really giving you for your Px ?
I do have a PX - I went to a few dealers and when discussing the quote, each one actually volunteered to give me the raw PX value of my car and negotiate a discount seperately. You can also try this tactic and also suggest that this is prefereable as you may not PX or you may sell privately (obviously via this route you don't get the 2K volvo uk contribution). You can also take your PX to other make dealers to get a better average price of your PX worth.
ak888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2009, 11:17   #6
tangey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak888 View Post
I do have a PX - I went to a few dealers and when discussing the quote, each one actually volunteered to give me the raw PX value of my car and negotiate a discount seperately. You can also try this tactic and also suggest that this is prefereable as you may not PX or you may sell privately (obviously via this route you don't get the 2K volvo uk contribution). You can also take your PX to other make dealers to get a better average price of your PX worth.

Cheers, great advise there.
tangey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2009, 19:51   #7
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

I have been trolling the forums for a couple of weeks now watching the advice and asking some questions then finally ordered my new xc60 today

I tried 4 dealers (all local ish) and was amazed at the diffrence in the best offer from each ond also the valuation on my '04 v70 D5 SE Lux - 15% variation in the quotes, with 2 wanting to sell the car on their own forecourt.

The variation in best offer was just as large, before taking the PX into account with the main difference being a 'misunderstanding' of VAT.

The all started by applying the discount AFTER VAT, effectively reducing any discount or support by 15%, 3 refused to do discounts before VAT (the correct way) and were 2 were discounted quickly.

I ended up with

SE Lux Premium
Geartronic
Park Assist
Bluetooth
High Quality Sound
Centre Rear Armrest
Metalic Paint

The best offer was a saving of 38% from list (inlcuding PX) or 15% (without PX).

Thanks to ak888 and Nice-but-dim for their dealer, who almost made it but Ian Hunt from Squire Furneaux in Pirbright pipped them at the post by throwing in Supagard and home collection for car service.

I can recommend them for a very friendly and helpful service

Just need to wait until October now for the car
wimorrison is offline   Reply With Quote