Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Researching for an XC60 Purchase

Views : 2635

Replies : 17

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 11th, 2009, 00:21   #1
sug77

Smile Researching for an XC60 Purchase

Hi folks

I just found this board in my search for info regarding an XC60 purchase I am planning to do. Got my test drive on the saturday for the 2.4D Geartronic and the Drive version on the Sunday ,so let's see how that goes.

Now I have a car to scrap (it is a T-reg and so qualifies) and a car to part-ex.
1st Question) Will a dealer Part-ex and do a scrappage at the same time.

Now the spec I considering is the 2.4D SE Geartronic or Drive (not yet decided - need the Test drive 1st) with the following options
Winter Pack
Communcuations Pack (for BT and GPS)
Dark Tinted Widows
Power Tailgate
Rear Park Assist
High Performance radio System (for the IPOD connector)

Now going through this forum it seems to suggest that the following options would be helpful too.
Front Parking Sensors
Blind spot information system
2nd Question) I would like other members thoughts on this. Is there anything that would be useful?

I have noticed on here that delaers are giving an extra 15% off if you scrappage.
3rd Question) So does that mean £1000 off + 15% off pre-VAT price? Is this still happening as I do not see any details on the volvo website? Also is there any other offers that I should now about regarding the XC60?

Thanks for your help
Sug
sug77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2009, 06:48   #2
Pitvar

Hello Sug, as I've just ordered an XC90 I can't help with much but I do know there an extra £2300 allowance on top of part ex price and 21% discount on an SE Geartronic XC60 through Drive the Deal's website - the XC90 deals were even better and I couldn't quite believe it was all going to work until I got the call from the Volvo dealer to say they'd ordered the car!

I go through cars pretty quickly and have used DtD prices before to negotiate dealers down but this is the first time I've gone through them and the whole process was excellent. Just to be clear I have no connection with them other than being a very happy customer!
Pitvar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2009, 07:30   #3
NewVolvo
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sug77 View Post
Hi folks

I just found this board in my search for info regarding an XC60 purchase I am planning to do. Got my test drive on the saturday for the 2.4D Geartronic and the Drive version on the Sunday ,so let's see how that goes.

Now I have a car to scrap (it is a T-reg and so qualifies) and a car to part-ex.
1st Question) Will a dealer Part-ex and do a scrappage at the same time.

Now the spec I considering is the 2.4D SE Geartronic or Drive (not yet decided - need the Test drive 1st) with the following options
Winter Pack
Communcuations Pack (for BT and GPS)
Dark Tinted Widows
Power Tailgate
Rear Park Assist
High Performance radio System (for the IPOD connector)

Now going through this forum it seems to suggest that the following options would be helpful too.
Front Parking Sensors
Blind spot information system
2nd Question) I would like other members thoughts on this. Is there anything that would be useful?

I have noticed on here that delaers are giving an extra 15% off if you scrappage.
3rd Question) So does that mean £1000 off + 15% off pre-VAT price? Is this still happening as I do not see any details on the volvo website? Also is there any other offers that I should now about regarding the XC60?

Thanks for your help
Sug
The Drive models replaced the 2.4D. Now 175bhp instead of 163bhp and Volvo also dropped the AWD system on this.

I have driven the 2.4D model in Sweden (rental car) and I must say, it was very brisk. Not far of from the "old" D5 engine. I would imagine that the new Drive model is even better as it weights less with no 4x4 drivetrain.

As for options, go for the "Premium" package, that way you get the leather and the Sat Nav for less money.

BLIS is the best option I have ever taken.
Front & Rear Parking sensors are great as the front is quite large.
Upgraded stereo is fantastic, I have the Dynaudio which is purity of sound in itself.
We also went for Power Tailgate as wife found the boot door really heavy. Works great.
Dark Tinted Windows, an option we also took and yes, it does help greatly with reducing heat in the cabin.

What colour of the car are you thinking of?
1987 780 Bertone
Lots of previous Volvo's
NewVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2009, 08:26   #4
dodgyken
Master Member

Although not the XC60 - my V70 is fairly new - and came with:

Front and rear sensors - god send - especially with the long rounded nose.
Performance Audi - not the top of the range one - the middle one - excellent quality
BT and Satnav - get it - works well IMHO - only had a problem with it when it was -15c outside!!

The stuff that is on mine which I am not too bothered about (ex-demonstrator) are the IR glass (reduces heat apparently), front windows with hydrophobic coating (kind of cool when you wash the car) - storage pack (rear armrest and boot dividers).

Volvo leather is excellent - so go with that.
dodgyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2009, 09:29   #5
ChrisE
Volvo Owner Since 1990

Quote:
Hi folks

The scrappage deal is that you get 15% off the "recommended retail price" AND 15% off all the factory fit options - this of course automatically gives 15% off the VAT. That is the Volvo part of the deal. The government is also giving £1000 per car so you get that in addition to the 15%.

An example:
2.4D Drive RRP £24520
Metallic Paint £600

Total £25120
Less 15% £3768

Net Price £21352

less Government Money (£1000)
Plus On the Road Charges £725

Total Price you Pay £21077

I found it virtually impossible to improve on this "available at all dealers" price although I did negotiate a small dealer supplied extra free.

There is nothing extra if your scrap car is actually worth anything.

The offer runs until the end of September or, if sooner, until the government money runs out. Delivery is, I think, approx 8 weeks.

Check the www.DrivetheDeal.com website for non scrappage deals. You might be surprised!

Chris

Last edited by ChrisE; Sep 11th, 2009 at 09:38.
ChrisE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2009, 11:59   #6
roblang
Colchester Main Volvo Dea

Let me have your email address and i will happily quote you.
roblang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2009, 18:10   #7
sug77

Hi folks thanks for help

Pritvar I would go for the SE Premium but my partner doesn't like leather. She says says she doesn't likej the smell. But we got a leather that doesn't small I say but she is not budging - women! To be honest with you I think we had a bad experience in a Saab hire car we had where the leather stunk. So I am trying to convince her that Volvo leather is good - we'll see. Regarding the colour I want the orinco blue - nice...

I've looked at drive the deal nice price without the scrappage. In fact it is cheaper than the scrappage deal it self. But I am hopping a dealer would budge. If not I have always got dirve the deal.

Also going done the drive the deal route does mean I have to tie my self to the finance thingy - reading the note on drivethedeal. I don't really want to.

Let's see how the test drive goes tomorrow.

Regards
Sug
sug77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2009, 14:03   #8
Pitvar

Quote:
Hi folks thanks for help

Pritvar I would go for the SE Premium but my partner doesn't like leather. She says says she doesn't likej the smell. But we got a leather that doesn't small I say but she is not budging - women! To be honest with you I think we had a bad experience in a Saab hire car we had where the leather stunk. So I am trying to convince her that Volvo leather is good - we'll see. Regarding the colour I want the orinco blue - nice...

I've looked at drive the deal nice price without the scrappage. In fact it is cheaper than the scrappage deal it self. But I am hopping a dealer would budge. If not I have always got dirve the deal.

Also going done the drive the deal route does mean I have to tie my self to the finance thingy - reading the note on drivethedeal. I don't really want to.

Let's see how the test drive goes tomorrow.

Regards
Sug
Hello Sug, we're not keen on leather seats so took a bit of a gamble on the Active seats [without seeing them!!!]... as for finance you can use whatever finance company you want - I normally get quotes from car-finance.net and a few others but with the APRs being so consistent at the moment the Drive the Deal finance was less than a £1 a month different so I went with them - they get some commission I'm sure but as I've used their prices to get cheaper cars from dealers in the past I thought it was about time they made some money from me! The part ex price we got for a non scrappage car was about the quoted £2300 more than bottom book - which equalled what we'd get for a private sale so I was happy.

Good luck, Peter
Pitvar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2009, 20:24   #9
ColinH

Hi,

Regarding the leather; don't forget that Volvo treat their leather differently. Certainly, the XC60 leather we have, doesn't smell as 'strong' as other leathers we have had.

Colin
ColinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2009, 19:51   #10
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

One more thing to get that is sensible (IMHO) is SupaGard on the paintwork and interior - I have had this on seveal cars and it is a godsend!!

Usual cost is around £299 and well worth it

Iain

BTW agree about the front park assist - I think that should be standard
wimorrison is offline   Reply With Quote