Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 140/164 Series General > 140/164 Series Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1974 145DL Estate breaking (Buckinghamshire)

Views : 11827

Replies : 23

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 9th, 2020, 13:43   #11
adrdyebawtru

Can you tell me the registration no? My Dad had a similar one in green but it didnt have the rear facing seats so probably isnt this one

Thanks
adrdyebawtru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2020, 14:48   #12
ALLOA
Master Member

Default bonnet

Is the bonnet reasonable or rusty?

Thanks
ALLOA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2020, 04:03   #13
natmargetts

PM'ed
natmargetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2021, 20:55   #14
morwenna240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdrive View Post
Whoever goes to remove parts from this car, could you please let know if it has a towbar that they would be willing to remove on my behalf. Thanks.
Ha! not found one yet?
morwenna240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2021, 20:59   #15
morwenna240

I am interested in the engine/ box. Has overdrive? Please text me 07984319748. Cheers, Mark. p.s. Underdrive, that nice maroon 145 recently flagged up has one, vid link to utube. Could ask guy who posted if would sell? Looks dead same as mine.
morwenna240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2021, 11:34   #16
Underdrive

I'm still interested in the towbar offered by Paul Triple-S but lockdown restrictions seem to have put a stop to him being able to get a courier sorted, hopefully will get it one day! His is also a genuine Volvo but of a different design from yours (and the one in the video), it mainly bolts to the bumper mountings with nothing going forward under the tank. Skandix list one (but unavailable atm) that mounts in the same way. I get the feeling the guy in the video will want to keep that 145 as original as possible so will likely keep the towbar on it, he seemed to like all the period gadgets.
Underdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2021, 19:47   #17
LankyTim
Missing the point

I wonder what happened to the poster and his 145?
LankyTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2021, 20:52   #18
LankyTim
Missing the point

oops, duplicate post.
LankyTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2021, 10:19   #19
Triple-S
How Old?

To follow the law ANYBODY not authorised isn't allowed to go on unnecessary journeys, private collection of a bolt-on goodie not being one. My store is 40 miles away and haven't been there this year: fortunately my neighbour there is an essential recovery-truck driver and also lives there, so security is OK.
Therefore guess the 145-owner is like most of us and does what he is told, which going by the number of motorists stopped in a Police roadblock I saw a couple of weeks back (from the bus whilst shopping) is unusual.

P
Triple-S is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Triple-S For This Useful Post:
Old May 13th, 2021, 21:07   #20
The2ndMouse

Hello All,
Due to work and some pandemic or other I wasnt able to visit and get any photos of the 145 as promised months ago. But that does also mean it is still there and hasn't been scrapped yet.

My apologies to those of you who PM'd me, i couldn't reply to you as apparently I'm not allowed to send my own PMs yet as I'm still too new and untrustworthy! If you would like to PM me again with contact details i promise to reply!

To answer a few questions, the engine is probably only any good as an anchor now, the bonnet has rusted away, as has most of the structural bodywork I'm told. It doesnt have an overdrive. All the glass is intact apart from the windscreen and nsr passenger door glass.

I will get some photos up on here in a couple of weeks when i finally manage to get back there.

Thank you for your interest, and patience.

All the best

Tom
The2ndMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The2ndMouse For This Useful Post:

Tags
145, breaking, parts