Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Dump valve,how to fit the right way.

Views : 493

Replies : 0

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 16th, 2010, 17:50   #1
RSF
Master Member

Default Dump valve,how to fit the right way.

Hey people,
Hope you are all well and sorry for not coming on so much (to many people trolling on here).

O.K.
I got me a proper twin piston dump valve,forge blanking plate and a decent ish boost gauge and I would like to put the dump valve on,any guide links would be appreciated or If you have 5 minutes to explain I would appreciate it.
I pretty much know most of what to do but I am putting my MBC back on and this is where I'm stuck with the Dump valve (sorry for asking this again jod).

How many T clamps do I need?
which ways the best way to get to the turbo to put the blanking plate on?

Then all I really need to know is,which pipes get T clamps off the original boost control valve and which pipes go when off the MBC its the T shape MBC pipes come out left/right and down and theres a locking screw/knurled springed adjuster at the top.

I am also going back to the original air box as I recon it would get more cold air delivered to it the the K+N.

Where my dump valve sits on the intercooler pipe has just been blocked so getting the dump valve back on is no problem.
Do I block where the (is it the wast gate the blanking plate goes on?which ever it is,I know which one,just dont know the name) where that pipe finish's at the manifold,do I just plug it?the pipes obviously being removed as the blanking plates going there.

I know I know how to do this as iv removed it before but I've never put a blanking plate on (car already had dump valve on and it was single pison and set up wrong,hence removing it) pluss I just want to make sure I'm doing it right as I dont want the MBC over powered and BANG goes my engine,while I'm on that,where the quickest place to put my boost gauge in rather then remove all my dash?( for the time being so I know I'm under 14psi?) the vaccum tree?

Thanks guys,bit of a rushed post (sorry)If you dont get what I mean please just question what it is you dont get and I will re write it in pakistani lol.
Take it easy and boy was the snow fun

T5 WANTED,CHEAP PROJECT WITH MOT
RSF is offline   Reply With Quote