Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

S60 2.4 NA RPM flactuation ? (o2 sensor suspected)

Views : 490

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 17th, 2018, 20:44   #1
minkov89

Default S60 2.4 NA RPM flactuation ? (o2 sensor suspected)

Hi there. I am driving S60 2003 year 2.4 NA 140hp with manual transition. The Volvo is with the facelifted ETM (not the problematic Magnet Mareli)

I have the following problem: when I driving with more than 30-40km and switch from gear to neutral very often RPMs start fluctuating between 500 and 1100 and sometimes the car dies. Also when coming to a full stop RPMs drop rapidly to 400-500.

First I suspected the brake booster so I have changed it with a brad new genuine ATE - the problem remains, no change.

I have cheeked for vacuum leaks but everything seems to be fine.

MAF is cleaned and cheked with VIDA seems to work fine.
ETM is also cleaned.

So I started to look at the live data. LTFT is 0.92 which means -8% correction. It means the car running rich of fuel but it does not seems true because there is no detonations in the exhaust, the exhaust pipe is clean and there is no black smoke. (All this characteristics of rich mixture are not fulfilled)

So I relay suspect the front heated o2 sensor. It is still working but seems to be lazy and not very correct. I have uploaded 2 videos. On the first you can see how lazy is the first o2 sensor, there is periods of 2-3 seconds without change of the parameters. As I know it should make changes at least ones a second. I think it also misleads the ECU or just is two slow and the ECU create not perfect mixture. It seems this is the reason for the strange fluctuation of the rear o2 sensor.

What do you think, are those two o2 sensors indicate correctly? And is it possible this to be the reason for my problem?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viY4qg-7EFk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDHWVaKq2Dc&t=11s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYdhh-6Wq2o&t=183s
minkov89 is offline   Reply With Quote