Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

No internet/cloud connection

Views : 1116

Replies : 10

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 16th, 2018, 22:32   #1
familymangreg
Premier Member

Default No internet/cloud connection

Hi all,

My car went in for its second service yesterday, and returned this evening. I hopped in to see if i could spot any differences in Sensus following the software update and have spotted nothing obvious, apart from not having an internet connection any more.

I've double checked under the communication options and Sensus is set to use my phones bluetooth connection. I confirmed that my mobile had an internet connection, and also switched the car onto my house WiFi, but in every situation, the car would not pick up 'the cloud'. Spotify, weather app, etc all reported no internet connection. I also noted the the globe icon at the very top left had a diagonal line through it.

Now of course this could be coincidence and there may be problems with the cloud (Volvo servers), which is causing the issues, but I note nobody else has reported issues on here yet, and I'm mighty suspicious having just had a software update.

Was meant to have the car brought back to me yesterday evening, but had a call from the very kind man in the service department who picks up/ drops off the car for us on his way to and from work to say that he couldn't bring it back as the suspension (air) was jacked up to its max and wouldn't drop down! He was going to have the master tech investigate first thing. He returned the car this evening and when I asked what the problem was he told me they'd found a leak in the power pulse hose which needed attention. Clearly as the original issue was claimed to be with the air suspension this made no sense to me! If it was n issue with PP, then this is the third time it has needed attention including the recall!

Anyone else having internet connection issues this evening?

:wq
Old May 16th, 2018, 22:51   #2
Georgeaa

I’m also having internet connectivity issues
Georgeaa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Georgeaa For This Useful Post:
Old May 16th, 2018, 23:06   #3
KNVXC90

Just a coincidence I feel. This evening my car had no internet connection too...a line across the globe icon.
MY17 XC90 D5 PP P* Inscription, MagicBlue, Amber VentilatedMassage Seats, Birch, Homelink, Winter+HUD, Xenium, 7SeatComfort, Air, 20", Laminated&Tinted, AuxHeater, BLIS, AndroidAuto, B&W, RunningBoards
MY21 Kia e-Niro 4+
Prev: MY02 Mazda 6 TS2
KNVXC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KNVXC90 For This Useful Post:
Old May 17th, 2018, 07:13   #4
adambsmith

Same for me too during the evening of 16th May.

Interestingly my iPhone showed that the car was connected to it. I always seem to have this problem after a map update. Annoying.

My wife has the car today and so I will have to see if things have changed later.
adambsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2018, 09:19   #5
Lexman8
Premier Member

Probably unrelated but for the last 2 weeks I've often got a 'no internet connection' message on the main Sensus screen for, say, the weather app. However, if I open up the app it is actually connected.

I haven't updated any s/w recently so no idea why this has started happening unless it's a server-side issue.
Old May 17th, 2018, 09:23   #6
familymangreg
Premier Member

Thanks all, hopefully it isn’t related to the service then. Still no connection this morning.

Old May 17th, 2018, 12:23   #7
KNVXC90

Quote:
Originally Posted by familymangreg View Post
Thanks all, hopefully it isn’t related to the service then. Still no connection this morning.

As of 10:30 this morning, my internet connection is back and the line across the globe is gone.
MY17 XC90 D5 PP P* Inscription, MagicBlue, Amber VentilatedMassage Seats, Birch, Homelink, Winter+HUD, Xenium, 7SeatComfort, Air, 20", Laminated&Tinted, AuxHeater, BLIS, AndroidAuto, B&W, RunningBoards
MY21 Kia e-Niro 4+
Old May 17th, 2018, 12:36   #8
Lexman8
Premier Member

Mine is working even although it says it isn't .
Old May 17th, 2018, 12:42   #9
KNVXC90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexman8 View Post
Mine is working even although it says it isn't .
Mine was definitely down though, when I had a line across the globe icon. The apps didn't work due to lack of internet connectivity.

Anyway, all good now.
MY21 Kia e-Niro 4+
Old May 17th, 2018, 20:43   #10
adambsmith

Mine is back working tonight too.
adambsmith is offline   Reply With Quote