Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Looking for an exhaust for 2004 T5 AWD

Views : 809

Replies : 14

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 7th, 2021, 10:36   #11
Markos01

Quote:
Originally Posted by iainmd View Post
For reference, here's what Jetex/Ferrita/BSR will look like with and without a rear sport bumper. They look mental without which is why I sourced and fitted the sport bodykit to the SE model I had....

Without - Pic1 Pic2
With - Pic1 Pic2

Hope it's helpful. If you have a Sport or an SE Sport model I can heartily recommend the Jetex as it's barely louder than stock but if you have an SE or S trim model I'd be inclined to go custom fabrication if you can't get an OEM one.

My main objection to the stock exhaust was the downward pointing tips making it look like a diesel of that time. I hated them.
Absolute proof that the R Design kit makes it look 100% better than without!
Old Jan 14th, 2021, 14:03   #12
Siward

Thanks all great advice as always.

Indeed I have found a local firm who will make me a new system, and a quiet one, although they say they would have to fit a sports CAT in the downpipe section.

My concern there is MOT /emission failures- I don't suppose there is any bar to them incorporating the original CAT into the new system though?
Siward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2021, 16:37   #13
Markos01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siward View Post

Indeed I have found a local firm who will make me a new system, and a quiet one, although they say they would have to fit a sports CAT in the downpipe section.

My concern there is MOT /emission failures- I don't suppose there is any bar to them incorporating the original CAT into the new system though?
Good news! Out of curiosity is it a full system they are going to make for you? What sort of ££ is that likely to cost? As for emissions I think it should be fine with a sports cat, I'd not be expecting any problems.
Old Jan 14th, 2021, 19:24   #14
andy_d
Premier Member

https://www.mijexhaust.com/contact.php

if your local hasnt sorted you,, Give them a bell
they did the exhaust on my V50 2.4i not long after i got the car
its made On the car while you wait (or was pre - covid bs)

im FUSSY,, no really i am a Fussy f about who works on my car, and i have Zero hesitation recommending MIJ , the Staff are not only friendly, they Listen to what you want, work it out advise if "nope no can do" ,, and are Very good at what they do.
Old Jan 16th, 2021, 08:26   #15
domhart10
Volvo S40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siward View Post

Will still pass with a sports cat. If you have any concerns I would just take your concerns to them, and if they have an MOT station or tester, why not check the emissions once its done for peace of mind

Previous Volvo: 2008 S40 SE Lux R Design 2.0D
domhart10 is offline   Reply With Quote