Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Disconnected Door Lock Rod and Window "One-Touch" Issue

Views : 2105

Replies : 11

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 8th, 2014, 03:03   #1
whitecar2010

Default Disconnected Door Lock Rod and Window "One-Touch" Issue

Was chasing down an electrical problem with my XC60 and removed the driver's side front door panel. Solved the electrical problem but when trying to put it back together again, I somehow disconnected the rod connecting the lock mechanism to the door lock "pin" (the little piece that goes up and down when you lock/unlock the door.

Door locks and unlocks fine, but the pin that rises up and down is not connected and therefore doesn't move. Tried for a 1/2 hour to wiggle the shaft to find it's proper home, but eventually gave up.

Also, assume it's related to my door panel removal, but now the driver's side glass no longer goes up and down with one touch. Other three windows work properly, and the driver's glass does go up and down all the way, just that you have to hold the button.

Any ideas? Feel silly bringing it into the repair shop and paying for an hour of labor just to fix something so trivial. (and embarrassing since it was a self inflected wound!)
whitecar2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th, 2014, 08:06   #2
uniqueue

There is a routine to re set the one touch operation.
Check the manual but I think, with the window closed you pull up the window switch for ?3 seconds to set the limit of travel

Not sure about the inner workings of the door
uniqueue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2014, 22:46   #3
whitecar2010

Thanks. Somehow through normal operation the window reset itself and now works with one-touch.

Someone in another forum said I need to take the door completely apart to fix the lock.... ugggghhh!
whitecar2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2018, 14:39   #4
NeilCadman

I have just done the same thing to the door lock rod! Did you ever get it fixed?
NeilCadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2018, 10:16   #5
frustrated mech

Default door lock rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilCadman View Post
I have just done the same thing to the door lock rod! Did you ever get it fixed?
Did you get this sorted? If so how? I did the same yesterday when replacing the mirror.
frustrated mech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2019, 12:38   #6
Mxmas

Default Xc60 2014 door lock rod

I am having exactly the same issue , has anyone any idea how you get the inner panel off ?
Mxmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2019, 12:45   #7
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxmas View Post
I am having exactly the same issue , has anyone any idea how you get the inner panel off ?
outer handle has to come off and you need to know how to do it , if you mess up it can get you into even deeper trouble ..
Glass has to come out , this is one of those cases where you really need an experienced technician to do it , who has already learned by his mistakes !

you are better off taking the big rubber grommet out and struggling to get the rod back in , but the thing is you do not know exactly which way it faces etc .
Old Jul 29th, 2019, 14:00   #8
dgunthor

it's not that hard, just replaced the whole lock on my vw t5 transporter and it's the same setup

- take door card off as before
- remove gromets that allow access to the window glass clamps
- lower window so these are accessible
- undo the bolts but do not remove
- put window up
- tape the glass to the door frame
- lower window so it's out of the way
- loosen the door lock from the side of the door, pop the small part of the handle off from outside, you can now disconnect the cable
- need to take the inner door panel off now
- undo bolts holding lock to side of door
- can now wiggle lock out and reconnect the door open/closed indicator

look on youtube for vw t5 transporter door lock removal, good video that covers it, will be 98% same on the volvo
Old Jul 29th, 2019, 14:56   #9
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgunthor View Post
it's not that hard, just replaced the whole lock on my vw t5 transporter and it's the same setup

- take door card off as before
- remove gromets that allow access to the window glass clamps
- lower window so these are accessible
- undo the bolts but do not remove
- put window up
- tape the glass to the door frame
- lower window so it's out of the way
- loosen the door lock from the side of the door, pop the small part of the handle off from outside, you can now disconnect the cable
- need to take the inner door panel off now
- undo bolts holding lock to side of door
- can now wiggle lock out and reconnect the door open/closed indicator

look on youtube for vw t5 transporter door lock removal, good video that covers it, will be 98% same on the volvo
it's the handle which will cause the problems , best look at a volvo video rather than a VW one , that 2% makes ALL the difference ...!
Old Jul 29th, 2019, 15:02   #10
Mxmas

Default Xc60 2014 door lock rod

Many thanks, watched a few clips on every other model bar the xc60 and the only difference is getting the window lifter mechanisim off as there does not seem any bolts to undo through the location holes , no matter how many time i lift the window up and down . All you can see is some yellow clips which support the wire on the window. I must be doing somthing wrong .
Mxmas is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mxmas For This Useful Post: