Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General > x40 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Breaking a 2002 Phase 2 V40 sport 2l

Views : 26621

Replies : 339

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 9th, 2011, 00:09   #231
gatos
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadee View Post
thanks gatso the new pics help and yes the two bits i want are the two bottom bits in the last pic sorry i didnt explain myself better 1st time if you can give me a price for the two bits and the dog guard/net and how you want payment thanks ian inc del.
No problem. Is £25 for both the console bits and £10 for the Load Safety Net ok with you? Postage shouldn't be more than £8 with a courier. I will try to find the cheapest option. I just need to find a large enough box to fit them in, so would it be ok to dispatch them on Monday? Paypal is fine by me

Nullius in Verba
gatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 13:29   #232
bigbadee

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatos View Post
No problem. Is £25 for both the console bits and £10 for the Load Safety Net ok with you? Postage shouldn't be more than £8 with a courier. I will try to find the cheapest option. I just need to find a large enough box to fit them in, so would it be ok to dispatch them on Monday? Paypal is fine by me
price is fine if you let me have your email address i will send payement do you want to check on p&p price first
bigbadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 17:51   #233
gatos
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadee View Post
price is fine if you let me have your email address i will send payement do you want to check on p&p price first
Let me find a box first and when I know the dimensions, I can book the courier and know the full price. Will PM you when I know and give you my paypal email

Nullius in Verba
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 19:01   #234
s40rch

Do you still have the grill? I expect it has gone!
s40rch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 19:52   #235
gatos
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by s40rch View Post
Do you still have the grill? I expect it has gone!
That was the first thing that was gone (I took it for my S40 ) and the first 3-4 requests /PMs were for the grille. They are bloody rare they are

Nullius in Verba
Old Sep 11th, 2011, 00:36   #236
gatos
Premier Member

Hi bigbadee. I have just realised that I have already sold the lower fiitings together with the upper ones. If you still want the Load Safety Net let me know. See photos in post 83 here:

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showth...ittings&page=9

I will fish the packing tomorrow and book the courier and give the total amount.

Nullius in Verba
Old Sep 11th, 2011, 19:30   #237
bigbadee

Default pm

hi gatso got your pm and have sent you payment cant pm you at the moment as i havent posted enougth yet have asked to have it lifted but still waiting so i have sent my address to your paypal email address hope thats ok thanks again
bigbadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2011, 22:43   #238
gatos
Premier Member

Received so many thanks. PM on its way

Nullius in Verba
Old Sep 14th, 2011, 14:55   #239
baldmosher
moshmobile driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatos View Post
That was the first thing that was gone (I took it for my S40 ) and the first 3-4 requests /PMs were for the grille. They are bloody rare they are
First thing I did was take the economical decision to get a plain black debadged replacement and just pretend it looks cooler. I think it actually does, in a way, but the lack of chrome is unimpressive.

About £30 delivered from "Rudiemods", although for some reason I can't find any sort of receipt in my Gmail account, I think it was on eBay though.

Proper grilles were coming up at £60+, ridiculous.
baldmosher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2011, 21:46   #240
gatos
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldmosher View Post
First thing I did was take the economical decision to get a plain black debadged replacement and just pretend it looks cooler. I think it actually does, in a way, but the lack of chrome is unimpressive.

About £30 delivered from "Rudiemods", although for some reason I can't find any sort of receipt in my Gmail account, I think it was on eBay though.

Proper grilles were coming up at £60+, ridiculous.
True. And the original Volvo ones pretty much suck. They are made of very brittle plastic that gets weaker the more it is exposed to the UV light and can break on impact with a fly. If mine breaks this time, I am going to get the same as yours, paint the edge chrome and add the badge in the middle. You can remold the area where the badge sits with a soldering iron and fit the badge nicely

Nullius in Verba