Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues Share experiences and problems

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

VVC build a bomb!

Views : 5864

Replies : 50

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Closed Thread

Old Jun 4th, 2013, 18:03   #31
cumbrianmale
Forum Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicswede View Post
Ashamed of the mess they made and want to hide it?? Make your own mind up what that says
Pot Kettle Black.....

Previous Volvos
90 240 GL B230FB Auto
96 940 CD
13 V40 D2 R-design
89 745 GLE
98 V90 3.0 24v
98 945 Celebration Auto
96 965 SE Auto
86 744 GL
81 244 DL
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cumbrianmale For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 4th, 2013, 18:50   #32
DXMachina
I ate all your bees

Quote:
To start answering what was wrong with what they were doing start here

Information already available on this forum

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=102229

And this is what it can cause

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/649534
thus quotes the man who put two LPG tanks in parallel without the legally mandated one-way valves, one of which was under the body, with sub-legal clearance and lacking the mandated legal fittings, shields, braces, felt to prevent galvanic corrosion and hose-end safety devices.
Old Jun 4th, 2013, 20:23   #33
JamesV70R
Forum Support Team

Quote:

The author of this article seems to be a little lacking.

"It could have been worse, say couple after car goes on fire"

Did they put their car ON the fire or is it Herbie and it decided to go on there itself?

James
Old Jun 4th, 2013, 20:32   #34
volvorocks
Rodney

I remain neutral, although just a little pointer and some friendly advice to all those concerned, that it is advisable when matters are 'escalated' that it is best to 'guard ones own position'. Its not best practice to print all over the net 'one thing or another'.

Put it this way, should I have been involved in a matter like this,on either side, I would have been be able to rip any case apart simply as a result of what has been publicly posted. It is always best to remain level headed and view matters without emotion.

Least said, soonest mendest.

Regards
Old Jun 4th, 2013, 20:38   #35
The Hooded Claw
Owner Volvovehiclesclub

Location: Choosing which Volvo to go out in Today !!! lex parsimoniae

Mr "Swede"

OK I have just about had enough of your SNIDE / **** STIRRING Remarks .. I was asked to "Hold Off" before I said anything because of the Legal Matter you had coming to the Fore today .......

The Pictures this "Person" has posted on here are totally out of Context parts were "Placed" within the body/Engine Compartment of the 960 to ASCERTAIN THE CORRECT POSITION OF SAID PARTS & THE "POSSIBLE" LOCATION OF ANY PIPING RUNS & ELECTRICAL WIRING LOOM....... Further, It was the intention of the vehicles owner to have the LPG installation completed by a REGISTERED LPG INSTALLER Who is working under the GAS SAFE REGULATIONS ..... (Which I WILL POINT OUT that ANY INSTALL YOU DO IS NOT INSTALLED UNDER THESE REGULATIONS as YOU ARE NOT LPG REGISTERED .............Are you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Admin / Moderators Please note I am giving this "Gentleman" Fair warning here........

Mr "Swede" you mention ANYTHING appertaining to an LPG conversion listed on the VVC Forum from this point forward & I WILL (& Make NO MISTAKE ABOUT THIS) have our Solicitors serve you with a writ of Slander & / or defamation of Character & Libel ........ If you think you have a "Problem" with one of my Co-Directors then Sunshine, YOU AINT SEEN BUGGER ALL yet................

There was a time when I would have Lost my temper & done silly things

Sadly I have learnt the Error of my ways & now leave it to the Legal team to Strip you NAKED & leave you Without a Bean to your name.

So sir, the choice is Yours & Yours alone....... Any more snide / sarcastic / Demeaning remarks posted about or referring to the VVC on ANY forum WILL RESULT in you being "Served" & a court date being set.

Please Understand, I do NOT EVER make remarks like the above "Lightly" it is NOT an "Empty threat" .. I am NOT a "Keyboard Commando" I am the owner & Admin Officer of a Internet Company that YOU HAVE LIBELLED & SLANDERED on another PUBLIC FORUM ........

ALL your posts & Pictures on here Reference the LPG Installation listed on the Forum known as the "VVC" (Volvo Vehicles Club.Org.UK) have been Copied & passed on to our Solicitors ...................... if I or my fellow admin staff from the VVC see any more posts appertaining to the thread mentioned above I WILL without further consultation instruct our solicitors to commence proceedings against yourself & any person that may be associated with you at that time.

*** VOC ADMIN / MODS ****

May I request that you Lock off this thread please I do not want to have it degenerate into a "Slanging Match" on a public forum .....

I have had my say & the gentleman concerned has been made aware of the possible consequences should he continue on his present course..

Many Thanks Guys

KJ (admin Volvovehiclesclub)
1994 960 CD 3.0 Estate ("The Purple Monster")
VOC 25900 lex parsimoniae
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The Hooded Claw For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 4th, 2013, 20:59   #36
volvorocks
Rodney

Just wondering as this and other threads thereto relating, have been intriguing for many.

In order to resolve the matter what would the aggrieved party expect as a suitable resolution and /or amicable conclusion? What would be agreeable to both sides?

Lets have some figures in pounds ££££ sterling or a practical resolution 'mechanics wise'?

Regards
Old Jun 4th, 2013, 21:32   #37
Darlo 1
Lunatic.

You tell him Keith.
S60 D5 2004.
I vape therefore I am.
Old Jun 4th, 2013, 21:44   #38
outnumbered
Lunatic from Wakefield

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
Mr "Swede"

/snip

KJ (admin Volvovehiclesclub)
i am sure that all the above would have been best as a Pm to the member concerned, but as its public why should the thread be closed.
mike

Last edited by CTCNetwork; Jun 4th, 2013 at 23:21. Reason: Quote removed. If best sent via pm, why quote it?
Old Jun 4th, 2013, 21:59   #39
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by outnumbered View Post
i am sure that all the above would have been best as a Pm to the member concerned, but as its public why should the thread be closed.
mike
Many may not be sure as to why the thread should be closed either, although closure of threads is, as undertood, a mod / admin / owners perogative. Fair play.

What is interesting is that some suggest they will do ''this that and the other'' yet the people that ACTUALLY do ''this that and the other'' actually keep the ''I am going to do this that and the other'' to themselves, because it strengthens their position.

People that suggest that they are going to do ''this that and the other'' generally are full of ''hot air''. What is strange is that many people that claim they have been wronged in a certain way - are actually 'wronging others' in exactly the same way. Its hypocrisy some may say. I have met, in person, many of them and dealt accordingly with many of them during my life time.

A wise man plays his cards close and without emotion.

Regards
The Following User Says Thank You to volvorocks For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 4th, 2013, 22:20   #40
outnumbered
Lunatic from Wakefield

A wise man plays his cards close and without emotion.

crap at cards but when i got married was good at Poker
Closed Thread