Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Disabling MOST Security

Views : 13182

Replies : 19

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 30th, 2012, 20:48   #11
Unreal master tech

That's a good contribution mate to be fair to Volvo the could have told you too get lost! Well done for getting to the bottom of it and exploring all avenues available I think your making the right choice however as the car will be as it should be and you won't be worrying about how long some repair may or may not last. The part will come with a years parts and labour warranty too.
Unreal master tech is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Unreal master tech For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 30th, 2012, 21:27   #12
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuT4 View Post
thanks to everyone for the pointers. i've just had a quote of £1110 fully fitted (of which the ICM is ICM (Part number 30732642) £827.00 + vat.

i've been onto Volvo UK, and considering the car has not been fully serviced at a main dealers for the past 3 years (only cambelt change and 1 x MOT) when i've used an Indy i managed to get them from 20% to £300 contribution towards it).

Although £810 (after "goodwill contribution") is not welcome to my wallet, its a lot better than i was expecting.

Roy, thanks for the tip. just called, and they no longer do replacements. they said they can test £35 and attempt to repair (£???) which will only be known if i give them the exact model/serial number.
That number 30732642 is the WHOLE panel complete with ICM you need just the ICM itself , ( No 6 in the diagram) which is 30752236 and about £200 cheaper ! Get them to sort it properly .
You do have a car phone don't you ...
Old Jan 30th, 2012, 22:41   #13
Beavis
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
That number 30732642 is the WHOLE panel complete with ICM you need just the ICM itself , ( No 6 in the diagram) which is 30752236 and about £200 cheaper ! Get them to sort it properly .
You do have a car phone don't you ...
hi Clan, thanks for this. i wondered if i could just use the display. which i think is part number 30679226 (matrix) or 30679227 (numeric)?

i assume they can rebuild around the new display? and it wont need too much more software if its just the display?

yes, i do have the car phone, does that make any difference to the part number? the module they quoted for included the phone module (looking at vida).

thanks

Stuart
Beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2012, 22:51   #14
Clan
Experienced Member

yes the display is just one part of that complete panel . there is only one software the ICM reload . Let them choose the correct part number ... but you certainly dont need the whole panel at £200+ extra .. yes carphone or not decides if you need matrix or numeric ..
Old Jan 30th, 2012, 22:58   #15
Beavis
Premier Member

thanks again for the guidance. As the codes were ICM-DC01 & ICM-DC02 do you know if this specifically relates the the display, or could it be the phone module?

Just want to know they're not going to try and fool me into the complete unit by saying it could be these add on parts.
cheers
Old Jan 30th, 2012, 23:05   #16
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuT4 View Post
thanks again for the guidance. As the codes were ICM-DC01 & ICM-DC02 do you know if this specifically relates the the display, or could it be the phone module?

Just want to know they're not going to try and fool me into the complete unit by saying it could be these add on parts.
cheers
I think these codes are in the ICM to say that it is having communication problems through the fibre optic cables with the other modules in the audio system , the fault might be in the ICM or in one or the other modules , i guess they have done the tests . i assume the whole system is dead ...
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 08:54   #17
Beavis
Premier Member

Quote:
I think these codes are in the ICM to say that it is having communication problems through the fibre optic cables with the other modules in the audio system , the fault might be in the ICM or in one or the other modules , i guess they have done the tests . i assume the whole system is dead ...
Yes, i think the codes relate to the ICM. the guy who i spoke with at the dealers said they could read any further down the system as the icm wouldn't pass the signal on to diagnose any of the modules further down the line.

i doubt the dealer would want to just change the display at my request, find out its something else in the ICM and then have to replace the whole unit.

i've done a screen print from Vida last night which i'll attempt to upload later.
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 20:18   #18
Beavis
Premier Member

these were the codes, and the affected modules. do you think its worth going for the icm display only, or the whole unit?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fault.jpg (129.1 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg scan.jpg (117.5 KB, 23 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 20120130084130644.pdf (56.2 KB, 18 views)
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 20:51   #19
Clan
Experienced Member

it looks like the ICM is alive and well but not communicating with the moduels in the ring circuit . If you unplug the fibre optic cable and main poer cable , then plug in the main power cable but leave out the Fibre optic plug is the ICM sending out red light pulses at all for a while ? If not its dead , but if it is it could still be dead of course . All you can say for sure is that if it isnt sending out any red light when first powered up it is faulty .

The button units left and right and the main plastic frame frame are all you get for your £200 extra money over the separate ICM , the phone module is elsewhere , behind the climate unit , another £1200 or so !
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 21:34   #20
Beavis
Premier Member

Quote:
it looks like the ICM is alive and well but not communicating with the moduels in the ring circuit . If you unplug the fibre optic cable and main poer cable , then plug in the main power cable but leave out the Fibre optic plug is the ICM sending out red light pulses at all for a while ? If not its dead , but if it is it could still be dead of course . All you can say for sure is that if it isnt sending out any red light when first powered up it is faulty .

The button units left and right and the main plastic frame frame are all you get for your £200 extra money over the separate ICM , the phone module is elsewhere , behind the climate unit , another £1200 or so !
thanks for that, huge help. i'll get out there at the weekend and remove the ICM. i noted that the amp/sat-nav/sub amp all had the red light, but it was solid, but i didn't get time to get the complete icm out. think i'll get them to just get the display if needed then if the extra £200 is just for the buttons and frame.