Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General > PV, 120, 1800 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

For Sale: 1965 Volvo Amazon 122S - Restoration Project

Views : 1414

Replies : 1

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 31st, 2020, 20:20   #1
mikeyjstevens

Default For Sale: 1965 Volvo Amazon 122S - Restoration Project

Hi All,

I’m looking to sell my 1965 Volvo Amazon 122s; it’s a 4 door model, with the B18 twin carb engine and I believe the M41 gearbox (4 speed with overdrive).

I’d bought this back in early 2019 with the intention of restoring it myself, however after stripping it down I discovered that there is a fair bit of fabrication to be done, which unfortunately is a bit beyond me.

Good points are:
a) Engine is solid & runs well, although one of the carbs will need a refurb as it seems to be sticking.
b) Gearbox also seems to be good, but the overdrive toggle is missing (should be attached to the steering column)
c) The sills have been repaired, from memory back in 2011, and are still in perfect condition, as well as the drivers-side front inner wing.
d) All glass is intact, along with the majority of the chrome trim.
e) The interior was re-trimmed a few years ago, and is in perfect condition. All interior parts are included.

Less than good points are:
a) Rust - the bodywork is in fairly poor shape overall, with a fair amount of fabrication required. Main problem areas are; all 4 doors, some floor panels, boot floor & rear valences. There’s a fair amount of rust on the front wings just above the headlights (a well known issue with these cars), and i’ll be including 2 replacement front wings in the sale (these are in good condition, needing a little bit of TLC). The inner wing on the passenger-side will need replacing, but again i’ve already sourced a replacement, which is in NOS condition.
b) The car will ideally need a full-body respray, but you can see that anyway from the pictures.

I’d recommend that this is a fairly in-depth restoration project, so would be best suited to someone who has experience in fabrication. Parts are readily available for these from a few different suppliers in the UK.

I’m hopeful that somebody would like to take this on as a restoration, but otherwise, there are plenty of good parts to this car that could be salvaged.

Please note that the car has been stripped down a bit further since the attached photos were taken, however all removed parts have been kept & stored in a dry environment. Also sorry for the quality of the attached pictures; had trouble with getting the file sizes down to upload them; happy to send more, higher quality photos through via email; just let me know.

Delivery would be necessary as the car isn’t in a drive-able state, and would be down to yourself to organise. I'm in East Hampshire & would welcome any viewings, though preferably on weekday evenings.

I’m hoping for £2500, but am open to offers, please do email or give me a call to discuss on the contact details below:

Email: mikeyjstevens@live.com
Phone: 07576 547213

Thanks all for looking and hope to hear from you soon,
Mikey
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6971.jpg (171.1 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6976.jpg (147.8 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6982.jpg (159.7 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7472.jpg (244.9 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7470.jpg (222.3 KB, 90 views)
mikeyjstevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2020, 09:59   #2
mikeyjstevens

Default Sold

Thanks for the interest all, this has now sold
mikeyjstevens is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
122s, 4 door, amazon, b18, m41