Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Door Lock - Dealer Only?

Views : 512

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 24th, 2020, 14:44   #1
Pointer7

Default Door Lock - Dealer Only?

Hi All,

Over the last couple of months my drivers door on my 14' S60 has been very intermittent with unlocking (Fob and Keyless)

I have tried the usual oiling of the lock in case it was sticking but in the last fortnight or so the door hasn't unlocked once so its pretty much dead and having to hold the unlock button to drop the windows to pull the internal handle is wearing a bit thin now! the little orange light doesn't light up when I press the locking button inside either. Everything else on the door works fine and all other doors lock and unlock ok too.

Is this a dealer only fix due to the lock having to be coded to the car or something?
Pointer7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2020, 19:40   #2
krzemien

Have a read of this thread:

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=273285

I'm guessing it's the same problem. Does it intermittently lock either?

Repair is fiddly to say the least. Helpful movie here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIZmJFqoDKk
Old Feb 25th, 2020, 08:22   #3
Pointer7

It sounds like it locks OK (I can hear it lock about 10 seconds after I've pressed the fob which I assume is the dead lock?)
Old Feb 25th, 2020, 18:27   #4
krzemien

This is dead lock indeed but it's operated by another motor within the same lock assembly (check this video out, it's all explained in there).

If - once you press lock button - door remains open then this is the same problem as discussed in the quoted thread.
Old Feb 27th, 2020, 09:26   #5
Pointer7

Well I don't wish to jinx it but the door is now working again!

On the way home last night, I was locking/unlocking the doors using the internal button on the door and eventually I got it to replicate what happens when I try and unlock from the outside (drivers door locked but the other three unlocked)

I pulled the internal handle so the door unlocked, exactly the same as I would do from the outside when I drop the windows to reach in and unlock it, and it's worked ever since! the drivers door locks with the other three and also seems to unlock ok

let's see how long it lasts!