Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC90 05 with acceleration problems? help wanted

Views : 13821

Replies : 16

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 18th, 2009, 14:52   #11
Genghis
Genghis

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian 93 View Post
Hi just joined the club and noticed your problem,mine's the same but put it down to not having it serviced at the main dealers, all I do is hit the trip information button on the end of the indicator stalk and it removes the time for regular service information notice and you get your revs back hope this helps Adrian 93
Hi Adrian

Firstly welcome to the Forum.

The problem isn't because of where it's serviced I'm afraid.

Indeed as Rockhopper has put in - you best nip your car in to get it checked out. Hopefully a quick system resest and a check of the car's vital systems should be all it takes.

My car is going to Manchester and back at the weekend to visit the out-laws so should hopefully test whether or not the problem was fixed the other day.

Cheers

Jamie

Last edited by Genghis; Aug 18th, 2009 at 14:52. Reason: Spelling!!!!
Genghis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2011, 16:20   #12
guntonsuk

Hi, not sure if anyone managed to cure this problem. I have an '07 XC90 and am suffering complete loss of acceleration. It went in to an Indy who did a full oil change and fixed something to do with the turbo, it ran fine but now the problem is back, along with the "Engine System Service Required" message.

Anyone got any idea?
guntonsuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2011, 22:07   #13
carl2304

Any mor eideas on this as my 04 has the same problem engine service required comes up and car goes into limp mode! it does clear and reset itself eventually or it clears as soon as i turn the ignition of and back on. I have replaced the turbo soleniod and checked all the vacum and boost hoses and replaced all the filters and oils etc. but still does it.
carl2304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2011, 22:52   #14
philhoss

I would try the fuel filter as it seems to be the the cause of most rough running problems. I had a similar thing on my 05MY xc90. No-one seems to change these routinely as the car was always serviced every year, but when I chenged the filter it was still dated 2005. It was black and sticky and you could not even blow through it. A new filter and the car drove like new.
philhoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2011, 17:48   #15
In Reverse

Couldnt agree more. I had similar problem on mine (05 D5 Geartronic) last Apr/May time. Main dealer was useless and suggested replacing all sorts, including high pressure pump/turbo etc.

After advice from others on this forum I took it to a local independent who changed fuel filter (under car at rear beside tank). It was so dirty that they also cleared out fuel lines and emptied tank. The car has run perfect ever since. The whole job cost just slightly more than the main dealer charged to allegedly 'diagnose' the problem.

I know the history of mine from new (friends owned before me) and had full main dealer history, so it would appear they dont change the fuel filter as often as should.

I would defo try this first. Hope you get sorted.
In Reverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2011, 20:06   #16
dmantle

Default Xc90 Acceleration problems

Hello, i'm new to this thread and its interesting reading of similar problems. I have an 05 xc90 and there is a problem with the acceleration. when driving at around 60mph, if i accelerate too hard the car loses power and the rev counter spins out to 6000rpm, it then returns back to normal and the car uncomfortably 'kicks' back into action. Same thing happens if i drive up hill at around the same speed. Its almost like i've thrown it into neutral whilst driving and doesn't feel terribly safe. I'll take it into a dealer this week but wanted to know if anyone has any ideas what it could be.
Thanks in advance,
Dave
dmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2011, 22:44   #17
400-ascona
Premier Member

Sounds like the gearbox. Will be worth checking the oil level and condition in the gearbox first.

Rob.