Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Anybody fitted a Parrot Mki9200 to their XC90?

Views : 22776

Replies : 67

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 21st, 2010, 08:37   #11
XC90 Dave

Matt

The USB connection on MY10's is in the glove box near the light, but apparantly if you go for the multi changer CD player that uses this connection. As far as the 2004 models I'm afraid I can't answer that but your entertainment manual should tell you. If you do have the facility all you have to do is download files of artists or albums onto the stick, plug it into the USB connector, select USB on the source selection menu, select artist or track and enjoy!
XC90 Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2010, 00:07   #12
In Reverse

It would appear vast differences here with 09-10 year models re ipod compatibility. Those of us with 04-06 cars dont get the factory installed usb option/ipod dock, hence the querries re after market kits.

I still cant get it confirmed that the likes of a Parrot 9200 will work through all the speakers on the High Performance Audio using an interface cable like an Autoleads SOT 045 or Connects2 version, or just link to the front. Dennison seems to be the way forward, although limited to leaving it in the XC90 if/when I change it. At least the Parrot system could be used in other vehicles subject to a new interface cable.

I listened to an ipod through the Parrot 9200 on my friends 2010 V50 R Line with upgraded factory stereo and have to say I was very impressed. I'd be keen to hear from anybody who manages to get ipod compatibility in an 2005 XC90 for around the £200 mark.
In Reverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2010, 09:22   #13
Gurj

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Reverse View Post
Dennison seems to be the way forward, although limited to leaving it in the XC90 if/when I change it. At least the Parrot system could be used in other vehicles subject to a new interface cable.
The Dension GW 500 works with many different MOST based cars and hence there is a good re-sale market for it. One of the reasons I went for the Dension was knowing that I could get a large proportion of the money back by re-selling afterwards.
It is expensive, which is why I lived with an FM Transmitter for longer than I should have. I'll be spending more time commuting now (change of job) so this became much more justifiable for me ;-)
Gurj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2010, 09:51   #14
cjboddy
cjboddy

Had my Parrot mki9200 fitted on weds. Most impressed with the spot I got it from, guy fitted it in less than an hour then took me through all the controls. Works a treat and just what I'd been searching for. To get the bluetooth phone and ipod connection plus the usb etc etc for £220 fitted is a bargain to me.

As for the music coming through all the speakers....I can't say for sure, it's definately coming through all the door speakers and not just the fronts and the quality is good.

cheers,

Craig

2006 XC90 D5 Awd SE manual 91k
cjboddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2011, 09:04   #15
ksseu

Hi In Reverse,

Did you manage to get the details for installing the MKi9200? I'm having the same problem here as well, as there's nobody here able to do it for my MY05 XC90. Got the Parrot from Singapore but they refused to provide any installation guide. Now this thing is sitting down there collecting dust.

Hope to hear from anyone with better luck.

Cheers!

Kim
ksseu@yahoo.com
ksseu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2011, 23:50   #16
rowleyd3

I had one fitted to my 05 185 auto (along with another in my wifes Yaris). It worked for 2 days then packed up. That was diagnosed as a blown control box, which was fixed. 2 days later it wasn't working again, diagnosed as another blown box. A week later not working again and told it was the screen and control box. OK for another 3 days then stopped working again - so I had it removed.

The fitter (Halfords) said that it was only the 3rd installation that hadn't worked and the other 2 (both Volvo's) had to have it removed as well.

Not sure whether to try another branch or fitter, or just not bother.

Darren.
rowleyd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2011, 11:14   #17
XC90Virgin

Thumbs up

Hi all,

Reading with interest this post. I too have an '05 with the high perf audio. Well to cut a long story short, through one of the links mentioned above, I have found a supplier that will supply a loom 'bit' that connects from the underseat amp to the Parrot 9200 control box and will allow full mute and audio input etc etc. They are http://www.elan-eu.com and were most helpful. Got talking to a very decent chap called Harry who told me what to do, down to the last nut and bolt. The bit you need is the ISO 083 that replaces their EFP 083. They quoted me £39 approx delivered for the EFP but then phoned me back to say it was discontinued and that the ISO was what will be supplied but at the same price. You will be quoted something slightly higher as they acknowledged their error in quoting to me. The loom piece fits at the amp (5m long) and runs to the phone control box (behind the glove box possibly) and from their it wires as normal to the mic and display. Only an ignition feed is needed from the rear of the dash cigarette lighter supply. excess loom can be coiled under the driver seat at the amp. I had the 9200 fitted to a previous car and only found it to be mediocre in operation. It won't take my iPod as it's too old but will take all newer model as the connector pin confiruaration was changed apparently. Memory card/stick etc etc is probably the best route for me but those with newer iPods will be OK. I would be using it again only I can't afford to replace it just now. Hope that helps somebody to get moving and mobile again.
XC90Virgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2011, 14:16   #18
Ron_XC90
Master Member

Basically what your doing with the ISO lead is by-passing the in-car amplifier and use the internal amp in the parrot box. This is fine for phonecalls, but soundquality with Ipod playback will be far less quality/power than when using the car's amp
Member of the Gloucestershire & Worcestershire 4x4 Response group. www.gw4x4r.co.uk
Ron_XC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2011, 14:24   #19
XC90Virgin

Absolutely right, and when you see the size of the Parrot box you'll see how pathetic (i.e. useless for audio) it actually is! Fine for phone calls though. Wish I never bought it as I thought at the time the audio was still run thro' the car amp. Ah well. Live and learn. Can the CD player read MP3, AAC types files? If so (like my last BMW) it will do the trick instead.
XC90Virgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2011, 15:23   #20
Ron_XC90
Master Member

Not sure what MY this needs to be fitted to, but if it has the aux input, have a look at this thread on how I installed my 9100 http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=107172

Ipod playback is via the cars headunit and sound quality is absolutely amazing
Member of the Gloucestershire & Worcestershire 4x4 Response group. www.gw4x4r.co.uk
Ron_XC90 is offline   Reply With Quote