Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Curve Speed Adaption

Views : 6065

Replies : 33

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 7th, 2020, 19:26   #21
WhatNext?

I doubt it is V60 only.

If available for pre MY20 cars, it would be available across ALL SPA cars, but may be limited to those who have Intellisafe Pro (v standard).

It would interesting to know how you get on. I'm keeping my fingers firmly crossed (ouch!)

I think another update that would be a killer would be wirelessi Android Auto/CarPlay (bonus if they enable full screen use)
Old Mar 8th, 2020, 19:41   #22
Fursty Ferret

As far as I know it’s V60 only. The first generation (those manufactured in the first six months roughly) of the SPA V60 is running a software generation behind the 2020 models. Stuff like the BLIS component of Steer Assist, some City Safety sub-functions, and Pilot Assist 3 weren’t available at the time of release so they were quietly cut from the specification.

Seems that this upgrade is the first step towards fixing the problem. It could be that the 2020 V60 has a different hydraulic unit than the 2019 model (which is shared with the XC60), and that this is required for Pilot Assist 3. This is based on the notes for the upgrade, which seem to mandate this component as a retro-fitted part.

Volvo UK weren’t hugely supportive... “We thought it already had that feature” and “Give it a try, we’re curious to know if it works”.

So my car is the guinea pig. Personal suspicion is that their computer will go “no chance, mate” when they try to load the upgrade.

Last edited by Fursty Ferret; Mar 8th, 2020 at 19:44.
Fursty Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2020, 21:33   #23
WhatNext?

Here

It looks like you are partly right

Last edited by WhatNext?; Mar 8th, 2020 at 21:35.
WhatNext? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2020, 20:40   #24
Fursty Ferret

Update: they tried to feed the updated Pilot Assist software to my car but it sicked it back up again. The dealer was quite apologetic and the case is being raised with both Head Office in Maidenhead and in Sweden to find out exactly why it won't take.

Interestingly when I left they were discussing getting a custom software package built for my car, and are waiting for higher level technical support.

I did point out that it's not had any software updates since June last year and asked if that could be the reason, but they said not.
Old Mar 16th, 2020, 12:29   #25
DriverDen

Default How to tell Pilot Assist Version

Is there a way to see which version of Pilot Assist you have installed in the car?

If it is just a software upgrade wouldn't it be included in a standard annual service?
Previous - XC60 D5, 2 x V70, Santa Fe, Mondeo, Primera, Metro
DriverDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2020, 16:49   #26
Ringthane
VOC Member

I’m resurrecting this thread because my car is going into its second service on Friday and I’ve asked them if they can see if an upgrade from PA2 to PA3, with Curve Speed Adaptation, will be viable.

Has anyone been successful, in having this applied?
Old Jul 6th, 2020, 20:31   #27
ripstandem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
I’m resurrecting this thread because my car is going into its second service on Friday and I’ve asked them if they can see if an upgrade from PA2 to PA3, with Curve Speed Adaptation, will be viable.

Went in for first service last week, don't recall icon been there previously but it is there now.
2020 XC60 with intellisafe pro.
Tried it on fast A road, did its job but a bit unnerving.
ripstandem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2020, 08:00   #28
Automatic Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripstandem View Post
Went in for first service last week, don't recall icon been there previously but it is there now.
2020 XC60 with intellisafe pro.
Tried it on fast A road, did its job but a bit unnerving.
Mine is also a 2020 XC60 and it has definitely been there all along. Not saying yours definitely was too but...
Old Jul 7th, 2020, 10:58   #29
Fursty Ferret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post

Covid-19 got in the way of further troubleshooting on mine. Volvo Sweden said that they couldn't advise further until the car had received something called a "Total Software Update", but in the interim couldn't see any reason why it shouldn't work.

It seems that not all software is updated during a routine service as this takes some time.

I'd recommend that you insist that this is done first before the upgrade. The PA3 part number is 32259226.

Cheers,

David
Old Aug 22nd, 2020, 13:01   #30
WhatNext?

Anyone with a pre MY20 car can update us if they have been successful with this?