Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Long time to get hot

Views : 1508

Replies : 13

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 20th, 2004, 22:07   #11
DieselDoNicely
Premier Member

Default RE: Long time to get hot

My 850 Tdi is in perfect running order on the coolant side. It takes 5 miles at -3 to get to running temp. The gauage is always in the 3 o clock position summer or winter. Some times if its really cold -12 here it take longer to get hot.
DieselDoNicely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2004, 13:10   #12
warthog
VOC Member

These forums are great. Nearly every time I learn something new. I've never seen this trick used before to aid the heater.

Wishing one and all a happy Christmas.
Old Jan 7th, 2005, 14:02   #13
RoscoMac
Scottish Section Chair

Did you happen to notice the opening temp stamped on either the old or the new thermostat??

Thanks

R.
RoscoMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2005, 14:49   #14
jaytee
Jim

A BIT OF AN UPDATE

The little black box I referred to contains two relays, one wired to two of the glo-plugs and the second wired to one. The relays are controlled by the ecu. via two of the three wires in the connector on the relay box. The Gr/Or wire (from ecu connector 37) operates the relay with two glo-plugs, via the terminal (6) - 2 black leads. The Gn/Gr from 23, does the single plug, terminal (5) - 1 black lead. The thick red/black lead is the supply from 50amp fuse #3. the third thin wire at the connector (gn/y) is earthed. I have not yet been able to find out what condition the ecu needs to see before energising the relays, I think this will be via a 5 or 8 volt supply??

Any more info on the operation of this circuit would be helpful.

I have the wiring diagram for the circuit, if anyone needs a copy I can email it.

Jim
jaytee is offline   Reply With Quote