Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

D4 VEA 'check engine' light / EGR fault thread

Views : 602557

Replies : 2692

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 20th, 2016, 18:17   #1131
Rooster
Speed freak

I doubt many dealers would have the capacity to handle a blanket EGR recall,

Plus the parts supply required would be absolutely massive,

It was bad enough when the cold weather hit trying to keep up with all the egr replacements without doing the cooling mod on top aswell,
07 CB600 Hornet --- 2 wheel fun
Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2016, 18:22   #1132
RoyMacDonald
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tem View Post
When I delivered my car to the dealers yesterday, I spoke to the Branch Manager regarding the EGR problems and he said, that they had very few cars with any sort of issue.
He put it down to mine being one of the earliest D4's.
I think Arianne got his XC60 around the same time.

Should have gone back today to pick the car up, but has been delayed until Monday afternoon, as the part for repair of wing mirror is faulty.

They gave me a MY15 V40 D2 and it through up a TPMS alarm on the way home.
Visually checked tyres, looked OK, but with no gauge to check and no garage for last 40 miles, will now look and see if the car has a slow puncture?

The joys of motoring.

tem.
Doesn't your pump have a gauge on it? I take it you don't drive to a garage wait for the tyres to go cold then pump them up?
Old May 20th, 2016, 18:24   #1133
NigelDay
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
I doubt many dealers would have the capacity to handle a blanket EGR recall,

Plus the parts supply required would be absolutely massive,

It was bad enough when the cold weather hit trying to keep up with all the egr replacements without doing the cooling mod on top aswell,
That's fine, as long as VCS will agree to a free 'final fix' EGR replacement to cars out of the warranty period. These examples will start to kick-in after September 2016. (Corrected - originally stated 2017.)
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.

Last edited by NigelDay; May 20th, 2016 at 20:57.
NigelDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2016, 19:14   #1134
tem
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyMacDonald View Post
Doesn't your pump have a gauge on it? I take it you don't drive to a garage wait for the tyres to go cold then pump them up?
No garage on the last 40 miles home.
Absolutely peeing down, plus thick mist.
Clean forgot about the gunk and pump in the boot.
I removed mine and have a Tempa instead.

Checked this morning and expected to find a flat tyre, everything looked OK.
My pressure gauge is in Inverness and found one that I got some 58 years ago when I bought my first motor bike. The thing would not fit and was unable to read any pressure.
Took car to local garage and set the air pump to 33 psi, did all the tyres and alarm was still showing.
Went into car Menue and selected "Calibrate", drove a few miles and alarm cleared.
I have learned something today, as this is the first car that I have driven with TPMS fitted.
New car in October will have it and I now know what to do.
What caused the alarm in the first place, I do not know.
Getting too old for all these modern gadgets.

tem.
Old May 20th, 2016, 19:25   #1135
NigelDay
Premier Member

The Tyre Monitor is quite clever. 12 days ago, (the first really warm weekend of the year) mine displayed 'Tyre pressure low check tyres' apparently on all four tyres. This was a slight surprise to me as, given it was a warm day (over 20 degrees), I was interested that all four tyres would display this alert. I waited for a cold cloudy morning to check the pressures. (We have been blessed with several sunny mornings and the drivers' side tyres are in full view of the warm sun.). Sure enough, all four tyres were down from 2.5 bar to 2.2 / 2.3 bar. I have to confess they had not been checked since the Nokian Weatherproofs were fitted in early November.
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.
Old May 20th, 2016, 19:37   #1136
tem
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelDay View Post
The Tyre Monitor is quite clever. 12 days ago, (the first really warm weekend of the year) mine displayed 'Tyre pressure low check tyres' apparently on all four tyres. This was a slight surprise to me as, given it was a warm day (over 20 degrees), I was interested that all four tyres would display this alert. I waited for a cold cloudy morning to check the pressures. (We have been blessed with several sunny mornings and the drivers' side tyres are in full view of the warm sun.). Sure enough, all four tyres were down from 2.5 bar to 2.2 / 2.3 bar. I have to confess they had not been checked since the Nokian Weatherproofs were fitted in early November.
One thing that I forgot to mention, the schematic showed all wheels as green, yet the alarm was there.
The system on the V40 must be basic, as I could not see any pressure readings, unless I have looked in the wrong place.
As said, TPMS is new to me.

tem.
Old May 20th, 2016, 20:36   #1137
tem
Premier Member

Quote:
That's fine, as long as VCS will agree to a free 'final fix' EGR replacement to cars out of the warranty period. These examples will start to kick-in after September 2017.
Nigel,
It will be early 2017, that is when a lot of us bought a D4.

tem.
Old May 20th, 2016, 20:40   #1138
NigelDay
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tem View Post
Nigel,
It will be early 2017, that is when a lot of us bought a D4.

tem.
Sorry, maths failure.
I should have said September 2016 or shortly afterwards. MY14.5 VEA was launched in September 2013. First deliveries would follow during that Autumn.
Old May 20th, 2016, 20:43   #1139
spaceman2844

Quote:
That's fine, as long as VCS will agree to a free 'final fix' EGR replacement to cars out of the warranty period. These examples will start to kick-in after September 2017.
Maybe even before. Mine is out of 3 year warranty at end Feb 2017. I'm holding onto the car so will be extending the warranty anyhow. But have had 2 EGR repairs already...
Old May 20th, 2016, 23:16   #1140
Marc01

My light went away, interestingly called Volvo assist to come out and read the codes complaining I had gone into limp mode the last 3 times they agreed and came out within an hour or two. This time they refused and claimed they no longer come out to cars with an amber light it has to be red.

Anyway light is gone for now so will push on
Marc01 is offline   Reply With Quote