Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

C30 T5 (2007) Selling Advice

Views : 822

Replies : 13

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 17th, 2018, 16:05   #11
SteveP
300 Maniac

Certainly don't bother with Autotrader - completely full of time wasters and expensive to boot. Gumtree worked ok for me but again still quite a few timewasters with the typical 'Wots the lowest you'll take m8'
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2018, 16:28   #12
FunkyMelon
Master Member

And above all - A price in mind
Old Apr 17th, 2018, 19:43   #13
TimMeadows

Thanks all,
Some great advice there.

I was going to head autotraders way, as it was all I knew (and haven't sold a car privately for ages) but I will give it a miss now.

Ta

Tim
TimMeadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2018, 13:26   #14
scoobysn7x
Premier Member

When I sold my C30 D3 last year I used all of them, and from my point of view Pistonheads, Gumtree, and Autotrader were a total waste of time got not one contact from any of them apart from timewasters, or stupidly low offers, or stupid swap offers. Autotrader was very expensive and I didn't get a single call through that advert.

Best were ebay (although the odd timewaster and low ball offer), Volvo forums & C30 crew sales page on Facebook. Generally people on the forums know what they are getting and now what the cars are worth and don't come with stupidly low offers.

It eventually went to a lad that contacted my through ebay and then through the c30 facebook page.

I would also recommend looking in local garages etc and being realistic with the price, bare in mind people not buying from a garage expect the car to be cheaper than the equivalant car in a garage. We buy any car are a good base price for a car then add 700-800 on to their offer depending on local prices.

I originally paid £6k for my C30 in January last year, cheapest and best example I could find from a garage within 100 miles. I did quite a few mods/upgrades so tried to sell for £6k ono In september. I eventually got £5450 for it which in the end I was pleased with, as I sold a few parts seperately so I ended up with near enough £6k. Best offer (from we buy any car etc) was £4500, and best trade in offer was £4250. So it is definately worth selling privately, and putting up with a little bit of hassle.

I also brought my V60 D4 from a private sale and it was a good £1000-1200 cheaper than if I'd got the same car from a garage.
scoobysn7x is offline   Reply With Quote