Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Events and Meetings

Notices

Events and Meetings Car events and meetings for Volvo cars can be listed and discussed here.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Stirling & District Classic Car Club 14th May

Views : 1780

Replies : 11

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 7th, 2017, 09:11   #1
rustytoba
Master Member

Default Stirling & District Classic Car Club 14th May

Just a heads up, as above on the 14th of May at Strathallan games park (Bridge of Allan) the 13th annual classic car show will be held.

I've attended many over the years there is always a really good turnout with a wide variety of makes, models, vintages and conditions.

Between 10am and 4pm with a selection of club stands, auto jumble and ordinary folk showing off there wheels, entry £5.

Its a good day out for the whole family etc.

Scott
rustytoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2017, 17:03   #2
rustytoba
Master Member

As ever it was a cracking day and the weather was equally great.

A small group of pics here to give a taste of the exhibiters on the day, some you may know others may be completely innocent to the ways of this forum.

My own is amidst the various examples that form a snapshot of makes and models that can be seen at the show year in year out, I'm not sure where else you would find a Morris Land crab, Triumph Herald, Ford XR3, Volvo 240, Ford Probe and stretch Lincoln Town car all parked together.

There are normally an interesting mix from just out the showroom to just out the barn or maybe even the scrapyard.

Early Rolls Royce share common ground with Hillman Imp's, Nissan Sunny's, late model Ford Fiesta's and even brand new Jaguar's.

I cant think of a better way to utilize a Sunday.

Scott
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SAM_5018.jpg (311.1 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_5005.jpg (304.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_5054.jpg (327.9 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_5099.jpg (318.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_5143.jpg (323.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_5138.jpg (395.6 KB, 15 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rustytoba For This Useful Post:
Old May 16th, 2017, 21:28   #3
kev240
Master Member

Good to talk to you on Sunday, good photo's of almost all the Volvo's attending, I believe there was a lovely 1964 P1800 there as well,in amongst the 1950- 1969 section, thanks for the photo of my GLT it is better than the one I took.
Kevin.
kev240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2017, 21:37   #4
biggbn
I've Been Banned

That Amazon with the patina paint is wonderful
biggbn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2017, 22:57   #5
rustytoba
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev240 View Post
Good to talk to you on Sunday, good photo's of almost all the Volvo's attending, I believe there was a lovely 1964 P1800 there as well,in amongst the 1950- 1969 section, thanks for the photo of my GLT it is better than the one I took.
Kevin.
Hi Kevin, I think I saw the P1800 it was really tidy I prefer to aim for achievable goals to me a P1800 may as well be an Alvis or a Lagonda. I need a little more fettling I think before I see a rosette although the podium was very deserving, not that I attend for a rosette.

There are less and less Volvos of any description attending local shows so it gives folk out there a chance to see what is now a rare sight.

This year I had quit a few pointing there phones in my direction and a chap from Kilbirnie wanted some details and advice regarding his newly acquired 240.

Scott
The Following User Says Thank You to rustytoba For This Useful Post:
Old May 17th, 2017, 01:13   #6
Old Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggbn View Post
That Amazon with the patina paint is wonderful
Cheers he gets alot of attention wherever he goes
I see your in Dundee I'm not far from you in Carnoustie
Old Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2017, 17:26   #7
D19VDM
VOC Member

Here's a picture of the P1800. Nice to see one that wasn't white. The red interior was stunning with the grey exterior. It was the cars first outing in a long time. Alex, the guy that owns it has just completed the restoration on it. It was red when he bought it but put it back to its original colour. Which for me, was the right choice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1161.jpg (326.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1162.jpg (353.5 KB, 5 views)
D19VDM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to D19VDM For This Useful Post:
Old May 17th, 2017, 17:30   #8
D19VDM
VOC Member

Here's a couple of Old Joe. Spent ages talking to the owner. Love this car, it looks superb and stands out so much from the others. Hope to see it again at other shows this year with its roof rack on next time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1156.jpg (365.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1157.jpg (397.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1158.jpg (394.3 KB, 3 views)
D19VDM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to D19VDM For This Useful Post:
Old May 18th, 2017, 22:43   #9
Dibble
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D19VDM View Post
Here's a picture of the P1800. Nice to see one that wasn't white. The red interior was stunning with the grey exterior. It was the cars first outing in a long time. Alex, the guy that owns it has just completed the restoration on it. It was red when he bought it but put it back to its original colour. Which for me, was the right choice.
Any idea where he came from David? I was sitting in my local last night in the County town when a similar P1800 passed. Perhaps someone visiting but I thought I knew all the P1800's in this area.
This Bridge of Allan show gets a good name. I might have to try and get there next year with my Amazon.
Dibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2017, 23:12   #10
rustytoba
Master Member

Hi Bob,

It's well worth keeping in mind, a great mix of folk an cars the weather is usually scorching, in the past 5 years or so I've not had a bad one, location is fairly central too.

Scott