Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Rumbling under acceleration

Views : 448

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 24th, 2019, 16:08   #1
AP90

Default Rumbling under acceleration

Hi Everyone

I have a 2013 XC60 D4 AWD it has 93K on the clock and is regularly serviced

I frequently commute from Cornwall to London and on my last trip I noticed when accelerating gently from 60-70mp there was a low grumble/vibration through what appears to be the transmission, it felt as though it was coming from the rear 2/3 of the vehicle

This only happens during acceleration whether using the foot pedal or the cruise buttons

Otherwise completely smooth

Any ideas??

Many thanks

Ash
AP90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2019, 16:17   #2
PierreC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP90 View Post
Hi Everyone

I have a 2013 XC60 D4 AWD it has 93K on the clock and is regularly serviced

I frequently commute from Cornwall to London and on my last trip I noticed when accelerating gently from 60-70mp there was a low grumble/vibration through what appears to be the transmission, it felt as though it was coming from the rear 2/3 of the vehicle

This only happens during acceleration whether using the foot pedal or the cruise buttons

Otherwise completely smooth

Ash
At this mileage I would suspect engine mountings ...

Current: 2016 V40 D4 AT & 2010 XC60 T6 AT
Previous: 2015 V40 D3 AT, 2007 S60 2.5T MT, 2004 S60 2.0T MT, 2002 XC70 2.4T AT Autotech Tune, 1996 850 GLT MT
PierreC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2019, 11:51   #3
AP90

Thank you for the suggestion Pierre, however there are no clunks or lack of feeling in day to day driving, would bad engine mounts be evident here?

Thanks
Old Jun 25th, 2019, 13:37   #4
Dash300
High Grand Master Member

I would also check your tyres as well. I am currently running on Goodyear Wranglers and they are making a droning noise due to the tyre tread blocking.
This I am guessing is a tracking issue which I have yet to get checked. The blocking is on the inside treads and I was getting the droning from the rear and now having changed the offending tyres to the front that is now where the droning is coming from and can even be felt through the steering wheel at slow speed.
Will be getting the tracking done and then changing to Michelin Cross Climates
as I have heard of Wranglers being prone to tyre noise issues.
Dash300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2019, 14:30   #5
AP90

Thanks Dash

This was the first run on brand new tyres all round, Pirellis

Yes I had the droning via blocking experience for the last 7 months or so, I was too mean to replace the rear tyres as they had miles of meat on them

Thank you for the suggestion

Ash