Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

cannot rev beyond 3k rpm DPF help

Views : 860

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 9th, 2016, 10:02   #1
Jazzygent

Thumbs up cannot rev beyond 3k rpm DPF help

hello there, not my first time here, but for some reason my account isnt recognised, so heres to a new account! same old dave, new jazzy name.

my volvo went into have the timing belt changed an enroute went into limp mode, unfortunatly the dealership didnt have a scheduled slot to resolve the limp mode and the timing belt and are now booked up for weeks.

they told me the limp mode was due to a split hose relating to the dpf and gave me a quote of £350 to replace - now im not a mechanic, but i am an engineer... i know where the dpf is and this subject appears to be a minefield of info, does anyone know where i can get a hose for not £150! after all it is a hose!!! and if there are any guides to replace this, i feel £350 is excessive for a two union clips or jubillee clips and a bit of rubber tubing..... and i dont particularly want to drive around limited in rpm for almost a month due to volvo being snowed under (new reg is out), its very annoying.

Last edited by Jazzygent; Mar 9th, 2016 at 10:27.
Jazzygent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2016, 20:36   #2
paddyred
Master Member

Is this the pipes they are referring too? the ones with the yellow arrows?
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/-XAXr_cqDVw/maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited by paddyred; Mar 9th, 2016 at 20:44.
paddyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2016, 21:04   #3
Jazzygent

Many thanks paddy.
Jazzygent is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2.0 d, dealer, dpf, hose, split