Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC90 ABS Fault

Views : 38214

Replies : 34

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 15th, 2013, 00:52   #31
MortyNor

Default Same problem as Phillk

Will try the read + rear fog blinker x2.
Depending on outcome, I will then take the front wheels off to check connection of abs sensor with voltmeter when spinning wheel as mentioned in other post.
MortyNor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2013, 22:39   #32
chris2ryder

Smile 53 xc90

Had a similar problem with my XC90 only a 53 I would love a new one.

However mine was the Yaw rate Sensor quoted 500 for the part plus 2 hour labor picked up one for £70 and did it myself very easily
chris2ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2014, 21:42   #33
Balraek

I have a 2006 XC90 with a similar problem: Brake failure, stop safely, antiskid need service, speedometer goes to zero and trip show "-------". Car went to limp mode, and sometimes did not start at all.

I disconnected the DEM (contact underneath the car on a box marked HALDEX- or by AOC fuse in aft fuse box), and started the car without it any limp mode or brake failure. The AWD was of course not working ( anti skid needs service light on), but at least I could drive the car.
Now, I have removed the DEM and are sending it for repair to Innosund in Sweeden tomorrow. I hope it will work, and I hope this thread will help somone else.
Balraek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2014, 19:03   #34
Carrizos

Excellent thread, I couldn't remember how to activate the read button so ta for that and all the other useful info.

My fault started a while back but I haven't used the car much since.
ABS shuddery braking comes on without me touching the brakes and it is in really slow limp mode. Works for a few meters after stop-lock-unlock-start again. Anti skid warning on.

I have plenty of SET readings from my read button Looks like the DEM is fine but
BCM CEM DDM CCM PDM PSM ICM REM SWM VEM all say SET

Can't get a diagnostic til Friday, MOT due in three weeks hopefully will be solved before then and still leave me a few pennies for the MOT.

And here is my hopefully useful 2 penneth - there are two ABS fuses, with fuse 19 removed the car drives fine although braking and stability are reduced slightly but no different to a pre ABS car so OK to get you home if you're out when faults kick in, just remember to cadence brake if you need to stop really quick. Not sure what insurers might think of that though.

XC90 53 plate auto diesel.
Carrizos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2014, 14:49   #35
bandit1200s

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortyNor View Post
Will try the read + rear fog blinker x2.
Depending on outcome, I will then take the front wheels off to check connection of abs sensor with voltmeter when spinning wheel as mentioned in other post.
How do you do this?
bandit1200s is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
abs, brake, speedo, xc90