Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Things that are annoying

Views : 17257

Replies : 153

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 13th, 2016, 10:37   #21
Voltan

It annoyed me that the folding mirrors don't fold much compared to those I've seen on other brands e.g. Mercs, where the mirrors fold within the body line.

Then I thought that actually it reduces the risk of the car being side-wiped down the panels while parked or when negotiating tight spaces, as it defines the space allowed for clearance. Is that clever, deliberate design by Volvo?
Old Nov 13th, 2016, 15:51   #22
andymcp
Premier Member

Things that annoy:
The EPB. Stupidity in every possible way.
Auto wipers not staying on - an unnecessary added button press after every engine start.

I find the 5mph short press increments more intuitive in real world for cruise control - I usually want to either quickly get to a round number when I first set cruise, or get a decent increment to overtake. Minor changes rarely happen. Having said that I have ACC to take care of small adjustments relative to other cars.

Mine: 2014 V60 D4 SE Lux Nav Geartronic
Mrs McP: 2013 V40 D2 R-Design Lux Nav
andymcp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to andymcp For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 13th, 2016, 16:30   #23
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymcp View Post
Things that annoy:
The EPB. Stupidity in every possible way.
Auto wipers not staying on - an unnecessary added button press after every engine start.

I find the 5mph short press increments more intuitive in real world for cruise control - I usually want to either quickly get to a round number when I first set cruise, or get a decent increment to overtake. Minor changes rarely happen. Having said that I have ACC to take care of small adjustments relative to other cars.
when cruise control is on all you have to do is press the throttle to overtake as usual , the car will go back to the preset speed when you ease off .
Old Nov 13th, 2016, 19:11   #24
andymcp
Premier Member

Correct, I could press a pedal and drive the car. But I have cruise control - a button does just fine

P.S. I only mean for overtaking on motorways, I don't use cruise control to overtake on regular roads!

Mine: 2014 V60 D4 SE Lux Nav Geartronic
Mrs McP: 2013 V40 D2 R-Design Lux Nav
andymcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2016, 21:16   #25
Squirrell

Is it me but I find the following frustrating in my MY17 XC60 D4 FWD Manual....

The annoying downlight from the rear view mirror that lights the gear stick is distracting and not needed, can you disable it or have I got to resort to sticking tape over the bulb?

The clutch sits about 15mm higher than the brake pedal, it doesn't feel comfortable using the clutch, you have to lift you foot really high off the pedal to drive off?

The steering wheel is too close even though it is fully pushed back?

Apart from that I like the car, but I still miss the MY10 XC90.
Squirrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2016, 22:44   #26
Yeatesy

Things I find annoying on my MY2017 XC60 D5 AWD SE Geartonic

When you stop the car you have to pull door handle twice to unlock and then it only unlocks the drivers door unless you remember to push the unlock all doors button first. My E Class you only pull the the drivers or passengers door handle once to unlock all doors.

Electric memory seat buttons keep getting touched when I get in and out of car. They need to be moved to a more suitable position. Also have to watch trousers on dirty sills when getting in and out.

Is it possible to turn off auto stop start permanently so I don't have to keep doing it everytime I start the car. Sometimes I forget and then the first time I arrive at a junction or roundabout it stops.

When you have auto lights on, you have to pull back headlight stalk to activate auto dipping headlights every time you start the car at night when you want them to work. But they do a good job when they work, unless a car is waiting to pull out of a side road and then they don't dip because sensor hasn't recognised any car headlights.

Hopefully I will get use to it. It's early days yet and I have only covered 500 miles.
Yeatesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2016, 23:09   #27
bobby2000
VOC Member

You will get used to these little annoyances I have and now really like my xc60.
Old Nov 14th, 2016, 00:32   #28
noodle1066
Volvo is now in my blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrell View Post
Is it me but I find the following frustrating in my MY17 XC60 D4 FWD Manual....

The annoying downlight from the rear view mirror that lights the gear stick is distracting and not needed, can you disable it or have I got to resort to sticking tape over the bulb?

The clutch sits about 15mm higher than the brake pedal, it doesn't feel comfortable using the clutch, you have to lift you foot really high off the pedal to drive off?

The steering wheel is too close even though it is fully pushed back?

Apart from that I like the car, but I still miss the MY10 XC90.
Ah, that annoying "mood light" from the mirror. A circle of black tape solved that, like it has on my last three cars.

Also, as mentioned on other comments: EPB position and the 5mph increments on cruise.
noodle1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2016, 06:20   #29
GusGecko
from C30 to XC60

I'm pretty sure you can change the settings for locking the doors, which ones lock etc

GusGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2016, 06:42   #30
id5
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrell View Post
The annoying downlight from the rear view mirror that lights the gear stick is distracting and not needed, ...
Which is something that I like along with the theatre lighting, we are all so different!

What I dislike is Volvo's one state fits all software. There are many functions from auto wipers, to the little light that needs the facility to change the setting for the next start up or even keep the same setting as when the car was turned off.
id5 is offline   Reply With Quote