Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Disabled Section > Disabled Section Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

For sale.

Views : 22364

Replies : 36

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 5th, 2015, 18:14   #1
Prufrock
I've Been Banned

Default For sale.

My 2003 V70 has been on loan to my Wife's parents for some time, and it has had fitted an electric crane/winch in order that an electric scooter can be lifted into the cargo space.

The winch has hardly been used (fitted about 6 months ago) and because of a recent bereavement is no longer needed. We like to sell it for circa £300 (it was about £1000 new), the scooter is also available (nearly new too).

I do not know the makes of the winch/scooter but can advise if any interest (can supply pics but the car is not with me at the moment: it is in Sussex).

Thank you for looking.

Jon
700/900 Register Keeper VOC.
Prufrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2015, 08:32   #2
Prufrock
I've Been Banned

Default Window shoppers?

Never could figure our why so many people would view a post and not reply, or is it simply because they've nothing better to do than to view a post that's of no interest to them?

A clue about the content is in the title, I never view a post unless the title is relevant to my needs (if I were disabled this one would be), or of interest (Lounge, or the general motoring sub forums).

Jon.
Old Jun 19th, 2015, 19:40   #3
Mike 700
Premier Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prufrock View Post
Never could figure our why so many people would view a post and not reply, or is it simply because they've nothing better to do than to view a post that's of no interest to them?

A clue about the content is in the title, I never view a post unless the title is relevant to my needs (if I were disabled this one would be), or of interest (Lounge, or the general motoring sub forums).

Jon.
I looked because I am disabled, and look at all of the posts in this section, but didn't reply to your post, because I am not in the market for the items you have to offer, at the moment - maybe next time?
Feb23 Qashqai e Power, June 21 Volvo XC90 Recharge R design.June18 TiguanSELNew 2017XC60RDesign NavLux,New 2015 Qashqai n-tec+,New 2014V60SE,New2011XC60 RDesign,New XC90SeLux,NewMay2005XC70 D5 SeLux plus.

Last edited by Mike 700; Jun 19th, 2015 at 22:35.
Mike 700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2015, 20:55   #4
strbryan
I've Been Banned

I was looking for the handbag at dawn section, I ended up here which seems to be the dummy spitting section..My search will continue..
strbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2015, 21:50   #5
cheshired5
Premier Member

Quote:
A clue about the content is in the title
No it isn't. There could have been any number of mobility related items on offer but the title is about as non specific as you can get.

Stop being such a grump.

That's my job.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cheshired5 For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 20th, 2015, 08:13   #6
Prufrock
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshired5 View Post
No it isn't. There could have been any number of mobility related items on offer but the title is about as non specific as you can get.

Stop being such a grump.

That's my job.
If you read the content you'd understand, if you're not disabled or have a need for disabled items why are you here in this sub forum - to make trouble (and you call me a grump) ?

I am the least grumpy person you'll never meet.

Jon.
Old Jun 20th, 2015, 08:16   #7
Prufrock
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 700 View Post
I looked because I am disabled, and look at all of the posts in this section, but didn't reply to your post, because I am not in the market for the items you have to offer, at the moment - maybe next time?
No next time Mike 700, I only had one disabled relative and he's now passed away, hence the comment about being recently bereaved.

Jon.
Old Jun 20th, 2015, 10:51   #8
JamesV70R
Forum Support Team

The view counter doesn't work the way you think it does. That isn't 300+ unique views by individual registered users. Its 300+ views, including multiples, by both registered and unregistered users, guests, search bots, etc.

Your title could be a bit less ambiguous, many people are probably looking as this is the most recently bumped thread and all it shows is "for sale". It could be anything.

James
JamesV70R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JamesV70R For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 20th, 2015, 11:23   #9
cheshired5
Premier Member

Quote:
If you read the content you'd understand, if you're not disabled or have a need for disabled items why are you here in this sub forum
To read the content, I and others have to view the thread in the first place!
If your title said "Winch and Mobility Scooter For Sale", I may not have clicked on because I don't know anyone with that specific need right now but I may have looked anyway for information. Some of my best finds on this forum come from finding info or stuff for sale when I wasn't particularly looking for it.
I'm not disabled and I don't need disability items but I know people that do.
The Following User Says Thank You to cheshired5 For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 20th, 2015, 15:24   #10
Mike 700
Premier Member

Cool

Quote:
No next time Mike 700, I only had one disabled relative and he's now passed away, hence the comment about being recently bereaved.

Jon.
If you have sold the hoist for the £300 quoted , then I think that you have probably done well?

Looking at fleabay and other's , most used models are being sold for less, irrespectiive of make etc?

I looked at a £1000 plus version for a weight limit of 150 lbs. and fully transferable , and if fitted to a new car before the car is registered, it went down to £300, 'cause of vat saving on the car- this is my way forward when I finally make up my mind on a new car.

Quote:
VAT Free Vehicles

It is possible to purchase a new vehicle at zero rated VAT if the vehicle is fitted with an adaptation prior to it being registered to yourself.

For a vehicle to be sold VAT free the following conditions apply;

1)***** The vehicle must be substantially and permanently adapted.

2)***** The disabled person must use a wheelchair in order to be mobile(a person with a degenerative condition who only uses a wheelchair when the condition requires it also qualifies as a wheelchair user).

Feb23 Qashqai e Power, June 21 Volvo XC90 Recharge R design.June18 TiguanSELNew 2017XC60RDesign NavLux,New 2015 Qashqai n-tec+,New 2014V60SE,New2011XC60 RDesign,New XC90SeLux,NewMay2005XC70 D5 SeLux plus.

Last edited by Mike 700; Jun 20th, 2015 at 15:27.
Mike 700 is offline   Reply With Quote