Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

v90 odometer

Views : 1186

Replies : 20

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 19th, 2019, 10:39   #1
Beavis
Premier Member

Default v90 odometer

i've just had car delivered on back of a truck. it just shows 4 miles delivery mileage - very happy if thats the case.
i can see the Trip meter as its in 0.1 mile segments. Is the odometer the one directly above? i pressed the reset button at end of stalk and the trip went to 0, but the one above stayed the same.
but then i read there is another trip meter which resets after 4 hours - so wasn't sure if that was the one or if there is another.

thanks in advance.
Beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2019, 11:51   #2
Beavis
Premier Member

have just found this thread which indicates 4-5 delivery miles is the norm. i initially thought there is another odometer. Happy if this is the case. my last new car - a Skoda Superb had 50 on delivery so thats why i was expecting more.
Old Aug 19th, 2019, 13:37   #3
S5Warrior

There's 2 trip meters, TM and TA

TM is reset via the button on the end of the stalk, i.e Trip Manual

TA is the every 4 hours post engine switch off, i.e. Trip Auto

Pressing the menu button on the right hand side of the steering wheel will bring up the the full list to scroll through.

HTH.
Old Aug 19th, 2019, 13:38   #4
Beavis
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S5Warrior View Post
There's 2 trip meters, TM and TA

TM is reset via the button on the end of the stalk, i.e Trip Manual

TA is the every 4 hours post engine switch off, i.e. Trip Auto

Pressing the menu button on the right hand side of the steering wheel will bring up the the full list to scroll through.

HTH.
thank you. i need to spend an hour outside with it to work through dash menus as we were rushing through at the time.
Old Aug 19th, 2019, 14:07   #5
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuT4 View Post
i've just had car delivered on back of a truck. it just shows 4 miles delivery mileage - very happy if thats the case.
i can see the Trip meter as its in 0.1 mile segments. Is the odometer the one directly above? i pressed the reset button at end of stalk and the trip went to 0, but the one above stayed the same.
but then i read there is another trip meter which resets after 4 hours - so wasn't sure if that was the one or if there is another.

thanks in advance.
The cars come from the factory with 5 miles on them off the truck , the PDI states that at least a 5 mile road test must be carried out , it seems it never had a PDI road test !
Old Aug 19th, 2019, 14:09   #6
Beavis
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
The cars come from the factory with 5 miles on them off the truck , the PDI states that at least a 5 mile road test must be carried out , it seems it never had a PDI road test !
looks that way - hence was i was so surprised with low miles as i'm sure it'll clock up 4 miles from end of factory to boat, then boat to transporter and then transporter to transport a few times. i'm at work at moment so will take it out for a spin later.
Old Aug 19th, 2019, 14:24   #7
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuT4 View Post
looks that way - hence was i was so surprised with low miles as i'm sure it'll clock up 4 miles from end of factory to boat, then boat to transporter and then transporter to transport a few times. i'm at work at moment so will take it out for a spin later.
They all have that 5 miles when dropped off at the dealer and have done for some years .. the mileage will be on the PDI sheet , i guess you don't have that in the glovebox ?
There is one exception the S90 which comes by train from the China factory on it's 6 week journey , that will have about 35 miles on it when delivered to the dealer .
Old Aug 19th, 2019, 14:31   #8
Beavis
Premier Member

Quote:
They all have that 5 miles when dropped off at the dealer and have done for some years .. the mileage will be on the PDI sheet , i guess you don't have that in the glovebox ?
There is one exception the S90 which comes by train from the China factory on it's 6 week journey , that will have about 35 miles on it when delivered to the dealer .
there was a multicoloured 5-6 page (yellow/green) document in the glovebox along with the spare wheel nuts and key case, but i've not yet had time to dig it out or have a read through it.
Old Aug 19th, 2019, 18:16   #9
St Evelyn
VOC Member

Quote:
They all have that 5 miles when dropped off at the dealer and have done for some years ..
I've got a really vague recollection of reading somewhere that dealers could perform one reset of the odometer as long as it hadn't gone above a certain level (50 or 100 miles possibly..?), however, it's so vague I'm really not sure whether this was a Volvo feature or something that I would have read on another manufacturer's forum, possibly VAG or BMW?

The reason given was that it enabled them to show zero miles on a new car for any customer that was especially keen to see this when driving out of the showroom for the first time.

Current - 2017 V90 D4 Inscription
Previous - 2011 S80 D3
St Evelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2019, 18:46   #10
Beavis
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by St Evelyn View Post
I've got a really vague recollection of reading somewhere that dealers could perform one reset of the odometer as long as it hadn't gone above a certain level (50 or 100 miles possibly..?), however, it's so vague I'm really not sure whether this was a Volvo feature or something that I would have read on another manufacturer's forum, possibly VAG or BMW?

The reason given was that it enabled them to show zero miles on a new car for any customer that was especially keen to see this when driving out of the showroom for the first time.
i think i read about this being possible with VAG - i believe it could be done 2 or 3 times from what i recall. I wish my previous supplying skoda dealer had obliged when i purchased mine. i'd have been happier than with 50+ miles on the car.

Hence why i was so surprised it was only 4 miles when delivered today.
Just had to get the Volvo On-car activated by the supplying dealer, but that all now works nicely.
too nervous to drive it out now to fill it up.
The Following User Says Thank You to Beavis For This Useful Post: