Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

v90 odometer

Views : 1187

Replies : 20

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 19th, 2019, 19:23   #11
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by St Evelyn View Post
I've got a really vague recollection of reading somewhere that dealers could perform one reset of the odometer as long as it hadn't gone above a certain level (50 or 100 miles possibly..?), however, it's so vague I'm really not sure whether this was a Volvo feature or something that I would have read on another manufacturer's forum, possibly VAG or BMW?

The reason given was that it enabled them to show zero miles on a new car for any customer that was especially keen to see this when driving out of the showroom for the first time.

That is true , it was in Vadis when it came out in the late 1990's but volvo forbid their dealers from doing it . Because technically it is illegal , it is deceiving someone when the car is being sold . That is the only circumstance it is illegal actually ! ...
Old Aug 20th, 2019, 00:17   #12
tem
Premier Member

Now you have the V90, does it have a Tempa Spare Wheel?

tem.
Old Aug 20th, 2019, 08:44   #13
Beavis
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tem View Post
Now you have the V90, does it have a Tempa Spare Wheel?

tem.
No, just the compressor and can of gel. Will have a think about what to do on this aspect. Like the extra storage, but for next long journey will probably order a spare and jack to go in there.

Last edited by Beavis; Aug 20th, 2019 at 08:55.
Beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2019, 21:33   #14
uksteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
They all have that 5 miles when dropped off at the dealer and have done for some years .. the mileage will be on the PDI sheet , i guess you don't have that in the glovebox ?
There is one exception the S90 which comes by train from the China factory on it's 6 week journey , that will have about 35 miles on it when delivered to the dealer .
No not true Clan. my S90 China built was dropped off by my dealer ( my request) with 12 miles on the clock. I live approx. 6 miles from the dealer

Cheers
Old Aug 20th, 2019, 21:53   #15
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uksteve View Post
No not true Clan. my S90 China built was dropped off by my dealer ( my request) with 12 miles on the clock. I live approx. 6 miles from the dealer

Cheers
well it is true steve i'm not telling lies , its what i have observed on about half a dozen of them .. maybe they now zero them when they take them off the train ..?
Old Aug 21st, 2019, 08:44   #16
rxtian

They certainly reset the miles on the 2006 V70 we got brand new - as the trip mileage was higher than the odometer!
rxtian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2019, 11:07   #17
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxtian View Post
They certainly reset the miles on the 2006 V70 we got brand new - as the trip mileage was higher than the odometer!
yes that was a long time ago :-) Volvo later stopped it ... although it is now re-enabled in diagnostic software but still forbidden ... maybe that is how the S90 above had such a low delivery mileage .
Old Aug 21st, 2019, 13:01   #18
tem
Premier Member

Just looked at the invoice for the V90 and it had done 10 miles, when I bought it.

tem.
Old Aug 21st, 2019, 13:03   #19
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tem View Post
Just looked at the invoice for the V90 and it had done 10 miles, when I bought it.

tem.
that figures , 5 miles at delivery and 5 miles road test :-)
Old Aug 21st, 2019, 17:30   #20
uksteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
yes that was a long time ago :-) Volvo later stopped it ... although it is now re-enabled in diagnostic software but still forbidden ... maybe that is how the S90 above had such a low delivery mileage .
Hi Clan. I take it you are still on about my car. You really shouldn't make claims like you are 100% knowledgeable on the subject only to then retract to random samples as evidence. I corrected you because you were wrong to say in such a black and white statement regarding China built S90s delivery mileage- get over it ??