Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

removing an lpg system

Views : 463

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 18th, 2014, 16:14   #1
billyboggins

Default removing an lpg system

i have located a car with an lpg system that i am going to remove and get my mech to fit to my 850...does anyone have any tips or advice on how to go about removing same from donor car ?
billyboggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2014, 19:26   #2
capt jack
VOC Member

Carefully! Are you wanting to leave the donor car still driveable? If so you'll need to blank off where the gas is injected into the manifold, make sure that you re-make everything on the cooloing system where the regulator is tapped in, and get any vacuum connections tidied up again.

I think there should be a shut-off valve at the tank. I believe that you should have the car running on gas, then close that valve which will purge the gas pipework as the car will switch to petrol again.

I never actually did this but I did investigate removing the LPG from my old V70, but in the end I sold it complete.

Cheers

Jack
capt jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2014, 19:31   #3
billyboggins

thanks Jack,
no its a donor write off car that i'm removing it from ,just got to make sure all the gas is gone or sealed off i suppose .The only thing slightly worrying me is that its of a 20 valve v70 and mines a ten valve 850 but i think my mech will be able to sort it ...fingers crossed ...bloody hell why do i do these things ?...lol
Old May 18th, 2014, 20:57   #4
capt jack
VOC Member

Don't think the 20v /10v thing will be an issue. When I thought about replacing my old LPG V70 with another and swapping the gas I was told that what matters is the number of cylinders. You should be OK.

Cheers

Jack
capt jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2014, 13:11   #5
scutyde
Retrofit master

The LPG ECU will definetely need remaping as the 20V needs more gas compared to the 10V otherwise your 10V will run too rich.

Which year is the V70? If it's 99 and newer I think you will have problems fitting the electrics in the 850
scutyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2014, 17:46   #6
billyboggins

Smile

hi mate,
its a '97 so should be ok i'm thinking ,thanks for the interest