Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Which colour for a new XC60 Inscription Pro

Views : 4600

Replies : 38

Users Viewing This Thread :  

View Poll Results: Which colour for a new XC60 Inscription Pro
Ice White 6 12.00%
Bright Silver 8 16.00%
Crystal White 10 20.00%
Electric Silver 26 52.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jun 8th, 2018, 17:45   #11
lalith16

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjedrake View Post
I always get a new car fully detailed so that I have at least 3 years of enjoyable washing as and when required.
When you said ‘fully detailed’, if you are referring to somekind of protective layer over pain (be it ceramic coating or paint protection film (PPF)) and internal protection applied to upholstery do you mind sharing from your own experience and knowledge which one to go for as there are many types and manufacturers out there. Thanks.
Old Jun 8th, 2018, 17:48   #12
Goodshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tresco85 View Post
I would also have a good test drive in a Inscription as we are really struggling with the seat comfort at the moment. They feel a bit strange with the seat extenders out but after driving over 2000 miles in the last month touring Scotland we are both getting pains in our legs due to the metal bar across the seat where the seat extends. Going in to see the dealer on Monday when we are back to discuss it with them as we can not put up with it.
As the are an optional extra - assume they can be removed fairly easily - the seat extenders?
Old Jun 9th, 2018, 17:05   #13
Chief inspector
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodshot View Post
As the are an optional extra - assume they can be removed fairly easily - the seat extenders?
No - its a different seat, there are different seats in the Momomtum, Inscription and R Design and the Pro pack makes a difference to all of those, so 6 basic seat shapes all in before other add on malarkey.

Ive the Momentum with the pro pack, which brings seat extenders, but the inscription ones are slightly different as well as having the smooth rather than elephants bum leather.
Old Jun 9th, 2018, 17:19   #14
Crockers
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalith16 View Post
When you said ‘fully detailed’, if you are referring to somekind of protective layer over pain (be it ceramic coating or paint protection film (PPF)) and internal protection applied to upholstery do you mind sharing from your own experience and knowledge which one to go for as there are many types and manufacturers out there. Thanks.
My XC60 was done with Gtechniq Still looking good after 5 years.
Old Jun 9th, 2018, 17:23   #15
Crockers
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw View Post
None of them. The world is full of white, grey and black cars. Get a colour...

Inside depends on a couple of things - do you have pan roof and how is it used?
I have a pan roof and a dog and grandson - so black it is. If I didnt have the pan roof and didnt have other users of the car, I would go lighter - but probably amber rather than blonde.

Although I didnt end up with a Volvo so inside options were black grey or red - and with a matador red exterior the black looks best, in my opinion.

PS you havent mentioned which model - or have I missed something??
So what colour is your Audi. ? Trouble is manufacturers don’t offer a wide enough palette from which to choose.

I do like your SQ5 but my wife prefers Volvos. But by god it’s a temptation.
Old Jun 9th, 2018, 18:17   #16
isleaiw
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crockers View Post
So what colour is your Audi. ? Trouble is manufacturers don’t offer a wide enough palette from which to choose.

I do like your SQ5 but my wife prefers Volvos. But by god it’s a temptation.
Matador red, very like the XC60 metallic red. See pic below. Available choices are getting worse. I chose this because it and a nice blue are all Audi did that wasn't black grey or silver - and I have had a couple of blue cars before...

I don't have a wife to interfere so it was what I wanted. The Audi is absolutely brilliant - and it was chosen as my last real chance to have a proper 6 cylinder petrol before the killjoys take over...

I might go XC60 next time though to get T8....or an XC40 T8 if they do one! Going to have to embrace electric power sometime...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0023.JPG (134.4 KB, 29 views)

Last edited by isleaiw; Jun 9th, 2018 at 18:20.
isleaiw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to isleaiw For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 9th, 2018, 19:20   #17
lalith16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crockers View Post
My XC60 was done with Gtechniq Still looking good after 5 years.
Thanks for sharing that info. Is it done by one of their approved applicators?
Old Jun 9th, 2018, 19:40   #18
Goodshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief inspector View Post
No - its a different seat, there are different seats in the Momomtum, Inscription and R Design and the Pro pack makes a difference to all of those, so 6 basic seat shapes all in before other add on malarkey.

Ive the Momentum with the pro pack, which brings seat extenders, but the inscription ones are slightly different as well as having the smooth rather than elephants bum leather.
Oh bugger. I had a test drive in an inscrption and thought the seats were fine, but then ordered the pro! Better go and test drive a pro before it's too late!
Old Jun 9th, 2018, 19:44   #19
Goodshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw View Post
Matador red, very like the XC60 metallic red. See pic below. Available choices are getting worse. I chose this because it and a nice blue are all Audi did that wasn't black grey or silver - and I have had a couple of blue cars before...

I don't have a wife to interfere so it was what I wanted. The Audi is absolutely brilliant - and it was chosen as my last real chance to have a proper 6 cylinder petrol before the killjoys take over...

I might go XC60 next time though to get T8....or an XC40 T8 if they do one! Going to have to embrace electric power sometime...
There is no xc40 T8 unfortunately. Maybe next year I was told.
Old Jun 9th, 2018, 20:30   #20
Chief inspector
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodshot View Post
Oh bugger. I had a test drive in an inscrption and thought the seats were fine, but then ordered the pro! Better go and test drive a pro before it's too late!
I am wrong the Inscription pro on the XC60 has no impact on the seats looking at the spec. I thought it added ventilation, but thats standard