Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

r reg s70r spares or repair £600

Views : 12220

Replies : 149

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Closed Thread

Old Dec 13th, 2011, 12:45   #141
bobbych
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimcoted View Post
It passes my comprehension how seemingly sensible people keep responding to the bull**** from this crackpot sufficient to have him occupying three of the four top spots in the for sale section. Ignore him and hopefully he will just fade into obscurity. He clearly thrives on the attention he gets, it is probably the only high spot in his otherwise mundane days.
surely, now it would be easier for an Admin to just delete all the thread, and ban the poster. Let's face it, no one on this forum IS going to buy it. ebay is another matter, but even then, no one has yet bought it. This forum has good, genuine Volvo-heads, and unless they are just going to rob it for spares, then no none here will buy it. Simple

Please admin, just delete the threads and let's move on

1994 850 TURBO (2008 - 2011)
Now Scrapped Sadly
Metallic Grey
Full Leather
The Following User Says Thank You to bobbych For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 13th, 2011, 16:01   #142
960kg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbych View Post
surely, now it would be easier for an Admin to just delete all the thread, and ban the poster. Let's face it, no one on this forum IS going to buy it. ebay is another matter, but even then, no one has yet bought it. This forum has good, genuine Volvo-heads, and unless they are just going to rob it for spares, then no none here will buy it. Simple

Please admin, just delete the threads and let's move on
I know exactly what you are saying but there are tooooooo many people on these forums that love to stir things up and take pot shots at members. It seems you are one that has been taken in by it all and now you also add more spin to it and yet you complain! Why don`t you live and let live?

There is one statement that you made which i will rigorously disgree with as i have proof of the pudding and it WAS in the eating.

Keith

Mercedes C320CDI Sport Estate 3 litre V6 7 Gear Auto
Remap 290bhp 628Nm torque @ 1600revs 45.1mpg
The Following User Says Thank You to 960kg For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 13th, 2011, 16:47   #143
Lmason
L Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom12 View Post
I know. I only have myself to blame really. :-(

What if a genuinely interested buyer wants to know something first, makes an innocent query and then you shoot him down as someone full of wind?
my loss then, and nothing for you to be concerned about
Old Dec 13th, 2011, 16:59   #144
Lmason
L Mason

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by 960kg View Post
I know exactly what you are saying but there are tooooooo many people on these forums that love to stir things up and take pot shots at members. It seems you are one that has been taken in by it all and now you also add more spin to it and yet you complain! Why don`t you live and let live?

There is one statement that you made which i will rigorously disgree with as i have proof of the pudding and it WAS in the eating.

Keith
it is the replies to my thread which i dont really want to hear either. looking back at my first advert, there was nothing bull$*it about it,

my porogative was to advertise my car to sell it, but it hasnt turned out that way, instead it has turned into something like a friday night on the booze..meaning, how many peoples intentions are to have a good time and enjoy themselves, instead, they end up in in a bprawl and gettin locked up, if i could see ahead of how these threads were going to turn out like they have, i wouldnt of bothered advertising on here...

its a shame really, obviously i have been deluded by having the thought ""ahh lets advertise my volvo on an enthusiasts website, i should get some good interest there, how wrong i was..and how dissapointed i am.

it seems the "volvo"`S are no longer owned or driven by enthusiasts, or the old man who calls his volvo his pride and joy, no, seems alot of volvos are now owned by idiot boy racers who buy them cos there cheap to buy and fast, thats the impression given when reading the replies to my adverts
Old Dec 13th, 2011, 18:50   #145
960kg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmason View Post
it seems the "volvo"`S are no longer owned or driven by enthusiasts, or the old man who calls his volvo his pride and joy, no, seems alot of volvos are now owned by idiot boy racers who buy them cos there cheap to buy and fast, thats the impression given when reading the replies to my adverts
I am 63yrs and i have never seen a truer sentence on these forums!!

I presided mainly on the S/V40 side of things but they are just as demeaning over there.

I am not grinding your axe as i have always had my own to grind but most of the sh*te stirrers always seem to have to out do the persons post they are answering or have to be better instead of just informative and helpful.

Yes, i know we are only "Keyboard Mechanics" but the rudeness still comes over as well as the alcohol induced posts. This is why i live and let live and i am glad to see you don`t let them drive you into the ground.

Mercedes C320CDI Sport Estate 3 litre V6 7 Gear Auto
Remap 290bhp 628Nm torque @ 1600revs 45.1mpg
The Following User Says Thank You to 960kg For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 13th, 2011, 21:30   #146
Lmason
L Mason

Talking

960kg,

thank you for your kind words, very true.

i dont let them grind me down, come to that, after many years of people grinding me down in my younger days, ive learned "dont let the ba$***ds grind you down" ir is my motto every day. as this happens not just on the pc, but almost everyone you meet, including doctors, policemen, judges etc etc, the full damn lot of society across the board.

thats why i prefer to stay in at home with my two doggys, there the only living beings who dont grind you down, but lift you up with joy, something ive discovered doesnt occur in the human species.

my other motto is live and let live

i also live by who giveth must receiveth

i given up ages ago trying to sell my car on here after i saw the first couple of replies, so i just come on here now and again, knowing there isnt a chance to sell on here.

but saying that, when ive received some decent replies, it gives me a sign that not everyone on here is an idiot.

have a good day
Old Dec 14th, 2011, 11:34   #147
Stock234

Default I was genuinely interested

I was genuinely interested in this when you where asking £600 cash for it. I was going to do the same andrewc1267. I have the trailer to haul it back to Cornwall, where it would have been fully stripped within a day and all of the parts stored for one of my projects. The thousand mile + round trip to collect would not have been the problem, the costs, or the fact of having no idea who I was dealing with.

Quote:
^^^ This however plus numerous other comments have deterred me from having any dealings with you!! Im a 27 year old male, I own an S70R, does this instantly mark me as being an “IDIOT BOY RACER” as you put it?? My S70R is My Pride and Joy, does this mark me as being an “OLD MAN”??

Just because you have slapped an MOT on it does not warrant a £600 increase on this vehicle. The state in which it lies at present is not one that I would be happy in parting with £1200 regardless of the work done to it. You said so yourself SPARES OR REPAIRS. I understand why a Few people have had a dig about you sales skills. It would take a few £££’s to sort out the remaining problems you have left with it, Carpets, cambelt, Switches, it soon ads up.

Anyone interested in this Vehicle have been driven away by the way in which you have dealt with the comments.

I apologize if I have caused offence to anyone but these are my thoughts and opinions.
98 Volvo V70 R Saffron Gold
02 Volvo V70 D5
Old Dec 14th, 2011, 12:48   #148
Lmason
L Mason

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stock234 View Post
I was genuinely interested in this when you where asking £600 cash for it. I was going to do the same andrewc1267. I have the trailer to haul it back to Cornwall, where it would have been fully stripped within a day and all of the parts stored for one of my projects. The thousand mile + round trip to collect would not have been the problem, the costs, or the fact of having no idea who I was dealing with.

^^^ This however plus numerous other comments have deterred me from having any dealings with you!! Im a 27 year old male, I own an S70R, does this instantly mark me as being an “IDIOT BOY RACER” as you put it?? My S70R is My Pride and Joy, does this mark me as being an “OLD MAN”??

Just because you have slapped an MOT on it does not warrant a £600 increase on this vehicle. The state in which it lies at present is not one that I would be happy in parting with £1200 regardless of the work done to it. You said so yourself SPARES OR REPAIRS. I understand why a Few people have had a dig about you sales skills. It would take a few £££’s to sort out the remaining problems you have left with it, Carpets, cambelt, Switches, it soon ads up.

Anyone interested in this Vehicle have been driven away by the way in which you have dealt with the comments.

I apologize if I have caused offence to anyone but these are my thoughts and opinions.
if you were interested in the car why didnt you contact me then? i cant read your mind. someone did contact me but they said id sell it better with an mot.

ps the mot wasnt "slapped on" not one of these dodgy mots. it failed the first time.

you add up x4 tyres, x3 rear outer axle bushes, and the labour involved. £50 for mot, and £30 for insurance to take it to mot, it doesnt need a cambelt.

so your loss, you shouldve contacted me prior to mot and i wouldnt of bothered to mot it if i knew you wanted it, but no, you just saying that after i mot it, and ask me "why didnt i say"

so tough... you go and find another s70r cos your not getting this one !!
Old Dec 14th, 2011, 13:28   #149
Stock234

Default What a Waste

Firstly i am not sat in front of a computer day in day out, Secondly Im really not that desperate to buy another. And Thirdly, the first time i stumbled across this add at the start of November. I read the First Post advertising it, then read through these comments back mainly from you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart S70R View Post
did i see this on gumtree????????
Quote:
yeah, ive got it on gumtree and ebay

wanna buy it or are you just another timewaster with spare time on your hands to post your feelings and opinion of prices?

its the deficit, you see, thats why prices are so high, paying for all the scroungers on the sick and unemployed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyv70 View Post
Ok pal....I,m one of those with loads of time on my hands, and it doesn't cost anything to voice an opinion, (which we are all entitled to do )...and as for feelings I,ve got loads of those as well........so out the goodness of my heart," GIVE US A TENNER "an I,ll take the car off your hands........cant be any fairer than that

best wishes

john
Quote:
bart s70r.........lol, see what i mean???

another expense to the taxpayer, increasing the deficit. wot a waist of space

What gives you the right to sit there judging other people or their Lives?? NOTHING!

I was Interested, but your outlook to everything seems to be one that i would not like to deal with. You come across as your own worst enemy. Why would anyone on here like to do business with you??

As for it not needing a Cambelt or PCV box you've had these done aswell then?? Considering in the add your Words are: -

Quote:
timing belt due and pcv box changing, other than that its fine.
scratched here and there, drivers footwell woen where foot goes.

I could be mistaken, but i doubt it! If you are going to sit there and then spool of rubbish to me then at least get the facts of your own advert right before you have a pop back.

Oh one more thing, It is FAR from my loss, i already own a Saffron, Manual, S70R, im not the one whom has wasted money on puttin a vehicle through MOT that really does not need it as no-one will purchase it! Im Not the one whom is going to be left with junk on my drive! Im not the one with any of these problems really or any other nor will i lose any sleep over it all.

If anything it is your loss as you have lost a serious buyer.
98 Volvo V70 R Saffron Gold
02 Volvo V70 D5
Old Dec 14th, 2011, 13:38   #150
Lmason
L Mason

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stock234 View Post
Firstly i am not sat in front of a computer day in day out, Secondly Im really not that desperate to buy another. And Thirdly, the first time i stumbled across this add at the start of November. I read the First Post advertising it, then read through these comments back mainly from you.

What gives you the right to sit there judging other people or their Lives?? NOTHING!

I was Interested, but your outlook to everything seems to be one that i would not like to deal with. You come across as your own worst enemy. Why would anyone on here like to do business with you??

As for it not needing a Cambelt or PCV box you've had these done aswell then?? Considering in the add your Words are: -

I could be mistaken, but i doubt it! If you are going to sit there and then spool of rubbish to me then at least get the facts of your own advert right before you have a pop back.

Oh one more thing, It is FAR from my loss, i already own a Saffron, Manual, S70R, im not the one whom has wasted money on puttin a vehicle through MOT that really does not need it as no-one will purchase it! Im Not the one whom is going to be left with junk on my drive! Im not the one with any of these problems really or any other nor will i lose any sleep over it all.

If anything it is your loss as you have lost a serious buyer.
ohh, i shouldve gone to specsavers !!
Closed Thread