Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

18" BBS Medea alloys x4

Views : 4629

Replies : 23

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 19th, 2012, 18:38   #1
kopite

Default 18" BBS Medea alloys x4

I`ve received my smaller 17`s today so my much loved Medea`s are up for sale. They came on my car as standard V50 SE Sport, approx 5 months ago I spent nearly £800 fitting all 4 out in Michellin Pilot Exalto tyres as they blew everything else out of the water. Unfortunately, some SCROAT stuck a knife in 1 of them approx 1 month ago so I put a brand new budjet tyre on as I knew I was selling, and didn`t have £185 spare.
All 4 wheels have got some form of scuffs on them from before I bought the car, as you can see from pictures it`s not too bad.
I`m after £650 for these and collect only (for now). If nobody is willing to collect or meet within 2 weeks I`ll look at sorting a courier out.
I`m near Liverpool and regularly travel to the lake district of a weekend so I`d be happy to meet anywhere in between on the M6.

When I get round to taking the wheels off I can take some more pictures in greater detail. In my honest opinion, I planned to have them refurbished when I bought the car 12 months ago but you only see the scuffs etc when you`re up close so never bothered with it.
Send me a private message if you`re interested

*EDIT* haha I`ve just noticed the first 2 wheel pictures are of the same wheel. Also, the wheel that`s slightly out of focus is probably the worst hit (wasn`t deliberate) so as I say, I`ll take better pics once they`re off the car.

Last edited by kopite; Apr 19th, 2012 at 18:42.
kopite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 16:24   #2
jigharha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopite View Post
I`ve received my smaller 17`s today so my much loved Medea`s are up for sale. They came on my car as standard V50 SE Sport, approx 5 months ago I spent nearly £800 fitting all 4 out in Michellin Pilot Exalto tyres as they blew everything else out of the water. Unfortunately, some SCROAT stuck a knife in 1 of them approx 1 month ago so I put a brand new budjet tyre on as I knew I was selling, and didn`t have £185 spare.
All 4 wheels have got some form of scuffs on them from before I bought the car, as you can see from pictures it`s not too bad.
I`m after £650 for these and collect only (for now). If nobody is willing to collect or meet within 2 weeks I`ll look at sorting a courier out.
I`m near Liverpool and regularly travel to the lake district of a weekend so I`d be happy to meet anywhere in between on the M6.

When I get round to taking the wheels off I can take some more pictures in greater detail. In my honest opinion, I planned to have them refurbished when I bought the car 12 months ago but you only see the scuffs etc when you`re up close so never bothered with it.
Send me a private message if you`re interested

*EDIT* haha I`ve just noticed the first 2 wheel pictures are of the same wheel. Also, the wheel that`s slightly out of focus is probably the worst hit (wasn`t deliberate) so as I say, I`ll take better pics once they`re off the car.

Are any of the tyres go and how much would you sell them? What about the other 3 tyres? I am just interested in the tyres.
jigharha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2012, 19:43   #3
kopite

I'd rather sell them as 1 thanks
Old Apr 23rd, 2012, 00:31   #4
t5_monkey
Monkeying Around

V.nice wheels, you'll notice the improvement in ride and handling with 17"s for sure.

Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey
t5_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2012, 07:37   #5
kopite

Cheers monkey (that sounds weird) my main reason is I do too many miles to fork out for 18" tyres but the extra ride comfort will be welcome, even though my current ride is pleasant
Old Apr 23rd, 2012, 08:41   #6
jigharha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopite View Post
I'd rather sell them as 1 thanks

Is it that you want to sell the tyres and the wheels as a set?

I don't mind buying the four tyres without the wheels. Its just the tyres that I need.

Is this OK?
jigharha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2012, 09:08   #7
Volvorforlife
Master Member

I think he means he wants to sell them as a wheel and tyre package. So no splitting them.
62reg Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE
Volvorforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2012, 11:37   #8
kopite

Yeh I'd rather sell wheels & tyres together
Thanks
Old Apr 24th, 2012, 18:31   #9
kopite

Going on eBay the weekend if there's no interest
Cheers
Old Apr 25th, 2012, 21:48   #10
scoobysn7x
Premier Member

Just wanted to check did the wheels turn up ok? and not damaged in transit?, just asking as the courier was exactly careful with them....
scoobysn7x is offline   Reply With Quote