Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

"anti skid service required"

Views : 1156

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 12th, 2014, 19:29   #1
dave morton

Default "anti skid service required"

got this message yesterday on start up but then it disappeared a few minutes later, now it seems it's back to stay so can anyone shed some light on what's needed for this type of service and approx cost?, incidentally my car is booked in for it's annual service on Tuesday.
cheers, Dave
dave morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2014, 07:12   #2
adieu
Master Member

It could be a couple of things, broken or damaged abs ring, dirty or broken abs sensor or a loose connection.

None of these are too expensive to repair/replace.

A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster
adieu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to adieu For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 13th, 2014, 10:59   #3
Ducklakeview
239,450 miles & counting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave morton View Post
got this message yesterday on start up but then it disappeared a few minutes later, now it seems it's back to stay so can anyone shed some light on what's needed for this type of service and approx cost?, incidentally my car is booked in for it's annual service on Tuesday.
cheers, Dave
I get this occasionally on mine, it's down to a faulty SAS (steering angle sensor) BUT, I know exactly when it happens and how to avoid - If I park the car with more than a full turn of lock on the steering wheel either side of dead ahead, I get the message when I restart the car, It's always repeatable and VIDA/DICE also confirms same, strangely enough though, in live data mode the angle output is fine...

Try stopping and starting with no lock and full lock on, it may be the same fault as mine!

Mike
Ducklakeview is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ducklakeview For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 13th, 2014, 15:51   #4
owenfackrell
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducklakeview View Post
I get this occasionally on mine, it's down to a faulty SAS (steering angle sensor) BUT, I know exactly when it happens and how to avoid - If I park the car with more than a full turn of lock on the steering wheel either side of dead ahead, I get the message when I restart the car, It's always repeatable and VIDA/DICE also confirms same, strangely enough though, in live data mode the angle output is fine...

Try stopping and starting with no lock and full lock on, it may be the same fault as mine!

Mike
Mine is the same as yours apart from its only in one direction. Doesn't bother me as it clears its self one you next restart and I clear it in vida each time I'm in it.
owenfackrell is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to owenfackrell For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 13th, 2014, 18:56   #5
Danielpsmith
Master Member

I had this message come up a few weeks ago and like others after said it was the steering angle sensor it cost me £300 all in including fitting and the software to match it to the car that was from volvo hope it helps
Danielpsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2014, 21:14   #6
dd1898

Mine only ever comes on if I drive in the rain, I have just bought a new sensor so will be replacing soon. I have had it checked and is reported as right rear either sensor or ring.
dd1898 is offline   Reply With Quote