Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Selling S80 - any idea on price?

Views : 1191

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 22nd, 2008, 23:00   #1
akash

Default Selling S80 - any idea on price?

Hi all,

Deciding to sell the S80 due to financial commitments...
I'm wondering if anyone can help me on what price it should go for? I've had a look round and S80's are low in price but most are either too high mileage (30-40k) or they are the SE spec rather than the SE Lux...or the D spec rather thanD5 etc.

Here are the specs:

Volvo 2007 (07 plate) S80 D5 SE LUX @ 22000 miles
Standard options + Electric folding rear headrests, bluetooth phone kit, bi-xenon lighting with headlamp washers, ventilated seats (beige leather), rear parking sensors, USB/IPOD connection with high performance sound system, passenger airbag switch off switch. Taxed till Oct, 2 years original warranty still remaining. Has had the autoglym package on it too. Serviced at 17500 miles.
Colour is the met/sapphire black with beige interior. No markings on body work or inside - I'm a perfectionist so even a fingerprint on the window annoys me to the point of getting out and removing it
Alloys are unmarked too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Old Feb 23rd, 2008, 11:54   #2
John_C
Allons-y!

I'm no expert but I reckon about 20 to 21k looking at what's on autotrader at the moment, there are 8 D5 SE Lux's nationwide but they're all are at main dealers with lower miles than yours.

Have you tried getting a glass's valuation from www.glass.co.uk as that's the guide the trade use, will give you an idea if nothing else.

Nice car, shame you have to sell it

Cheers,
John
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2008, 12:54   #3
akash

Thanks for the reply John, much appreciated.

I know, great car and its never been ill once (same as the other volvo's I've had) but at 23, it's a little too much and I've got to think a bit about the housing ladder and what not for a bit.

I did check out Glass but they don't have the S80 in their list of cars.

Paid the £2.99 for Parkers nothing really concrete as it varied too much in what I was seeing else where

Been phoning around and dealerships have offered between 18 and 21 (21 I would take but they just took in two S80's this morning not taking in for a few weeks)

Like you, I've seen many nationwide, and some SE's nationwide with lower spec than mine but only going for around £19k (sell) so I'm trying to avoid looking at those ones.
Old Feb 25th, 2008, 15:10   #4
GMcL
0's and 1's

Default What Car? Valuation

Volvo S80 Saloon (06-) D5 SE Lux 4dr 2007 (07)22,000 miles
Dealer £23,825
Private £21,250
Part exchange No Data
Trade No Data
Cost new £28,995
For Agile handling. Good safety and luxury equipment
Against Unsettled ride. Limited visibility due to thick front pillars

Reliability Insufficient data for accurate assessment.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
More on this model
ENGINE
Cubic capacity 2400
Cylinders 5
Max Power (bhp/rpm) 182/4000
Max Torque (lb ft/rpm) 295/2000
Town mpg 32.1
Out of Town mpg 56.5
Average mpg 44.1
Fuel Diesel
RUNNING COSTS
Insurance group 16
Service Intervals 1yr/18k
GMcL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2008, 15:32   #5
akash

Thanks, I did come across this

So far, its been between 18-21
I would be happy with 21 but they are overstocked at the moment
Old Mar 2nd, 2008, 19:08   #6
AfterShock

New S80's arent in Glass's guide yet so dont pay for a value through them and parkers arent overly accurate.

Being brutal £18-18.5k is its money in the trade. If you have been offered the 21k take it and quick! However its now march and a new reg so thats likely to have dropped.

I reckon £20-21k is what you would expect from a private sale.
AfterShock is offline   Reply With Quote